Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2002, 10:55 AM   #11
Melusine
Dracolisk

Uh... I hope the fact that he's filing a stupid lawsuit does not give us the right to insult him.
His weight may be part of the reason why he's suing, but I would hate to see some of our members hurt because others throw terms like 'disgusting fat git' around... I can imagine that *is* hurtful
sorry for being such a killjoy.
Old 07-26-2002, 10:58 AM   #12
WillowIX
Apophis

Wow, you really can file lawsuits against everything down there. What´s next? Parents sue candy companies for dentist bills? Sheesh...
Old 07-26-2002, 10:59 AM   #13
Davros
Takhisis Follower

To the guy with the lawsuit - Get Real And Get A Life - You Made The Choice - Either Live With It Or Have The Courage To Change It.

To the Hunter of Jahanna - not the first time you have let your biases show - fine to have an opinion on the lawsuit, fine to have an opinion about fat people. Be a tad more careful about how you express it in future, because this is not the first time that you have strayed about the borders of abuse on this subject.
Old 07-26-2002, 11:15 AM   #14
Evil Al
Drow Warrior

I really don't see thepoint in filing law suits against ciggarette companies and fast food chains. I smoke and i know that if i keep doing it I have a good chance of getting a fatal illness, i know this when i started now i'm addicted to nicotine. I also knew I would get addicted to it. As i smoke I look at the warning "Smoking leads to serious health problems. In short I only have myself to blame, i don't want to smoke but i can't help it.
I also eat a lot of fast food but i do a bit of exersize almost everyday - infact i eat about 4 times the needed amount of jules each day. It doesn't have to be running 3 miles each day. As some of you have seen I mainly walk around the village with my good mate Mojo. And i believe it beifits us both health wise.
I\'m not bigheaded but go here and tell me just how sexy i am [url]\"http://www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard\" target=\"_blank\">www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard</a><br /><br />War in iraq? Not in my name!<br /><br />Disarm America.
Old 07-26-2002, 11:18 AM   #15
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Evil Al:
I really don't see thepoint in filing law suits against ciggarette companies and fast food chains. I smoke and i know that if i keep doing it I have a good chance of getting a fatal illness, i know this when i started now i'm addicted to nicotine. I also knew I would get addicted to it. As i smoke I look at the warning "Smoking leads to serious health problems. In short I only have myself to blame, i don't want to smoke but i can't help it.
That's true - you're absolutely right that if your health's affected by your smoking you only have yourself to blame. But if I'm not mistaken you're still a kid... Several decades back, the people who started smoking did NOT get health warnings, and it was not known that smoking was quite so addictive. Tobacco companies withheld that information. So there's a big difference between people who started smoking relatively recently, and people who started smoking in that time.
Old 07-26-2002, 11:23 AM   #16
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Uh... I hope the fact that he's filing a stupid lawsuit does not give us the right to insult him.
His weight may be part of the reason why he's suing, but I would hate to see some of our members hurt because others throw terms like 'disgusting fat git' around... I can imagine that *is* hurtful
sorry for being such a killjoy.
oops - sorry! Was only trying to be insulting for the guy doing the lawsuit

but yes, everyone who partakes in such things should at least have the wherewithall to take responsibility for their own actions

Old 07-26-2002, 11:34 AM   #17
Deathbringer

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Wow, you really can file lawsuits against everything down there. What´s next? Parents sue candy companies for dentist bills? Sheesh...
Actually, I wouldn't be suprised!

Old 07-26-2002, 11:39 AM   #18
lian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I eat fast food at least three times a week, namely Wendy's, Arby's and others...I am not fat,,,in fact I am underweight for my average height and age...but that's no problem. Yet I would never be fool enough to blame anyone for my eating habits. I do not have to eat at those places. I could get outta bed 10 minutes earlier and make a better meal for my self and bring it to work with me, if I cared to. But I don't care to. I enjoy super-sizing a Wendy's Spicy Chicken Combo and having a 44oz. Cheerwine. It lifts my spirits and all that.
That is my decision...those resturaunts are not liable for that.
Old 07-26-2002, 11:42 AM   #19
lian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Woops--I'm still learning how this goes. I wanted to say that I totally agree with Larry. I eat fast food several times a week. I love the stuff. I think most people don't know when to stop. It's not so much what you eat as how much. Also, I work out like crazy, so I don't feel bad about indulging in my favorite foods.
Old 07-26-2002, 11:45 AM   #20
Evil Al
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
That's true - you're absolutely right that if your health's affected by your smoking you only have yourself to blame. But if I'm not mistaken you're still a kid... Several decades back, the people who started smoking did NOT get health warnings, and it was not known that smoking was quite so addictive. Tobacco companies withheld that information. So there's a big difference between people who started smoking relatively recently, and people who started smoking in that time.[/QB]
Yeah, i realise that people didn't get the warnings in the past. But really doesn't common sence dictate that inhailing smoke is unhealthy? Weren't the people buying cigarettes told that they had tar in them?

Hey! I'm not a kid! I'm a whole 17 years old... Well yeah I'm still a kid. Ah can you remember being that young? (Just kidding, don't hurt me, pleeeeease.)
I\'m not bigheaded but go here and tell me just how sexy i am [url]\"http://www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard\" target=\"_blank\">www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard</a><br /><br />War in iraq? Not in my name!<br /><br />Disarm America.