Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2003, 04:59 PM   #1
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

If any of you are fans of Sam Raimi's Evil Dead series, you should check out this game. Bruce campbell does the voice of Ash the main character in this game which is basically a third person fighting game along the lines of so many recent games, such as Wolverine's Revenge, The Hulk, The Matrix revisited, etc. . . Basically the plot is much as you'de expect, somone unwittingly releases the deadites so Ash, our hero, gathers boomstick and chainsaw and sets about trying to save the day, leaving one liners and deadite body parts in his wake. I really like how close they stay to the series with this game. Campbell does the voice and his one liners change as you get further into the game. The control isn't the best, but more than good enough to stomp some deadite behind. Ash is able to get his hand on a full arsenal including a grenade type launcher and flame thrower a shovel, and of the course his trusty boomstick and chainsaw. One of the other things I really liked about this game was the price, which was $20.00 US new. If you are a fan of the series, I think it would definitely be worth the $20.00 to pick this one up, and I just wanted to share it with all my friends out there that are fans of the series, or this type of game. Enjoy!!!
Old 07-14-2003, 05:19 PM   #2
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Hail to the King baby!
Old 07-14-2003, 08:00 PM   #3
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Groovy
Old 07-14-2003, 09:11 PM   #4
spydar

"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

my all time favourite.

where might one purchase this?? is it already on the shelves?
Old 07-15-2003, 08:52 AM   #5
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

it's actually been out for about 2 years here in the states, a friend of mine is a huge evil dead fan and got it due to her obsession.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:05 PM   #6
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

he says the funniest stuff in this game, and thats also part of the charm, while he's slicing up deadites, he's just dropping lines like nothing the whole time here are a few I remember:
"We've secretly replaced this deadite's brain with a chainsaw. Shhhh, lets see if he notices." - as he chainsaws down a deadite
"Size doesn't matter, shotguns shells matter." -as he blows a deadtie away
"Boy that one was ripe." - as a shotgun shell explodes a deadite.
"you could use a little bit more iron in your diet" -as he blows a deadite's head off
there are more and better ones I just can't remember them all I just wanted to give you guys/gals a little taste.

[ 07-15-2003, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe ]
Old 07-15-2003, 11:12 PM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Is this game similar to resident evil series?
Old 07-16-2003, 05:30 AM   #8
Sigmar
Unicorn

This game's so bad its funny [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Definately worth a rent, extremely funny stuff! You should only consider getting it if you're a fan of the franchise.

And I reccommend saying "Fist full of boomstick" in a slack jawed yokel voice, I found that to be funny too, exspecially among friends