Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2002, 09:16 PM   #31
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Good point, my precious little buttercup!
~winks~
Old 05-26-2002, 10:24 PM   #32
lroyo

OK, so you know how people call flirting "spading", well at work, I've been called "the human bobcat" over the years because people always assume that I'm flirting. It seems that just because I am genuinely interested in people, and look them in the eye when I'm speaking to them, I'm considered a big flirt.

Over the years I have got into quite some trouble with people getting the wrong idea, so I have formed a bit of a habit along the way. Whenever I meet someone, I try to throw into the conversation that I am married as early as possible. This has helped a lot, as the guys realize where I'm coming from very early on, and that I'm not in fact cracking on to them!

Aviendha.

[ 05-26-2002, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Aviendha ]

Old 05-27-2002, 01:13 AM   #33
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
LOL, I was kidding, Attalus. Just as I have had enough proof that such idiots exist, I also know there are a lot of decent men about, and I don't hold them responsible for the actions of their mentally less gifted brethren [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Whew, that's good. Somehow the idiots do stand out, though, don't they? The old metaphor of one rotten apple to spoil the barrel?[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] Yes, unfortunately they do. But then again, the really good ones do as well!
Old 05-27-2002, 01:18 AM   #34
Charean
Hathor

In my early years, no matter what I did, it was considered flirting. When you are young, men are always hopeful... so whatever you say can be construed incorrectly.

That line is a tough one. Hard to describe, but you know when you cross it.
Old 05-27-2002, 04:30 AM   #35
Vampire

Hey sweetie, like I said, I don't mind if you flirt at all. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll get intensly jealous ofcourse [img]graemlins/agree.gif[/img] but that's expected because i love you so much. [img]graemlins/1luvu.gif[/img]
Flirting is all relative. I mean if u do more than most girls the guy has experienced do then experience tells him you are flirting. I trust you darling so have fun!
Old 05-27-2002, 05:11 AM   #36
Sir_Tainly

Damn I hoped to find some flirting in this thread..I am so disappointed now !

Seriously I had a friend at uni who was very touchy-feely and often that was misconstrued as flirting.

Old 05-27-2002, 05:26 AM   #37
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Flirting??

Oh, is it when someone asks you if you have a problem with your eyes??

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 05-27-2002, 06:58 AM   #38
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Good point, my precious little buttercup!
~winks~
Eh?? And who's the handsome bumbling ranger talking to? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2002, 08:15 AM   #39
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, Mistral, is Larry flirting with Eternity, now? I think so.
Cloudy, I have had the (mis)fortune of being present at several of those men-bashing conversations, and when I protested that I didn't do any of "those things" (the one about asking directions particularly irritates me - I always stop and ask for directions), only to be patted and told, "not you, sweetie," or words to that effect. But, Lord knows, they do exist, Galadria's ex being a notable example, I am told.
Old 05-27-2002, 08:39 AM   #40
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Melusine, if anything remotely like that happened to you, I shall abjectly apologise to you, on behalf of the misbegotten members of my sex. I cannot understand why some men act like that. I like pretty women as well or better tnan the next guy, but the idea of accosting an innocent girl or woman and assuming that they were a prostitute has never occured to me. I think that this must have been a case of somethiung approaching exhibitionism.
Probably exhibitionism. Attalus you don't need to apologise for him [img]smile.gif[/img] I know there are just a few extremely rotten apples out there and millions of deliciously sweet ones too