Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2001, 07:18 PM   #191
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:
Welp, before I get started, I would like to hook up to cable or DSL first. If not, we can see how modems go. I will have to get back to you though. It's almost time for me to crash. I'm about gone for the eve so I will wish you a pleasant evening and an awesome week. Sleep well and God bless.

OK, good night Tobbin, have a good evening and Monday. Just let me know when you want to try it, no hurries no worries Later Friend!

------------------
Old 09-16-2001, 07:21 PM   #192
KHaN
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by regnirbduolC:
Please my subjects! No more petty back biting!
Cloudy! I am ashamed of you! You know better than to bait KHaN into a war of words with you, you'll lose!

KHan, Please, you are a stranger in this land! Take these people not for what they portray themselves to be here in mere words. They are a sad sorry lot and must be watched around the clock!

If you only knew the amount of stress these children cause the rest of the world!!!!!!!!!

I hereby resign myself from my position as their queen, their mentor and guide.
Training the untrainable is as you all have seen through yourselves, is an impossible task!

Frustrated, Tired, I need my whipping boy!
efarthcaN! Come Here!

I see that ummm...regnirbduolC...it is indeed a strange land...full of shallows and implied hostile waters. Think I will "dock" my boat so I can make haste to umm...somewhere else. LOL

------------------

"Heads are gonna roll..."

[This message has been edited by KHaN (edited 09-16-2001).]
Old 09-16-2001, 07:39 PM   #193
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

well well well, this thread has really taken off hasnt it? At least I now know why when you go to court your on the "docket".
Old 09-16-2001, 08:13 PM   #194
lohoclAfOdroL

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
well well well, this thread has really taken off hasnt it? At least I now know why when you go to court your on the "docket".
We all know that we've been jailed enough for public intoxication, LoA! No need to admit it so publicly!
Did you know they have three full files in our name(s) alone?
Just for the month of August?!

------------------
Promise you won't roll me while I'm passed out on your lawn?

Old 09-16-2001, 08:14 PM   #195
Ladyzekke

Quote:
LOL! Yeah, maybe THAT is where that word comes from!? Didn't know, of course, I have never been a prisoner before either, so don't know anything about being "docked" in that manner. But working with lawyers, I do recognize the word "docket" just never really looked it up before to see it's meaning.

Anyways, Whassup LofA? Doing OK? Weather cooled off nicely this weekend our way, what about yours?

------------------
Old 09-16-2001, 08:22 PM   #196
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

It may be all well and fine for some people to expose themselves to hypocrisy within the walls of a church but some people (like myself), prefer to take a more honest approach to our christianity, our lives, and with what we do and surround ourselves with.
It is this approach to life that makes it so hard to find a truly good place of worship and it has plenty of people, true christian people, convinced that to do what they can when and where they can as opposed to making that public appearance every Sunday is well worth not attaching ourselves to the idea of being known as faithful for our appearance in church, but letting our faith be known to any and to all, anywhere and at any time.

To see christainity taken advantage of for the sake of a showing of self-glorification through the type of people who will attend church knowing they surround themselves with hypocrites but actively avoiding those people in that social surrounding is exactly why I remain a christian of courageous conviction who prefers to worship outside those walls of hypocrisy.

To say that those false christians who do attend church should be docked makes the people who really believe that no better than the people they would like to see docked...christianity is not about reducing the number of people you allow to worship with you but to uplift your fellow man in an example that might instill within them, the desire to be a better christian.

Not going to church does not make any christian any less of a christian than churchgoers nor does it make them any less a christian in God's eyes.
It is what we do from our hearts, not what we do for "show" that God sees.

Moni, this is not a fair characterization of what Cloudbringer said.

You are correct that one can be an exemplary Christian without ever going to Church.

One can also be an exemplary Christian who goes to Church.

There are many reasons other than hypocisy and the desire to "show off" to join together with other people for organized religious rituals. Spiritual strentgh, energy, whatever you want to call it, can be magnified by participation in a ritual with others. The energies build on one another, so that the whole is greater than merely the sum of the parts.

Cloudy's brand of Christianity is every bit as valid as yours. Different paths do not mean one is better than the other: just that they are different.

Old 09-16-2001, 08:23 PM   #197
ekkezydaL

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
LOL! Yeah, maybe THAT is where that word comes from!? Didn't know, of course, I have never been a prisoner before either, so don't know anything about being "docked" in that manner. But working with lawyers, I do recognize the word "docket" just never really looked it up before to see it's meaning.

Anyways, Whassup LofA? Doing OK? Weather cooled off nicely this weekend our way, what about yours?

I think it might be a good idea to invest in a dictionary.
Well crap! Ya gotta know how to read!
"Working on" and "working with" lawyers are two different things and you know that, otherwise we'd be paying taxes on all this ; ) blow money.

------------------
I'm just a poor farm girl but I make GOOD money if you know what I mean!

Old 09-16-2001, 08:29 PM   #198
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by lohoclAfOdroL:
We all know that we've been jailed enough for public intoxication, LoA! No need to admit it so publicly!
Did you know they have three full files in our name(s) alone?
Just for the month of August?!

Yep I've been jailed for that very offense. Last time was in the first season of the Carolina Panthers(American football team for non-US people) for illegal possession of alcohol for having mini-bottles of Jim Beam. Time before that was Disorderly Conduct and Intoxocation in Cleveland (yes football game once again). Any more questions?
Old 09-16-2001, 08:39 PM   #199
lohoclAfOdroL

Quote:
Yep I've been jailed for that very offense. Last time was in the first season of the Carolina Panthers(American football team for non-US people) for illegal possession of alcohol for having mini-bottles of Jim Beam. Time before that was Disorderly Conduct and Intoxocation in Cleveland (yes football game once again). Any more questions?
Neh. The ones I asked weren't answered.
Sober up and come back later.

------------------
Promise you won't roll me while I'm passed out on your lawn?

[This message has been edited by lohoclAfOdroL (edited 09-16-2001).]

Old 09-16-2001, 08:41 PM   #200
Ladyzekke

The HATE on this thread is astounding and sickening. Personally, I'm not going to stoop to such low levels. Bye!

LofA, see you on some other thread OK?

------------------