Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Did you believe this to be true when you read the subject but before the article
Yes 30 71.43%
No 12 28.57%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2003, 11:34 AM   #11
BaRoN NiGhT

Quote:
Originally posted by Paladin2000:
quote:
Originally posted by Cristian:
err was it a joke? or was it true i dont get it.. O_o
Of course it is a joke. I have never seen a pickle with "uranium seed" before. Otherwise we would have nuclear bombs made from pickles. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]bwahahaha, picleared (pickled nuclear) bomb!
Old 09-25-2003, 11:39 AM   #12
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
And I have the feeling there's some distasteful underlying xenophobism (or at least anti-muslim feelings) at the base of the joke as well, but I can't quite work out the actual point of it either.
Just don't quit your day-job yet, Azimaith. [/QB]
I agree with all your points Grojlach. It was unfunny and borderline racist, imo [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2003, 11:40 AM   #13
GForce

[img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] I liked it. Very well done Azimaith.

Old 09-25-2003, 12:12 PM   #14
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Going to work now to sitck a jar of pickles in the microwave and run for it! How long until they blow up.? Heck I will just wing it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Yhea no work today or for awhile until they can clean up the place! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Granamere

[ 09-25-2003, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Granamere ]
Old 09-25-2003, 01:20 PM   #15
Azimaith
Manshoon

The joke would rely on using Kosher pickles, basically followers of judiasm eat kosher foods, Kosher pickles exploding, get it. Zionist equals jewish. Zionist pickles. If you think its racist well I suppose thats your view, I don't see how it is.

You could take it in terms that its making fun of the ridiculous amount of hate between the two groups that even a freak accident like an exploding pickle would be blamed on the other side. It really wouldn't mean nearly the same thing if I said: Today a Human being was killed by an exploding pickle. Am I supposed to say: The 26 year old man of a race though we won't say which because labeling races is bad.. and wrong.

Come on people.

[ 09-25-2003, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Azimaith ]
The Democrats bash the Republicans and the Republicans bash the democrats, now everyones got mud in their eyes and they can\'t see what matters.<br />Check out this site: [url]\"http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm</a>
Old 09-25-2003, 02:05 PM   #16
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Azimaith,I thought that was a pretty funny story,it did have me going for a second or two.And to anyone who feels that stories like this are racist go soak your head in a pickel barrel.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:17 PM   #17
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
And I have the feeling there's some distasteful underlying xenophobism (or at least anti-muslim feelings) at the base of the joke as well, but I can't quite work out the actual point of it either.
Just don't quit your day-job yet, Azimaith.
I agree with all your points Grojlach. It was unfunny and borderline racist, imo [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QB][/QUOTE]ah dont take it so seriously.. not such a racist joke tbh... and who likes muslims ? [img]tongue.gif[/img] ... almost as bad as Colombians... seriously dont say its a racist joke ya dont now nothing about racism...
Old 09-25-2003, 08:43 PM   #18
Azimaith
Manshoon

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Grojlach:
Just don't quit your day-job yet, Azimaith. [/qb]

Apparently by attempting to bombast me with words like "xenophobic" he intends to discredit my article.. You can't make fun of anything without being labeled as a racist anymore. Ugh, I would exclaim Jesus Christ save me from this idiocy! But then I would be labeled as an anti-semitist... I'm thinking of new articles to write so if you guys can come up with random sounding words that could be made into a ridiculous article I'd love to hear them.

LONG LIVE THE NUCLEAR PICKLE!!!

[ 09-25-2003, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Azimaith ]
The Democrats bash the Republicans and the Republicans bash the democrats, now everyones got mud in their eyes and they can\'t see what matters.<br />Check out this site: [url]\"http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm</a>
Old 09-26-2003, 07:22 AM   #19
Son of Osiris

I'll never look at a pickle the same way again!

Old 09-26-2003, 10:26 AM   #20
cloud ff7 38
User suspended until [Nov26]

i usually just take peoples word on things but an exploding killer pickle just sounded intresting.