Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2002, 08:24 PM   #41
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Maybe we should look out for a Welcomed New User named Triamat!
Old 05-15-2002, 08:33 PM   #42
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I understand why Tiamat was banned. I was therer when he posted that thing about Sephy and Lioness, and when he spammed in the thread Ziroc made about there being too much spam. You did the right thing Z, thanks for looking out for us!
Old 05-15-2002, 08:40 PM   #43
The.Relic
Red Dragon

I also feel compelled to add something else regarding Ziroc. I realize that some people get annoyed when some of us ole timers comment about being 'blue boarders', but this is an instance where being a blue boarder comes in handy. We have over 7800 members now, some of us can remember when there were barely 200. This is important in that some of us have really had the 'time' and the chance to understand and know how Ziroc manages and performs as a webmaster and moderator. We may not know him personally, but we know him as a webmaster and we have a history with him, knowing that he is the fairest, most patient and understanding moderator of any board we are/ have been members of. But we also respect Z because being a truly good webmaster, he has limits for the protection of us all, and as patient and understanding as he is, when inviolable lines are crossed, if a person does not change accordingly after numerous warnings and chances, Z will act decisively. This hasn't happened many times, but those of us with a history with Z are glad that he has taken the stands when he needed to do so. As I stated, we don't know everything that has led up to Z's decision, but I know him well enough to know that if he feels this is the best decision, I trust him. .
Sermon over. .
Where's Cloudysweethuggems. . Gimmee one Stormsparkle. .

[ 05-15-2002, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: The.Relic ]
Old 05-15-2002, 09:07 PM   #44
Sir Michael
Manshoon

I stand duly chastened...I do have issues with authority and people telling me what to do, but I also recognize that it is your board, after all...
\"You see things; and you say \'Why?\' But I dream things that never were; and I say \'Why not?\'\"<br />-George Bernard Shaw<br /><br />\"Men take only their needs into consideration never their abilities.\"<br />-Napoleon Bonaparte
Old 05-15-2002, 09:09 PM   #45
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by The.Relic:
I also feel compelled to add something else regarding Ziroc. I realize that some people get annoyed when some of us ole timers comment about being 'blue boarders', but this is an instance where being a blue boarder comes in handy. We have over 7800 members now, some of us can remember when there were barely 200. This is important in that some of us have really had the 'time' and the chance to understand and know how Ziroc manages and performs as a webmaster and moderator. We may not know him personally, but we know him as a webmaster and we have a history with him, knowing that he is the fairest, most patient and understanding moderator of any board we are/ have been members of. But we also respect Z because being a truly good webmaster, he has limits for the protection of us all, and as patient and understanding as he is, when inviolable lines are crossed, if a person does not change accordingly after numerous warnings and chances, Z will act decisively. This hasn't happened many times, but those of us with a history with Z are glad that he has taken the stands when he needed to do so. As I stated, we don't know everything that has led up to Z's decision, but I know him well enough to know that if he feels this is the best decision, I trust him. .
Sermon over. .
Where's Cloudysweethuggems. . Gimmee one Stormsparkle. .
Relic, this was very nicely stated. I agree...... *hug* and [img]graemlins/kissy2.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2002, 09:17 PM   #46
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Michael:
I disagree, Lord Shield, I saw nothing of what you suggest in his post..interesting how different people can read the same thing an have toally different interpretations. The way I read it was..."I'm not going to make a new account that disses Ziroc or IW, nor am I going to create a virus. Even Evil (meaning Tiamat -- that's what he always called himself, the King of Evil) knows where to draw the line, that is, he is saying he knows the limits of antisocial behavior and he won't cross the line because he doesn't think it's right. It isn't stated very clearly, but having read enough of his posts, I think I can interpret "Tiamatese" pretty well.

I stand by my assertion that you are all paranoid...and, perhaps that your reading comprehension skills are not top-notch, either.
I have to agree with micheal on this one, I have never really spoken with Tiamat and dont know what everyone seems to have against the guy or even why he got banned, but that e-mail look more like an appology than a threat, from what people have said about him he seems like the sort of person who would be embarrassed coming out with a straight appology, and it looks like he was just trying to express him self the best way he could a little humour/immaturity, as cloaked as it is i really think this was his attempt at an appology.

But then again at the end of the day its not me who has to run this forum and keep it safe from would be do-badders so its Zirocs call, I just that i would express my opinion on the matter.
Old 05-15-2002, 09:18 PM   #47
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Oh garsh Cloudysweetums! [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] and back at ya!
Old 05-15-2002, 09:37 PM   #48
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Actually I should have read the whole topic before my previous thread, now I have read all the posts am inclined to agree that he sounds a bit of an idiot and agree with him being banned, I don't know the history but it sounds as if he has had chance after chance and refused to amend his ways. My opinion on the e-mail stays the same though, it sounded sincere enough to me.

[ 05-15-2002, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Daniel ]
Old 05-15-2002, 09:42 PM   #49
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

Well, as a new guy here, I can't say much... My feeling though, is that this is Ziroc's house and he can ask anyone to leave anytime he wants.
I am also impressed with the loyalty and honest affection people here show to one another. I wish I could have been here from the early days. Hopefully I'll get to make friendships with some of you guys (and girls).
Old 05-15-2002, 10:01 PM   #50
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnabas:
Well, as a new guy here, I can't say much... My feeling though, is that this is Ziroc's house and he can ask anyone to leave anytime he wants.
I am also impressed with the loyalty and honest affection people here show to one another. I wish I could have been here from the early days. Hopefully I'll get to make friendships with some of you guys (and girls).
I'm glad you think so Arnabas, I'm a loyal erratic drunk. Nice to meet you! Oh and Tiamat was a twit, bye bye to him. I have cut off his beer ration