Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2001, 09:35 PM   #11
andora20
Manshoon

Hey Lav, is he Irish? does he have an address in Ireland?, maybe I could make a few calls here and keep an eye out for her if she does decide to come over.............
Old 11-27-2001, 01:10 AM   #12
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

If you can get him into a mirc instead of msn/icq you could probably do it, but I can't think of any way that you could get an ip through msn. Even if you had an IP, I don't know how much info the ISP would give you.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 11-27-2001, 01:38 AM   #13
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

yes, IRC is good... intsant IP! but then, methinks he doesn't hang out there, and when asked to go there, might suspect. so, i go with larry... go to the FBI dude [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2001, 02:06 AM   #14
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
I don't think that wud be possible to get him to post on here. Me and my friend are both really worried about this.

is there any way to trace IP's via MSN/ICQ (or any other chat programs??)

Also, Is it possible once you have the IP addy to trace an adress. I do belive Ziroc has this power.

Could someone direct Ziroc to this thread?

Does this bad person visit this forum? if SO, then I can help, if not, I won't have any info to work with . BTW, if this friend of yours is underage, you need to contact the FBI's Computer Crimes division in your area and they can help (Or if it's out of the USA, your local police).

Lemme know,

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 11-27-2001, 02:09 AM   #15
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
I think the problem with the idea of gettin in the FBI is that her parents may not be so keen! The girl is presumably getting the mails on the home pc, and if she is not willing to let her parents know, how can the FBI check it out? They have to have permission don't they?

Unless Lavindathar can get this guys e-mail address from his friend and pass it on to the FBI, I doubt they will be able to interfere. But I know nothing of US law on this......

Trust me, this is probably some 40+ year old cyber pedophile hunting for kids. The FBI MUST be told, or something could happen.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 11-27-2001, 04:30 AM   #16
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

There is a division of the FBI that monitors the Internet and looks for dangerous stuff.
You can contact your local FBI agents who would be able to hire an agent to do all this investigation for you.
This FBI division prays every day that people like you will give them leads to dangerous criminals or people that want to harm others. This guy sounds bad to me as well, and I hope that you will be the cause of his downfall. Please...if not your friend...another girl will be harmed. Think about it.

Lavindathar lives in the North of England so I doubt the FBI will help him. Also, this girl is 16 so legally she isn't underage.

I agree that this is a serious situation. If she insists on meeting him try to get her to agree for the meeting to be in a public place and for one or two of her friends to be there.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-27-2001, 07:26 AM   #17
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

\Lavindathar and Donut--

I know British law is different in regard to minors than the US, but a 16 yr old has not reached their majority with regards to vote, etc., right? Doesn't GB have laws to protect young folk similar to the US? I mean, this guys sounds (understatement time) creepy. What concern is it of his her virginity unless he is, of course, one of these kooks who's 'into' using, abusing and then losing innocent girls/boys.

What would be the equiv to the FBI? Scotland Yard? I should think the local constabulary would be interested/alarmed enough to contact someone who would help.....regardless of the parents. Seems to me that if this turns out to be as horrendous as it sound it may well could, the parents would forever regret *not* taking action!

I monitor what my children do on the computer very carefully. Heck, I monitor my *own* contacts and break off correspondence if it doesn't 'feel' right. Perhaps this girl needs a little of intervention herself if there is such a pull to the internet that the situation has arisen.

Oh, and another point, if the girl lives under her parents' roof, IMO, then not only should she be obligated to follow certain guidelines, but *their* responsibility is to her welfare as well (she is still a child--close to an adult, but not quite there, regardless *how* grown up she is or thinks she is!). Ergo, who gives a rat's ass if it's a 'sensitive' subject if quite possiblity her safety is at risk!!!

People! Sometimes I wonder what the hell society has come to when we allow our children to do whatever they wish because we're too afraid to alienate then by acting like parents!!!!!!!!!!

momentarily stepping off the soapbox, looking sheepishly to see if anyone noticed..........back to the treeline
Old 11-27-2001, 07:38 AM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Garnet, that is a very good post! And you are right, if the girl's safety is in question, it is the duty of a good friend to warn parents/authorities! How would any of us feel if a friend was hurt or worse because we didn't want to discuss a potentially dangerous situation?

Definitely, Lav, talk with your friend, the authorities,her parents. Anyone who will listen and help. If she decides to meet this guy, be sure you know WHERE and WHEN and try to make it as public a mtg as possible.

Cloudy
Old 11-27-2001, 07:39 AM   #19
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

I agree that this is a serious situation. If she insists on meeting him try to get her to agree for the meeting to be in a public place and for one or two of her friends to be there.

Good point from Donut, my only suggestion is both evil, immoral and insensitive, but I'll post it anyway, because that's how I am as well....

Get someone to sign up on MSN, have them contact her and pretend to be this guy's brother or friend or something and tell her that he's a psycho who abuses the girls he meets and that she should stay away from him, it's kinda evil and shouldn't be done unless you're 100% sure that he really IS up to no good.....
Old 11-27-2001, 07:58 AM   #20
Donut
Jack Burton

Garnet FD, this has been complicated because the age of consent in the UK is 16. I can't comment on the 'while you're living under my roof' angle. There are agencies to protect children from this and there is a 5 year sentence for anyone found guilty. But this girl is acting of her own free will - however stupid this is. The police couldn't act on another person's complaint. It would have to come from her.

Asking about her virginity and god knows what else is a classic case of 'grooming'. This was a major storyline in one of Britains biggest soap operas (Coronation Street) just recently.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show