Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2004, 06:32 PM   #1
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Mad

That iron crisis sure is a pain! My maces have been snapping all over in my new game (see powerhouse C/R for that). There were 3 painful incidents of this until I got PO'd and picked up Ashideena.

1. Carbos. Yep, lil' ol' Carbos. Luckily I killed him with the blow, so I didn't have to run away (gasp! from carbos?).

2. Mulahey. With almost all of his minions still alive, I broke my mace over Mulahey's fat head. Fortunately, I was able to snatch up his morningstar (though I wasn't proficient with it) and finish the battle.

3. Drizzt's gnolls. I decided to help the poor, defenseless drow by mashing up the gnolls for him. Unfortunately, my third mace popped on one of them. I was waylaid TWICE on the journey to Beregost to get another, and I resorted to rightous smacking to allow Imoen to finish them off with her Varscona.

Any of you out there have a misadventure with a snappy weapon?
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 11:23 AM   #2
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

My morning star breaking on greywolfs head, first round...That cost me my life [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2004, 12:19 PM   #3
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

*refrains from asking why the hezzell Imoen has Varscona*

The thing is, I never notice my weapon is broken until the NEXT battle...so, it's hard to say how many broken weapons have spelled out my demise...but I powergame a bit, and almost always have at least +1 weapons for my main warrior by the time I reach Nashkell...

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 08:49 AM   #4
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

+1 wepons by nashkell? I've never found anything like that [img]tongue.gif[/img] but i've never fineshed bg1 either, so...
Old 12-15-2004, 10:37 AM   #5
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Minsc used to use at least one, sometimes two 2-handed swords every day. It was wery painful until I learned to stock a few extras.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:13 AM   #6
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

I had given Imoen her 1st profieciency point in large swords, so I felt like having her use the Varscona. EDIT: This was a duo game, so I had no one better to give a nic sword to.

You'd think that a 2-hander would last longer than a lump of iron on a stick [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 12-15-2004, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Marty4 ]
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 12:04 PM   #7
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

lmao, "Lump of iron on a stick" Nice phrasing, and it WOULD make sence [img]tongue.gif[/img]