Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2001, 10:27 AM   #11
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Be true to yourself and her, I have seen to many people Lie
about thing's that they have done only to have the truth come
out later. There is nothing worse then being in a relationship and
finding out that most the info she/he gave you was a big fat LIE.
So to drum an old tune "Be yourself" you will be glad that you
did.
My wife and I have been married/ together for eight year's and she
alway's know's when I'm fudging the truth a little and vise versa,
because we've been honest with eachother from the get go. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
So good luck to ya, and happy chase.
Old 11-29-2001, 10:51 AM   #12
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
[QB]I mean what is a date else than a job interview that lasts all night (okey it's not a big chance everyone will end up naked at the end of a job interview but other than that.... [img]smile.gif[/img] )
QB]

LOL!
Been watchin Seinfeld, aye
Don't follow any of his advice [img]smile.gif[/img]

My advice is: Try to over-whelm her!
Pick her up in a limo, have 50 roses waitng for her at the place you're gonna be ( a resturant for example), wear a really falshy jacket, an so on!
If you do this, she will have so many impressions that she just have to see you again!
And that is always good
The only risk witht his one, is that she might get disappointed if you don't do something like that again.
But on the second date I suggest you try something romantic..
Like renting a boat (size doesn't matter [img]smile.gif[/img] ) and going for a little romantic ride + dinner at the boat.

And trust me, this works, I've tried it myself
Old 11-29-2001, 11:30 AM   #13
Epona
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Sir ReGiN:

My advice is: Try to over-whelm her!
Pick her up in a limo, have 50 roses waitng for her at the place you're gonna be ( a resturant for example), wear a really falshy jacket, an so on!

Well I can guarantee that if any bloke did this to me, there would be no 'nekked' EVER, let alone at the end of the evening.
I hate this stuff. I'm not interested in your wallet, a limo, roses, flashy clothes, these things mean nothing. It would make me feel really uncomfortable actually, and I would think that the man in question was trying too hard to impress and it just would strike me as being false.
Good film and a veg curry would go down much better.
Old 11-29-2001, 11:33 AM   #14
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Epona:

Well I can guarantee that if any bloke did this to me, there would be no 'nekked' EVER, let alone at the end of the evening.
I hate this stuff. I'm not interested in your wallet, a limo, roses, flashy clothes, these things mean nothing. It would make me feel really uncomfortable actually, and I would think that the man in question was trying too hard to impress and it just would strike me as being false.

Hear, hear!!
Why is it that men seem to think they know these things better than females?? [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img] I think there wouldn't be a single woman impressed by that sort of bragging unless she was only after your money [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Really, just don't make such a big deal out of it, I think that in itself is off-putting already. Just be confident and friendly and be yourself!
Old 11-29-2001, 11:45 AM   #15
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Epona:

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

Hear, hear!!
Why is it that men seem to think they know these things better than females?? [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img] I think there wouldn't be a single woman impressed by that sort of bragging unless she was only after your money [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Really, just don't make such a big deal out of it, I think that in itself is off-putting already. Just be confident and friendly and be yourself!

Lol..
Guess you both got me there..
To be honest..it actually just worked once, and the other time I tried it, she reacted the same way you did [img]smile.gif[/img]
I just thought he might try it..
Old 11-29-2001, 11:49 AM   #16
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Another woman who just MUST chime in here....

Jorath, smack these guys and listen to the ladies here...

A woman worth being with isn't impressed by flashy cars and roses. We are impressed by honesty. (although a little romance doesn't hurt ). I would rather go for dinner and a walk in a park or along the beach than the 'limo and roses' thing.

If you were to be so flashy - 1. she'll think you 'expect' something in return (which is abominable) and 2. (if she IS impressed by it) she'll expect that all the time (which will ensure you will always be broke).

And Leo - I'm sorry for you, hon. Apparently, you just haven't found the 'right' girl, then, if you feel you can't be who you are....*hugs*

Final warning: No woman likes to be lied to. How would you like to date someone only to find out she'd lied to you about herself? Think about it....
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 11-29-2001, 11:56 AM   #17
Sorcerer Alex

Concentrate on having a good time, rather than impressing her. Make sure you're going to be doing something you and her both like, because you'll find that if you're enjoying yourself, she probably will be too. Don't put on an act, it's pointless, trust me, I've tried it and it doesn't work. Be sweet, considerate, and make sure you both have a laugh together, because it's important that she feels comfortable with you. And put the nekkidness out of your head, it'll only distract you on the night

Old 11-29-2001, 11:57 AM   #18
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
Concentrate on having a good time, rather than impressing her. Make sure you're going to be doing something you and her both like, because you'll find that if you're enjoying yourself, she probably will be too. Don't put on an act, it's pointless, trust me, I've tried it and it doesn't work. Be sweet, considerate, and make sure you both have a laugh together, because it's important that she feels comfortable with you. And put the nekkidness out of your head, it'll only distract you on the night

I knew there was a reason I liked you!
*HUGS*
Finally, a young man with some sense! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 11-29-2001, 11:59 AM   #19
Epona
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Sir ReGiN:

Lol..
Guess you both got me there..
To be honest..it actually just worked once, and the other time I tried it, she reacted the same way you did [img]smile.gif[/img]
I just thought he might try it..

Teehee, I knew it, you faker you!! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Melusine and DragonMage made some great points. Now if I was taken out for a movie and a veg curry, a single red rose as a romantic gesture might go down OK, as long as there was no cheesy presentation
Old 11-29-2001, 12:13 PM   #20
Sorcerer Alex

quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:

I knew there was a reason I liked you!
*HUGS*
Finally, a young man with some sense! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Thank you for your kind words. It's nice to be appreciated