Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2002, 04:48 AM   #11
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Me and a moderator didnt see eye to eye....mostly because he was on his high horse
A very accurate description.

[ 06-19-2002, 04:49 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 06-19-2002, 04:54 AM   #12
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Yall mean to tell me there are other forums???? OMG!!!! Why??? This one is enough for me. Why should I look elsewhere when Im already have everything I need???

Shirley, you must be kdding.
Old 06-19-2002, 04:56 AM   #13
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthdog:

Shirley, you must be kdding.
Madman-Rogovich's real name is Shirley?? Now that's a disturbing thought...
Old 06-19-2002, 05:06 AM   #14
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Click different sigs around the place for good forums... mine has Evion-Muntaci; which is currently er... under construction... developements should finish this weekend...
Groj, Mel, and Vaskez all link to pandemonium... with those three as admins, theres only one better place- andif your reading this, your already there.
Reeka links to The Silver River; quite good if you like spammy games such as word association.
Lavindathar links to the FFgaming forums, just the place for anyone who wants help with final fantasy.
Smoothie links to Valhalla, quite good; but she rarely posts here, so you`ll have to do a very detailed search to find that sig...

Other than that, I would stongly warn you against the Black Isle Studios forums- one person I talk to on ICQ described them very accurately as "the place where all the morons on the net go; so the rest of us don`t have to put up with them"... I know of someone there who was banned because someone flamed them... nuff said.

As for Sorceres Place; one look at the rules and I fled there... "No periods in the title"... "Noone likes stupid l33t talk"... strict rules are good, to a certain point- this place has looked at that point, but have`t stepped over it... rather, had a catapult fire them as far as possible over it....
Old 06-19-2002, 05:10 AM   #15
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
Other than that, I would stongly warn you against the Black Isle Studios forums- one person I talk to on ICQ described them very accurately as "the place where all the morons on the net go; so the rest of us don`t have to put up with them"...
Drat! I knew registering over there was bad for my reputation.
Old 06-19-2002, 05:17 AM   #16
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Actually, the BlackIsle Forums are quite informative. I lurk there, but I rarely post there.

It helps that David Gaider posts there. Person in charge of Baldurdash in case you did not know.
Old 06-19-2002, 05:21 AM   #17
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Actually, the BlackIsle Forums are quite informative. I lurk there, but I rarely post there.

It helps that David Gaider posts there. Person in charge of Baldurdash in case you did not know.
Wierd... in 6 months of lurking there, and posting occasionally, I found absolutely no posts of any informative value...
Old 06-19-2002, 05:24 AM   #18
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Netwings is a pretty good forum too, no flaming, helpfull people, of course you gotta be in to flightsimulators, otherwise there's not much for you to talk about.
Old 06-19-2002, 05:26 AM   #19
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:

Wierd... in 6 months of lurking there, and posting occasionally, I found absolutely no posts of any informative value... [/QUOTE]Well, you shouldn't try to look for any in the Way Way Offtopic forum, your earlier description is quite apt for the people in there. But for the rest, the BIS crew themselves are also posting over there, so sometimes some informative posts are made, especially in the related game forums. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Oh, and you post there yourself, but there haven't been any posts with any informative value? Does that implicate that your own posts are rather useless as well? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 06-19-2002, 05:27 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 06-19-2002, 05:28 AM   #20
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Wierd... in 6 months of lurking there, and posting occasionally, I found absolutely no posts of any informative value...
Well, I found out about soloing a Sorcerer/Assassin, reasons for and against a Kensai/Mage, got the latest news on David Gaider's Improved Boss Mods, etc... ...

Yes, there were flames. Yes, there were Trolls. Yes, it can be an unpleasant place. But it had its' golden moments too.