Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2002, 08:34 PM   #21
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

It's not angre. Your confusing things. We're not angry over something that happened so long ago, nor do we blame the present day Dutch people. But as i stated something keeps sticking in the back of the collective heads of a nation. You may think it's silly, and it is. But your reaction to my post also tells something. You 'expect' something like that from a Belgian just as i 'expect' a Dutch person to say some deragatory remarks over our national team. I posted a thread when we beat the Check republick to get our spot in the final round, guess what. Most of the Dutch people on that thread posted how awfull we played, that we played anti-soccer. When the only thing that we did was defend a 1 goal lead. It got us our spot in the final round.
Old 05-29-2002, 08:42 PM   #22
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
It's not angre. Your confusing things. We're not angry over something that happened so long ago, nor do we blame the present day Dutch people. But as i stated something keeps sticking in the back of the collective heads of a nation. You may think it's silly, and it is. But your reaction to my post also tells something. You 'expect' something like that from a Belgian just as i 'expect' a Dutch person to say some deragatory remarks over our national team. I posted a thread when we beat the Check republick to get our spot in the final round, guess what. Most of the Dutch people on that thread posted how awfull we played, that we played anti-soccer. When the only thing that we did was defend a 1 goal lead. It got us our spot in the final round.
then you should also know that i wasn't one of those people, i happen to like belgium and everything in it, except i never understood that feeling towards us dutch. Let's forget about, shall we ? Still friends ?
Old 05-29-2002, 08:48 PM   #23
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Of course.

My psychologist statement wasn't something deragatory. I truly believe they could benefit from one. The problem, as i see it, with the Dutch team, is that they have to much stars. Individual talent is good but the Dutch team has to much of it. The best team, imo, is a team that has a few star players and some other good players, who aren't stars in their own right.

Ask Legolas what he thinks about it. He's from the Netherlands and i know he feels the same way as i do. I had a conversation with him about just that topic.
Old 05-29-2002, 08:57 PM   #24
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
Of course.

My psychologist statement wasn't something deragatory. I truly believe they could benefit from one. The problem, as i see it, with the Dutch team, is that they have to much stars. Individual talent is good but the Dutch team has to much of it. The best team, imo, is a team that has a few star players and some other good players, who aren't stars in their own right.

Ask Legolas what he thinks about it. He's from the Netherlands and i know he feels the same way as i do. I had a conversation with him about just that topic.
it sounds logical what you say, but how about france ? Those guys are all superstars and play for the best teams in europe, but when they join up for the national team it clicks, they're a real team. So if it works for them, why not for us ?
Old 05-29-2002, 09:01 PM   #25
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Because they have an uber-superstar in Zidane.

Why it works for them and not for you. I don't know. The france team had a lot of success in the recent past and that helps too. Remember the old saying, when you win, everything is well. I'm curious what'll happen if they don't have a good championship run this time. Probably not going to happen though but it would be interesting.
Old 05-29-2002, 09:06 PM   #26
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
i guess we'll find out soon enough jr, oh, and btw, zidane is injured and can't play at least two games.
Old 05-29-2002, 09:08 PM   #27
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

I know about Zidane's injurie. It's a damn shame. This guy is a joy to watch. I am looking forward to their match against Senegal though. Mostly the first match from the defending champion turns out to be an upset victory.