Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2003, 07:16 PM   #41
MagiK

The only problem Azred is that if you help keep the addicts alive, they begin to pile up and sad to say, they just dont make great employees so they won't be earning any cash or contributing in any significant way to society. I think you would just end up with a ton of useless piles of flesh to worry about.

Old 06-03-2003, 07:22 PM   #42
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Their is a middle ground to drug users as well you know. It is not just
non-users / addicts. There are some people who do enjoy recreational use of such malignant drugs like opiates and all the uptown varieties. Hard to make that distinction i know, but it's true.
Old 06-03-2003, 07:30 PM   #43
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

The only problem Azred is that if you help keep the addicts alive, they begin to pile up and sad to say, they just dont make great employees so they won't be earning any cash or contributing in any significant way to society. I think you would just end up with a ton of useless piles of flesh to worry about.
Main Entry: sar·casm
Pronunciation: 'sär-"ka-z&m
Function: noun
Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwar&s- to cut
Date: 1550
1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm
synonym: see WIT

[img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] I apologize, MagiK. I just couldn't resist that response. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:11 PM   #44
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

You must prove that for me to believe it Magik.

As far as I know, it is not proven that drug legalization will lead to an increase in drug use, nor is it proven that drug users in genersal, not just addicts, are any more or less productive than say a person who drinks, or is totally sober.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:25 PM   #45
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
Chewbacca, since marijuana is still illegal in many places, I don't consider a pot smoker to be an "oppressed person", simply a criminal (as defined by the law). Whether or not smoking marijuana is or is not proper or should be legal would, of course, be a great topic for a differnt thread....

You know...no one forces anyone to check those boxes in the "ethnic origin" section of those forms. Or you could always just lie on them...I have. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]
Oppression is the denial of basic liberty, So pot laws could be percieved oppressive correct?

Oppression can also be defined by the intent of the oppressors. The history of marijuana prohibition is ripe with out-right scientific and political lies, racial stereotypes, big business controlling leglislative policy, and corporate media controlling information. In 1930's the oppression of Marijuana and Hemp began in our society. "The Emporer Wears No Cloths" by Jack Herer has a fine little history lesson about the intent of the those who criminalized marijuana and why. Oppressors they were.

Criminal as defined by law, but also oppressive.

Lets say that cake was illegal, cause it could make you fat if you eat to much.

Would you feel oppressed if you wanted cake, but had to worry about being caught driving home with the little peice you bought from your friend?

After all it is just cake.

[ 06-03-2003, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 06-03-2003, 09:38 PM   #46
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
You know...no one forces anyone to check those boxes in the "ethnic origin" section of those forms. Or you could always just lie on them...I have. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]
There is a vast amount of wisdom in this statement.

I had a friend in college who looked at me one day and wondered why the hell cops were always troubling him and why people were rude to him at checkout lines. He asked if that happened to me, and if not whether it was because I was white and he was black. I looked at his pot-leaf laden T-shirt and said, "No, Chris, I don't think it has so much to do with race as with advertising a particular image." [img]graemlins/dontknowaboutyou.gif[/img]

Oh well, I hope he figured it out. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2003, 12:32 AM   #47
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
quote:
There is a vast amount of wisdom in this statement.

I'm glad you think so. One of my rare moments of clarity. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

I had a friend in college who looked at me one day and wondered why the hell cops were always troubling him and why people were rude to him at checkout lines. He asked if that happened to me, and if not whether it was because I was white and he was black. I looked at his pot-leaf laden T-shirt and said, "No, Chris, I don't think it has so much to do with race as with advertising a particular image." [img]graemlins/dontknowaboutyou.gif[/img]

Oh well, I hope he figured it out. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

That reminds me of Julie, a girl who worked at the store with Belle and I. She had several facial piercings yet couldn't figure out why some people acted nervous around her. [/QUOTE]Chewbacca, I understand that decades of ignorance and paranoia have developed into a culture of oppression for those who choose to partake of various substances; in fact, I don't disagree with you about that. However, because drug use is a personal choice whereas ethnic origin is not, I do not group them together. The distinction is one I make, that's all. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:35 AM   #48
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

here is a site for legal drugs do not ask how I got ahold of it [img]tongue.gif[/img]
18 and older only
Old 06-04-2003, 09:14 AM   #49
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
Would you feel oppressed if you wanted cake, but had to worry about being caught driving home with the little peice you bought from your friend?

After all it is just cake.

If this is the case...now that you mention it...I feel oppressed at home all the time [img]smile.gif[/img] Mysti made me eat a salad last night and I really wanted cake

Old 06-04-2003, 09:20 AM   #50
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
[qb] You must prove that for me to believe it Magik.

As far as I know, it is not proven that drug legalization will lead to an increase in drug use, nor is it proven that drug users in genersal, not just addicts, are any more or less productive than say a person who drinks, or is totally sober.

Your are right there Chewie, I have no statistical analysis to work from, all I have really is annecdotal evidence from my very first two years in the navy before they implemented widespread urinalysis programs....I know which people were likely to do better work and which ones were likely to get me or someone else killed. And I agree 100% with you that Alcohol is just as deadly as pot, and I can also tell you..in my current company we just had a guy fired due to his sloppy work which was brought on by alcoholism, he was the second one since I have been working here.. Drunk or stoned..you are not a good employee or an effective worker...In my own experience of course...but as I said I have no studies to back this up.