Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2001, 09:33 AM   #1
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Did you trick a friend..or get so much-deserved revenge on a rival? What was your shining moment of sneakiness?

Mine occurred my second year out of high school. I was attending a local vocational college and had to take science classes under an instructor that I quickly came to despise. She was extremely subjective in her grading and had even stated that "no boy would ever make an A in her class". She was right, I didn't.

But I did get my revenge. I had just met a guy who would become my college roommate when we transferred to a 4-year school and he was suffering the same experience in the same class. After the semester was over and we didn't have her as an instructor, we started plotting our revenge.
My friend had a fake, rubber hand that he kept in his car. We applied some "Vampire Blood" to it, wrapped it in a brown paper towel (which made the hand look grayish), and then put it in her desk.
Unfortunately, her assistant found it instead of her...but we were told that there was some screaming involved when the hand was found.
"Oh Well", I said "It's the thought that counts."
Old 11-17-2001, 11:01 AM   #2
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Hmmm, my best was also my worst. And I definately learned that we need to excercise caution and judgement when egaging in practical jokes.
Two decades ago a co-worker and I, heh, it was John that I mentioned in the "Good Deeds", thread got started with the "Who was going to out-do who", with practical jokes.
We were still working in the same store and at lunch time we would all go into the stock room and play nerf basketball. The stock room was always jammed with incoming frieght so you really had to dodge around things and be careful. One day while we were playing I jumped up for a shot over John, tripped over some boxes and plowed into the shelves. I turned around and to everyones horror the handle of a steel dustpan was buried in the center of my chest. I clutched at it with both hands as crimson spurts gushed out to the rhythm of my heartbeat. I stood there for a moment before collapsing on my face in a blood red pool that kept expanding on the floor.
I'll never forget the looks on their faces. Utter shock and disbelief, then horror at what they were seeing. The shock was so intense that they all froze in their tracks. No one moved or spoke for at least 30 seconds. Dave finally picked up a phone to call 911, and John rushed to me turning me over, calling my name and asking if I was okay.
Well I was of course, I knew I had pulled the gag of a lifetime and that he would never "out-do" THIS gag! Ironically, no one thought my gag was funny at all. Gee I wonder why? They all thought they had just seen a friend die, his blood gushing out of his heart. Needless to say I learned the importance of not getting carried away trying to out-do each other with practical jokes and the realization that thier needs to boundaries and limits to how far we will take them. I soured myself on practical jokes with this one and I rarely ever do them any more at all.
Moral of the story, keep them fun and innocent [img]smile.gif[/img]
The.Relic is offline   Reply With Quote