Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2002, 01:51 AM   #1
Atrix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am finding the final battle with Irenicus in hell very difficult. When he is the Slayer he heals impossibly fast. One second he is near death the next second he is uninjured. I wast all my spells on him then attack him with my magical weapons but i can not seem to kill him.

Has anybody any tips to help make the final battle any easier.

Thanks
Atrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 02:34 AM   #2
Rhuarch
Dungeon Master

I don't know if it works on Irenicus, but my two favorite tactics for just about any battle are to use lots of traps. And charm/dominate/chaos as much as possible. You'd be surprised at how much it can help to have three of your enimies suddenly change sides, then start attacking eachother, especially if you manage to get any extra mages.
Old 05-13-2002, 03:07 AM   #3
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Dundee made a very nice and lengthy tactic post on this battle not that long ago [img]smile.gif[/img] Search for it... make your search pretty specific to... maybe like; Final Battle Irenicus Dundee or somethin [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-13-2002, 03:11 AM: Message edited by: Glorfindel ]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 08:03 AM   #4
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

when my char are weak i like to use the bait and run technique. attack with all your char. the one he desides to attack pull outta battle, let him chase player till he switches to another player.youll find trying to wear down his MR with peirce magic can be costly to your tanks trying to hold him off. if you lose your tanks and are left with mages and healers (especially low level char) you might as well hit the load button
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 10:38 AM   #5
Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs
Elminster

for mages: lower resistance x3 + Greater malison x3 + Finger of Death = dead Irenicus

note that you need a True Sight to dispel his invisibility, but you can use area effect spells aimed at his little reflective disk to hurt him a bit beforehand.

also note that 3-4 tanks/fighters can take him down pretty easily if you wait until he warps away after killing the demons. use the pause in the battle to heal and re-buff your people.
Old 05-13-2002, 10:42 AM   #6
Daniel_M
Elminster

Death Spell or Death fog kills summoned monsters instantly, i think...