Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2003, 12:08 AM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

This news article from CNN says that the snipers that haunted everybody's nightmares for the longest time could be dismissed from court on the count that a book deal that the greedy fools got that busted these guys has information in it that was leaked out against a judges's order and that the fact that finding a jury that would be fair to the defence would be impossible.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/10/03/sn...mad/index.html

Now, I agree that the book deal and the leak of information for personal gain was in itself a prosecutable crime and I wish that the book would be banned on the account that it is using illegally obtained information in it that the defence had not even known about, as well as it is just a stupid book that somebody is using to get rich off of, by playing off the emotions and fame of the circumstances of this trial. It is a damn shame to see this happening.

However, I do not for one second want to think about what would happen to the U.S if these guys got dismissed from court. I mean, I know friends that wanted to go up there and track them down and snipe them themselves, and some of the friends I have are trained to be able to have accomplished it! If they are released, then somebody will do them in before they can do harm to another.

Certainly, nobody will take a serious consideration to releasing these guys because of their rights being thrown away in writing a book...right? If so, I am not liking our judicial system.

I have an idea for a fair trial for them, but nobody will like my idea. Let an overseas court judge them, and also weigh the evidence in their defence that maybe the guys writing this book has broke the law.

However, if an international court finds them innocent, then that country can keep these two fine men. Deal?
Old 10-04-2003, 12:48 AM   #2
Chewbacca
Zartan

It is outrageous that law enforcement may have damaged/destroyed the case with stupid media leaks.

They can still try em down In Alabama for the liquor store shooting if this case falls through, right? Or would that be Double Jepardy?
Old 10-04-2003, 03:32 PM   #3
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

Who needs a trial? They were both found in possesion of the weapon used in the shootings and their finger prints were found on it. Plus they had a lap top that they shot a man for. Add to that the fact that the idiot Jamaican admitted to the shootings there is no need for a trial. Just take them out and shoot them.
khazadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 12:38 AM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Let 'em get dismissed. Throw them out on the street and let the general population deal with them.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:16 PM   #5
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Give a few minutes to a "chief witness" with them alone, and burn their remains afterwards.
They could be dismissed from the court. But then they should go 2 meters beneath the earth and stay there.

[ 10-06-2003, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Black Baron ]

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote