Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2002, 06:09 PM   #11
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Nice poetry dude! I love it!
Old 05-28-2002, 06:19 PM   #12
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Looks like my Haiku inspired the pastry dude to greater heights - good effort buddy. And I'll just re-post my last year's effort as homage to our Donut :

There was an Ancient Donut,
A man of trusting soul
Quick to feet, with loud applause
When the Gooners score a goal

An all round British sportsman
And a staunch admirer still
Of his national sporting treausures
E'en when there o'er the hill.

A defender of life's freedoms
Yea, the weekly footy trip
Putting to flight witch Sarah
As he battles on for Chip

And oft he switches on
To the Wimbledon display
Just to see if tiny Timmy
Might, just one year, not dismay.

And every twelve year cycle
When the Lions come to town
He becomes so very vocal
Except last night, why the frown.

For last night he was absent
And he was so sorely missed
For when his Lions got splattered
He was probably drowning his sorrows

For we know he's not in Edgbaston
To see Gillie's flashing blade
He's outside practising some strange dance
Hoping to rain on our parade.

But never fear for Donut
He can take care of himself
We just await some Brit success
To bring him off his shelf.

Looks like he is back "off the shelf" now
Old 05-28-2002, 07:26 PM   #13
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
pure poetry dude, but stop reminding me holland isn't there. They really belong at the highest platform with the kind of players we have. There's a lot of teams there who won't stand a chance of making it to the second round, team usa for example. Holland played them last week in boston and won easily with 2-0. And what about china ? They played psv a couple of days ago and lost 1-0. Some teams simply don't belong there.
With the kind of players you have, the KNVB should hire a psychologist or something. I've seen some of those matches that the Dutch side played and let me tell you what i noticed, their arrogance. It was like 'Oh, we are just playing against this team, if i don't score, somebody else will.' or 'Ok, we've got a 1 goal lead and it's 10 minutes before the end of the game, let's attack and make another one. They wont score anyway.' And what happens. They got another or sometimes even 2 goals against them, causing them to draw or loose the match. At this level, a nice game is a bonus, but it ultimatly evolves around winning the game. If you can win and get the points by playing conservative, defensive football, then you should do it.
I do agree that with the amount of individual talent that the Netherlands have, they should be in it, but they didn't qualify and that's it. The only thing that counts are points.
At least we made it. How far we'll go is another question but we made it.
Old 05-28-2002, 07:50 PM   #14
Epona
Zartan

LMAO @ Donut and Davros!
Nice one mates!

Mmmmm, should I put a damper on this by saying I'm not supporting Eng... er... no, maybe this is not the time or place
Old 05-28-2002, 09:41 PM   #15
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Here we go, here we go, here we here we here we go

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 05-28-2002, 11:37 PM   #16
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
quote:
pure poetry dude, but stop reminding me holland isn't there. They really belong at the highest platform with the kind of players we have. There's a lot of teams there who won't stand a chance of making it to the second round, team usa for example. Holland played them last week in boston and won easily with 2-0. And what about china ? They played psv a couple of days ago and lost 1-0. Some teams simply don't belong there.
With the kind of players you have, the KNVB should hire a psychologist or something. I've seen some of those matches that the Dutch side played and let me tell you what i noticed, their arrogance. It was like 'Oh, we are just playing against this team, if i don't score, somebody else will.' or 'Ok, we've got a 1 goal lead and it's 10 minutes before the end of the game, let's attack and make another one. They wont score anyway.' And what happens. They got another or sometimes even 2 goals against them, causing them to draw or loose the match. At this level, a nice game is a bonus, but it ultimatly evolves around winning the game. If you can win and get the points by playing conservative, defensive football, then you should do it.
I do agree that with the amount of individual talent that the Netherlands have, they should be in it, but they didn't qualify and that's it. The only thing that counts are points.
[/QUOTE]that's exactly the answer i would expecpt from someone from belgium, what is it that you hate us so much dude ? Every time holland and belgium draw (lets say 0-0) you guys celebrate like you just became worldchampions, what makes it so special for belgians to beat holland, tell me please, couse i don't understand all the fuzz !
Old 05-29-2002, 12:56 PM   #17
Moiraine
Anubis

Now, I can't let that thread drown to the bottom of IW dungeons ! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/smilebounce.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2002, 07:55 PM   #18
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Now, I can't let that thread drown to the bottom of IW dungeons ! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/smilebounce.gif[/img]
why not ?
Old 05-29-2002, 08:02 PM   #19
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
quote:
[/QUOTE]that's exactly the answer i would expecpt from someone from belgium, what is it that you hate us so much dude ? Every time holland and belgium draw (lets say 0-0) you guys celebrate like you just became worldchampions, what makes it so special for belgians to beat holland, tell me please, couse i don't understand all the fuzz !
[/QUOTE]Correct me if i'm wrong but don't the Dutch have something similar with the Germans ?
It always boils down to history. Remember that a long time ago we were under Dutch rule untill we kicked them out. Something like that always sticks in the back of the head of a nation.
Old 05-29-2002, 08:20 PM   #20
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
yes jr, some dutch people feel that way towards germans and i feel sorry for them, what a waste of time. And don't start that history thing, how long ago was that, ages isn't it ? Is it worth it to be angry over that in this day and age ? If everyone would feel that way there probably wouldn't be a moment of piece anymore. Get a life dude.