Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2003, 05:54 PM   #1
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Literally [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] and the anti-smoking crowd is none too happy about it. Check out the story.

Kidman's Puff Has Oz in Huff
Old 05-22-2003, 06:04 PM   #2
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Oh, Gawd, I hope this doesn't turn into the 20-odd pages we had on this before. At least she wasn't hypocritical. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

It's easy to circumvent this causing young girls to smoke. Just explain that Nicole has the money for a few lung transplants, whereas no one else really does.
Old 05-22-2003, 06:31 PM   #3
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Question Mark

Anti-smoking people need to find something better to do than harague celebrities that smoke. I am not for smoking and I do not smoke myself, but its far from my business to judge others that smoke. Its their own business. People are well aware of what serious side effects smoking results in and if they are not, then they must have been living under the earth in complex series of caverns, as a drow elf captive or something for the past 50 years. It is their own adult decision to make to decide whether they want to smoke or not. Last time I checked smoking was still legal. If Nicole Kidman was 16 then that's a different story, but assuming she is a fairly intelligent adult, no one has any right to question her or anyone else on how they live their life. I'm seriously sad to see this story actually made the news. It must be a slow news day. I hope the next time they show her she is blazing the fattest cuban cigar anyone has ever seen.
Old 05-22-2003, 06:42 PM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

This is grave news indeed, we must assemble the Security Counsil immediately to find a solution to this international crisis.
Old 05-22-2003, 07:05 PM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Letter

Hear, hear. I think it's pretty sad that of all the things that she has done, including full frontal nudity, that that's the thing that has her all over the internet, the other side of that is, hey tobacco isn't the only one that got a lot of free press!!! Her name's all over now, and all she had to do was light up. If only I had it so easy.
Old 05-22-2003, 07:08 PM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

so what if she smoke? I don't see why make a big fuss about it. that's her business.
Old 05-22-2003, 07:21 PM   #7
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I thought we had a "homeland security" dept. for things like this now? Where is my tax money going anyway, if I cant rely on someone to stop this awfull person from ruining the virtues of america?!!

Ok, obviously just kidding. This is crazy. The notion that someone famous has to live a life up to someone elses standards or morals is rediculous. They are not responsable for others actions at all. If your child runs out and lights up a smoke becouse they saw Kidman smoking, means you have some parenting to work on. Maybe if the T.V. wasnt considered a babysitter, and parents spent more quality time teaching the values they want their children to have to them people would truly be free to be themselves. This is what I am afraid of most. The "hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil" syndom is just not reality, and our children will grow up completly unprepared for the real world if they are sheltered from it.
Old 05-22-2003, 07:32 PM   #8
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

I bet there wouldn't have been as much of an uproar if Kidman had fired up a joint.
Old 05-22-2003, 07:55 PM   #9
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Dont people have something better to talk about?
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 05-22-2003, 09:47 PM   #10
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
Literally [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] and the anti-smoking crowd is none too happy about it. Check out the story.

Kidman's Puff Has Oz in Huff
Since when did becomming a celebrity confer special responsibilities? and since when have they (celebrities) been moral or ethical role models?