Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2002, 06:18 PM   #11
Sir Michael
Manshoon

I LIKED Tiamat, even if he was a little immature. I'm sorry to see him get banned. And besides, didn't he say in his letter that he WASN't going to use a virus or anything? You guys are paranoid.
\"You see things; and you say \'Why?\' But I dream things that never were; and I say \'Why not?\'\"<br />-George Bernard Shaw<br /><br />\"Men take only their needs into consideration never their abilities.\"<br />-Napoleon Bonaparte
Old 05-15-2002, 06:22 PM   #12
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Michael:
I LIKED Tiamat, even if he was a little immature. I'm sorry to see him get banned. And besides, didn't he say in his letter that he WASN't going to use a virus or anything? You guys are paranoid.
DUH!!!

he said he wasn't going to do something as SIMPLE as an offending name. He suggested the virus as an alternative

and "knowing where to draw the line" is a threat

Old 05-15-2002, 06:39 PM   #13
Sir Michael
Manshoon

I disagree, Lord Shield, I saw nothing of what you suggest in his post..interesting how different people can read the same thing an have toally different interpretations. The way I read it was..."I'm not going to make a new account that disses Ziroc or IW, nor am I going to create a virus. Even Evil (meaning Tiamat -- that's what he always called himself, the King of Evil) knows where to draw the line, that is, he is saying he knows the limits of antisocial behavior and he won't cross the line because he doesn't think it's right. It isn't stated very clearly, but having read enough of his posts, I think I can interpret "Tiamatese" pretty well.

I stand by my assertion that you are all paranoid...and, perhaps that your reading comprehension skills are not top-notch, either.
\"You see things; and you say \'Why?\' But I dream things that never were; and I say \'Why not?\'\"<br />-George Bernard Shaw<br /><br />\"Men take only their needs into consideration never their abilities.\"<br />-Napoleon Bonaparte
Old 05-15-2002, 06:39 PM   #14
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

If you read it carefully he says he will NOT do any of that stuff (but his language is akward, thus leading, perhaps, to misinterpretation). He says even evil ones (i.e. himself) know where to draw the line. That's what I get out of it.
Old 05-15-2002, 06:43 PM   #15
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:

I stand by my assertion that you are all paranoid...and, perhaps that your reading comprehension skills are not top-notch, either.
Or perhaps there's the fact that Tiamat is so incomprehensible in his ramblings that whenever he writes something "normal" we are sure that it must mean something else? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2002, 06:44 PM   #16
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

bah he's just letting off some steam, face it, last time I got banned from a forum that i'd posted at about 3000 times I got so mad that I made similar threats to one of the mods, i could have wormed the place up good too, But I didn't because I didn't want to ruin the fun everyone else was having... the fact that he openly uses the word "Virus" just shows that he's all talk and no action. the kid was into Yugi-oh and pokemon, it was obviouse that he was just some little 13 or 14 year olf kid who didn't know how to conduct himself properly, there seem to be alot of those these days, let the weak die so the strong may live on, but know that the weak cannot just come back from the dead and slaughter you, besides, if anything happens to this place, I will personally ruin this kid's life... [img]smile.gif[/img] and that's not just talk... IW is a cheritable organization, and should damage come to it, the law of the land dictates that he can be arrested even at his young age and scentences to a 7 year (count em, 7) restriction from the ability to touch a touch-tone phone OR use a modem [img]smile.gif[/img] and since i got his IP adress... well... it's just a matter of time... OH and tiamat, nice bluff, but if you actually aren't bluffing, which I highly doubt, then i'm sure we'd all love to see what you can do [img]smile.gif[/img] because i'm sure it wouldn't be much... heh... don't fret Z... i'm sure he's got his face pressed into a pillow and he's crying his eyes out right now and that's all, he makes threats yeah, because anger is one of the stages of death, then comes depression, anxiety, he might try to bargain with you, LOL as if he could get anything after the threats he made, and then finally he'll just accept his loss and move on to some... Gundam Wing forum of some kind...

[img]smile.gif[/img] I was like him, though i'm not proud to admit it, when I was very, very, very young... we're talkin like 5 years ago... heh... ^_^; From what i've seen of him though, he's just all talk so don't worry, but then again, he could be hiding something, but even if he was, how the hell would he know how to use it properly? My recomendation is a full IP ban on his adress, unless you want to let him create another account and spam hate mail while still in the anger stage *shrugs*

ah but what do i know...
Old 05-15-2002, 06:45 PM   #17
Lord Shield

Quote:
I disagree, Lord Shield, I saw nothing of what you suggest in his post..interesting how different people can read the same thing an have toally different interpretations. The way I read it was..."I'm not going to make a new account that disses Ziroc or IW, nor am I going to create a virus. Even Evil (meaning Tiamat -- that's what he always called himself, the King of Evil) knows where to draw the line, that is, he is saying he knows the limits of antisocial behavior and he won't cross the line because he doesn't think it's right. It isn't stated very clearly, but having read enough of his posts, I think I can interpret "Tiamatese" pretty well.

How silly of me, o wise one. You must be right and we're all paranoid. Of course, saying that makes you paranoid too

If you had read our posts you would find we're NOT paranoid because we don't think he's even CAPABLE of causing any harm to IW

Old 05-15-2002, 06:49 PM   #18
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
No, I am not paranoid, I am trying to PROTECT everyone from this type of crap, can't you see that?

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 05-15-2002, 06:57 PM   #19
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:

Let me get this straight. You are calling my comprehension skills low? AND others? Please let me know. I know how these types of people work. I've seen them come and go. you have NO idea what his past is like, and his previous acts. So unless you know what you are talking about............

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 05-15-2002, 06:58 PM   #20
Sir Michael
Manshoon

From Z:

Quote:
No, I am not paranoid, I am trying to PROTECT everyone from this type of crap, can't you see that?
Like I said above, I think his letter was more one that just wondered why you banned him, and assured you that he WASN'T going to do any of that stuff, rather than containing any implicit threats. It's fine and dandy if you want to protect the board in general, but I really don't see a threat from Tiamat in particular.

BTW...I sense A LOT of hostility toward Tiamat here. Why? Is it really worth getting all emotional over what is really a very minor part of our lives? We wouldn't die without IW, you know. It is just a fun way to socialize with people around the world--for better or worse, just words on a computer screen--nothing more, nothing less.