Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2002, 01:24 AM   #1
madmartigan
The Magister

First i'm playing a ranger/cleric multiclass, hoping i can get the ranger stronghold for the moondog figurine, is this possible? Can i get both strongholds?

Nother how does one gain access to umar hillz i don't have minsc so the boy dosen't come give me directions...

Were can i find the hammer of thundeboltz? I thought it was in the sewers in the temple district for some reason...

How do i get access to the door in the sewers(temple district), it's the door behind the high lvl party guarding it(hidden).

And lastly I have to find haedalis+gem and the wizard who captured him but i can't get access to that darn door!!!!

Hmm i think that's it...

Oh opinion on Gesen bow, does it suck because it's apparently sooo slow???
madmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 01:31 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by madmartigan:
First i'm playing a ranger/cleric multiclass, hoping i can get the ranger stronghold for the moondog figurine, is this possible? Can i get both strongholds?

Yes. No.

Nother how does one gain access to umar hillz i don't have minsc so the boy dosen't come give me directions...

Two options here, go to the Government District and go the park in front of the Council of Six building. You will find the boy there. Alternatively, go to Valgar's house in the Docks District and find some documents there which will highlight Umar Hills for you.

Were can i find the hammer of thundeboltz? I thought it was in the sewers in the temple district for some reason...

Temple District Sewers.

How do i get access to the door in the sewers(temple district), it's the door behind the high lvl party guarding it(hidden).

Kill Tazok in Windspear Hills and use the Sewer Key he drops.

And lastly I have to find haedalis+gem and the wizard who captured him but i can't get access to that darn door!!!!

Left one or right one? There are two secret doors in the Temple District Sewers. The wizard resides in the left secret door, right of the passageway leading to the Cult of the Unseeing Eye.

Oh opinion on Gesen bow, does it suck because it's apparently sooo slow???

It has +4 enchanted phantom arrows.

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 01:39 AM   #3
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ok well (Spoilers Naturally):

1. I have heard a few people say you can only get 1 stronghold... but I have always been able to get as many as I can (e.g. For all my elven f/m's I have gotten the Fighter stronghold AND the Mage stronghold) So I am saying that yes you can [img]smile.gif[/img]

2. Hmm well you can find delon at the Goverment District IIRC... but there also is some fella who comes up to you at some time I think.

3. Yes the hammer of Thunderbolts is in the sewer District.... the secret entrance is near the secret entrance to Mekraths Lair(Where you find Haer'Dalis) More specifically it is in the very top corner of the sewers where you run into Draug Fer(sp?) and the others in that gang that demand a toll or they fight you. You have to have the sewer key from Tazoks body in Firkraag's Dungeon to open the first door though... But on the bright side THESE Mind Flayers dont have Magic Resistance [img]smile.gif[/img] .

4. Answer is in the Hammer of Thunderbolts answer. Btw look out for the Wand of Wonder... It is the most Valuable Item in the game... keep it until the Saughin Priestess who has temple status in The Saughin city to get an absoloute FORTUNE... and if you are a high rep. person (high charisma is good to) You can get unlimited money from her [img]smile.gif[/img] .

5.LOL! Also just there near a pack of Goblins right near the Gang under the Sewers ... Haer'Dalis wont pop up until you have Killed Mekrath... possibly if you work for him... but I have never bothered doing that... hmm might have to do that soon actually.

Anyway that should just about answer it all
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 01:40 AM   #4
Glorfindel

pffh... and naturally Dundee had just finished writing by the time I had started damnit [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2002, 01:45 AM   #5
madmartigan
The Magister

hehe thanks alot !!!
madmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 01:56 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:
pffh... and naturally Dundee had just finished writing by the time I had started damnit [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
You wrote more in detail, and I just gave the essentials. Anyway, while it is true that it is possible to have two strongholds, this can only happen if one of your class is a Fighter kit. Cleric/Rangers cannot have two Strongholds without cheating, but a Cleric/Fighter can.

[ 04-30-2002, 01:57 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 02:12 AM   #7
Glorfindel

AHH! I understand now... so thats why even when I played as a F/M/T I was able to get all three... that clears things up ... I wonder why it is like that ?