Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2003, 06:46 AM   #11
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Actually I hadn't heard anything about a new Marvel Superheros game. I just bought Mutants and Masterminds (d20) a few months ago. It seems to be pretty good. I haven't run it yet though. Too much work to do on the house during the summer. You know, remodel the bathroom, landscaping and fixing the stuff outside that was damaged during the winter...etc...
Old 07-17-2003, 08:15 AM   #12
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I also saw an expansion for Big eyes and Small mouthes that makes room for superhero-like combat, it gave an example of the power rangers in the megazord going up against gigantor [img]tongue.gif[/img] absolutley hillariouse stuff...
Old 07-17-2003, 07:16 PM   #13
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
I think Stan Lee was the best thing to ever happen to them actually.
He's the one that introduced the more radical heroes and stories that I was speaking of (X-Men, Hulk, etc.). So yes, he was the one that brought them out of the cellar and (some may disagree) the top of the heap.

As far as superhero games, I actually liked the HERO system (Champions), with Marvel coming in second (I loved the martial arts system in Champions, and if you have never seen the Ultimate Powers Book for the old Marvel then it is a great expansion to the available powers/character types).

I think I'm going to poke around the web a bit, see what I can turn up on the new Marvel game (when it came out, etc.).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 07-17-2003, 08:43 PM   #14
Nerull
Lord Ao

Okay, after a little poking around, I found the following things:

• Official Website: Self-explanatory.
  • RPGNet's review: Very detailed explanation of the system, and gives mixed reviews (though he admits to not playtesting it that much).
  • Another review: This is a more gamer-oriented review, and though it give less details about how things work it does give a more positive review than RPGNet.
Also, the game just came out this year, and as far as I know without much fanfare, thus a good reason why people may not have heard of it.

I might just invest in it (the X-Men expansion is already out).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 07-17-2003, 10:42 PM   #15
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

I love your sig Spirit Warrior. Daredevil meets the Princess Bride.