Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2003, 03:59 PM   #31
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Actually using Yorick's argument against him: the trend seems to be not unifying but breaking up Europe! It's true what you said about Prussia, Bavarian etc. unifying, but look how many more nations have broken up in the last 50 years.

Czechoslovakia broken into Czech republic and Slovakia

USSR broken up into don't know how many pieces but Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Ukraine, Moldova etc. are all new nations.
Yugoslavia has broken up into Serbia, Bosnia, Slovenia, Croatia etc.

Even tiny countries like Lichtenstein and Luxembourg want to remain independant when they don't even have their own language or hardly enough land or population to classify them as a country.

TL - don't worry I wasn't upset, just realised how rarely people agree with me on debates, dunno if it's my views, I'm just dumb or people are just too stuck in their own views
Old 06-03-2003, 04:13 PM   #32
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
TL - don't worry I wasn't upset, just realised how rarely people agree with me on debates, dunno if it's my views, I'm just dumb or people are just too stuck in their own views

Vasky [img]smile.gif[/img] in my case, it is because you are almost as stubborn as I am

Old 06-03-2003, 04:20 PM   #33
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:

Vasky [img]smile.gif[/img] in my case, it is because you are almost as stubborn as I am
[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2003, 04:26 PM   #34
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:

I'm fine with one vote for each Euro-nation. Just so long as Illinois, KY, MO, VT, CA, DE, etc all get their one vote. Especially since on an individual basis our states are usually bigger and/or more populated that your typical EU nation.
No matter how diverse the US is, it isn't as diverse as, say, Spain and Holland, Britain and Denmark, France and Finland, Italy and Sweden, is it? [img]smile.gif[/img]

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:51 PM   #35
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:

I'm fine with one vote for each Euro-nation. Just so long as Illinois, KY, MO, VT, CA, DE, etc all get their one vote. Especially since on an individual basis our states are usually bigger and/or more populated that your typical EU nation.
No matter how diverse the US is, it isn't as diverse as, say, Spain and Holland, Britain and Denmark, France and Finland, Italy and Sweden, is it? [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]I already said that! [img]tongue.gif[/img] But at least someone agrees with me
Old 06-03-2003, 04:52 PM   #36
Kaltia
Jack Burton

I know, Vask, but everybody seems to ignore you so I thought I'd chip in [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 06-03-2003, 06:34 PM   #37
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I already answered it. Diversity is not the issue I'm talking about. I have two issues: (1) Fairness/justice and (2) comparable size of the two. These are different reasons for the more proper representation of votes. In fact, I posted that I agreed there was more diversity in Europe -- though on second thought I have to say "not by much" considering the Russians, Austrians, Czech, British, German, Italian, French, Spanish, and Swiss folks I've met are not all that dissimilar in the modern era -- they are certainly not the charicatures of "It's a Small World After All."

But, if you guys want to quote one thing I say and then speak to an entirely separate issue, I dont' mind at all.
Old 06-03-2003, 06:43 PM   #38
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Hmm don't know about comparable size of Europe and USA...
I can't remember the more accurate figure but Europe's population is up around 700 million with USA "only" around 280 million. Of course counting only EU countries (not all the new ones joining next year) it's only around 400 million.

Here is an article about population decrease in Europe:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2895109.stm

and another:

http://www.rferl.org/nca/features/20...2003161818.asp

they're both short and simple

[ 06-03-2003, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Old 06-04-2003, 12:19 AM   #39
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Night Stalker:
Actually johnny, we have 51 governments ..... one Fed and 50 State. Each state has it's own sepparate Constitution.
So you're not ONE nation under God, with one flag, etc....

Come on dude, you know what i mean. You can't compare Europe with the US like that.
[/QUOTE]You know you're right! Unlike the United States of Europe, the United States of America doesn't have Polish people, Dutch, Germans, Italians, Jews, Africans, Spainish, Amerindians, Indians, Arabs, Irish, English, Scottish or Australians all living in it's nation.

I don't know why I thought racial homogenity wasn't an issue in determining what a nation was. Silly me.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 06-04-2003, 12:25 AM   #40
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Night Stalker:
Actually johnny, we have 51 governments ..... one Fed and 50 State. Each state has it's own sepparate Constitution.
So you're not ONE nation under God, with one flag, etc....

Come on dude, you know what i mean. You can't compare Europe with the US like that.
[/QUOTE]You know you're right! Unlike the United States of Europe, the United States of America doesn't have Polish people, Dutch, Germans, Italians, Jews, Africans, Spainish, Amerindians, Indians, Arabs, Irish, English, Scottish or Australians all living in it's nation.

I don't know why I thought racial homogenity wasn't an issue in determining what a nation was. Silly me.
[/QUOTE]do you guys always have to find something to fight about?????
geez come on let every country decide their own paths, and let the people who are the country vote their way