Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2003, 10:20 AM   #1
BaRoN NiGhT

bad news...my cat got sick, she throws up all the time 'cause of drinking a stale milk...i really felt sorry for her, b'cause i could've just took his milk at the morning to put it at the sink when i went to feed her,but i forgot .good news...gladly, shes ok now, but seems not in the mood to eat as she usually does.

[ 09-21-2003, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: BaRoN NiGhT ]
Old 09-21-2003, 02:47 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Err.. scratch that

I have one myself, he'll be turning 2 next month. We don't feed our cats milk, I think because they get indigestion.

[ 09-21-2003, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: Nanobyte ]
Old 09-21-2003, 03:07 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

oooooo..kesian.

did you bring the cat to a Vet?
Old 09-21-2003, 03:35 PM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
Err.. scratch that

I have one myself, he'll be turning 2 next month. We don't feed our cats milk, I think because they get indigestion.
You're right - I don't think you should give a cat milk unless it's special 'cat milk' that's sold in pet shops. You should just give them clean water. If you really really have to, give them a saucer with a little dash of milk and warm water added to it. Most of them love that. But pure milk, stale or fresh, is bad for cats.
Old 09-21-2003, 04:37 PM   #5
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
Err.. scratch that

You're right - I don't think you should give a cat milk unless it's special 'cat milk' that's sold in pet shops. You should just give them clean water. If you really really have to, give them a saucer with a little dash of milk and warm water added to it. Most of them love that. But pure milk, stale or fresh, is bad for cats. [/QUOTE]Yeah - some cats can have it, but most are lactose intolerant so milk's not good for them.

Sorry to hear your cat is sick, Baron . Give her a big cuddle, and maybe lay off the milk . Also if she's throwing up all the time, it may be furballs not the milk. Do you brush her regularly? It's a good idea.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:08 AM   #6
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

cold milk! add nothing warm to cows milk to give to a kitty. the enzyme they have trouble digesting is actually inactive when cold. never let a kitty have warm cows milk.