Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2001, 09:03 AM   #61
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
God does not interven human fares, people, wake up!
there is a God, but he does not decide our future
we find comfort, strength, peace by BEING with him, and

THAT IS THE PROTECTION HE HAS PLACED ON US

with that, out futures and welbeings are decided by our own deeds
God has never once lifted his blessing, it is always with us
That was very profound 250, I am impressed.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-16-2001, 09:10 AM   #62
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
Well, he misinterpreted it. God will NEVER EVER lift his finger up to remove his protection. We will be the ones held responsible, not him... Whole point. The fact that he made that statement means that he doesn't knwo a thing about his religion and all. I am Catholic, and I think I understand God now. I think we all should be dead if He was this mean. This states that he has little faith in his deity and it plains says he is a coward. Abortions and homosexualities are different from terrorisms anyway. I am being one-sided here, but hell, why would they preach God is ever-forgiving if He isn't? Geez...
Hi Bahamut, Yes, we have free will and we make our decisions. So we will be held accountable, one and all, according to Christianity.

KHaN: Docking a boat does not mean you are taking it out of commission...unless you mean "dry dock" and that is a whole different concept. Docking a boat, in my experience with boats, is to bring it to shore and moor it so it won't drift and cause accidents but is readily available to go out any time it's owner chooses to take it.

CB

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-16-2001, 09:14 AM   #63
Dramnek_Ulk

Most christians dont even know what christian is. What some christians consider the most holy will of god, some condemmn as the devils way.
Also what the bible says is always gross sterotypeing. it always portarays christians as good and kind and all non-belivers as evil and bad. That is to simple for anyone to take seriously.

Anyway if you belive god exists and is good, why does he allow evil to happen?

An all knowing god would know evil exists, An all powerful god would be able to prevent it from happening and an all good god would not want evil to exist.

You are also saying that you must belive in an idea, in this case christianity be able to understand it. I understand why people commit terrorist acts but that doesnt mean i agree does it?

Old 09-16-2001, 09:15 AM   #64
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:
That was very profound 250, I am impressed.

ty ty, we all learn and grow
Old 09-16-2001, 09:18 AM   #65
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
Most christians dont even know what christian is. What some christians consider the most holy will of god, some condemmn as the devils way.
Also what the bible says is always gross sterotypeing. it always portarays christians as good and kind and all non-belivers as evil and bad. That is to simple for anyone to take seriously.

Anyway if you belive god exists and is good, why does he allow evil to happen?

An all knowing god would know evil exists, An all powerful god would be able to prevent it from happening and an all good god would not want evil to exist.

it?

if there is no darkness, why do you need light?
if you are not afraid of cold, why do you appreciate fire?

I am not a christian, chances are, I believe God cannot prevent evilfrom existing. he is almighty is because of his love, his love along can triumph any evil in this world. and therefore, we must have faith in him, and to love as he loves us

sure, IF he can destroy evil, then by all means, he must destroy Good as well, for good cannot exist by its own.

and God loves us too much to have evil destroyed

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 09-16-2001).]
Old 09-16-2001, 09:22 AM   #66
Dramnek_Ulk

The whole point is that evil does not need to exist, if an all good all powerful god existed it would not allow it. And if god loves us so much
WHY does he allow pain and misery and evil? surely if he wanted us to appreiciate goodness why couldn't he just show us a diffrent way how bad it would be without him like dreams or something.

[This message has been edited by Dramnek_Ulk (edited 09-16-2001).]

Old 09-16-2001, 09:25 AM   #67
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
The whole point is that evil does not need to exist, if an all good all powerful god existed it would not allow it.
can we understand light if there is no darkness? can we appreciate light if there is no darkness? can we understand good if there is no evil? can we appreciate good if there is no evil?

good loses it value if evil does not exist

what are good virtues?

love, caring, compassion

imagine a world that people possess them but do not understand/appreciate those values, it will die out on its own, or it can never exist

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 09-16-2001).]
Old 09-16-2001, 09:27 AM   #68
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:

surely if he wanted us to appreiciate goodness why couldn't he just show us a diffrent way how bad it would be without him like dreams or something.

well, all I can say is
he already showed many of us, those who turned away from him, the life without his love

is that what you meant?
Old 09-16-2001, 09:44 AM   #69
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
The whole point is that evil does not need to exist, if an all good all powerful god existed it would not allow it. And if god loves us so much
WHY does he allow pain and misery and evil? surely if he wanted us to appreiciate goodness why couldn't he just show us a diffrent way how bad it would be without him like dreams or something.

[This message has been edited by Dramnek_Ulk (edited 09-16-2001).]
Uh... I'm sorry, Dram, but in my church we don't second guess God that way. Thing is, he's so far beyond us that we aren't capable of doing so. And evil has it's place in the scheme of things, I'm just not qualified to explain God's plan, as I'm not sure I understand even a tiny portion of the whole.

Wow, 250, just saw your replies after I made mine. Very nice explanation. Guess I'm typing too early in the morning. Had a small crisis in the wee hours and didn't sleep much after 2am. That'll teach me to have religious discussions on only one cup of tea and a nap!
------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 09-16-2001).]
Old 09-16-2001, 09:47 AM   #70
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Uh... I'm sorry, Dram, but in my church we don't second guess God that way. Thing is, he's so far beyond us that we aren't capable of doing so. And evil has it's place in the scheme of things, I'm just not qualified to explain God's plan, as I'm not sure I understand even a tiny portion of the whole.

there is nothing wrong with admiting ignorance, but by doing so, we are not solving the problem.

I am sure you know a lot more than he and I do, so shed light!