Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2003, 05:57 AM   #11
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowhound:
Ok there are 35 dots, all white.
If you focus on a specific dot then all other dots are grey/black except for the ones that are directly next to it (not diagonal). So if you focus on one of the 4 corner dots then there are 3 white dots and 32 grey/black ones.
If you focus on one of the 24 outer dots then you have 4 white dots and 31 grey/black ones.
If you focus on one of the remaining dots then there are 5 white dots and 30 grey/black ones.

So there [img]tongue.gif[/img]
but how are you gonna count all the dots while looking at only one spot all the time?

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Old 09-20-2003, 07:01 AM   #12
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:

For those of you who say there aren't any black/grey dots: do you not believe what you own eyes are telling you?
Eyes can decive you... it is not all real you know... [/QUOTE]This world is not real, it is an elaborate program created so the machines can harvest us and use us as an alternate form of energy [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE] He, sounds good! We could make a movie about that!
Old 09-20-2003, 07:06 AM   #13
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
quote:

For those of you who say there aren't any black/grey dots: do you not believe what you own eyes are telling you?
Eyes can decive you... it is not all real you know... [/QUOTE]This world is not real, it is an elaborate program created so the machines can harvest us and use us as an alternate form of energy [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE] He, sounds good! We could make a movie about that! [/QUOTE]phew, thats the dumbest idea ive ever heard! theres just no way anyone would have the energy or money to waste on such a stupid subject... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Old 09-20-2003, 07:20 AM   #14
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Raistlin Majere:
phew, thats the dumbest idea ive ever heard! theres just no way anyone would have the energy or money to waste on such a stupid subject... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
oh? some people might try it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2003, 11:02 AM   #15
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

rofl, you guys are funny this morning [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2003, 11:29 AM   #16
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
quote:
phew, thats the dumbest idea ive ever heard! theres just no way anyone would have the energy or money to waste on such a stupid subject... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
oh? some people might try it. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]*I stare blankly into the air in front of him, my mind tossing and turning the concepts I have just heard. I continue staring into the air and my attention is drawn to the television screen in front of me, I focus on the film "Terminator 2-Judgement day". Similar in many respects to it's prequel, especially the plot. Machines taking over humanity and humans having to prevent this from occuring in an ironic and unlikely turn of events against seemingly overwhelming odds. An idea begins to form in my head, this same head is turned to my right and I face my brother. I than calmly tell him...*

"Andy Wachowski...we have a cash cow to milk...it shall be called The Medium"

*my brother stares blankly at me and then informs me, that is the supidest thing he's ever heard and that whatever I may have in mind should be fine, as long as he names it*

"Whatever, we're gonna be rich, our special effects are gonna blow T-1 and 2 away. Thats what the every day cinema goer wants, big explosions that look pretty*

[ 09-20-2003, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 09-20-2003, 02:53 PM   #17
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
quote:
quote:
oh? some people might try it. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]*I stare blankly into the air in front of him, my mind tossing and turning the concepts I have just heard. I continue staring into the air and my attention is drawn to the television screen in front of me, I focus on the film "Terminator 2-Judgement day". Similar in many respects to it's prequel, especially the plot. Machines taking over humanity and humans having to prevent this from occuring in an ironic and unlikely turn of events against seemingly overwhelming odds. An idea begins to form in my head, this same head is turned to my right and I face my brother. I than calmly tell him...*

*my brother stares blankly at me and then informs me, that is the supidest thing he's ever heard and that whatever I may have in mind should be fine, as long as he names it*

"Whatever, we're gonna be rich, our special effects are gonna blow T-1 and 2 away. Thats what the every day cinema goer wants, big explosions that look pretty*
[/QUOTE]*We Quantum-Leap several years into the future*

*Andy & Larry chillin' in a penthouse on Mallorca drinking singapore slings with mescal on the side*

Larry:"Andy! People seem to have forgotten our cash-cow The Matrix! I thought that was impossible? The story line was 2 notches above terrible but the SFX were off the scale! Are these humans not as gullible as we once thought they were?"

Andy:"Chill Larry... Have some more mescaline. I got our butts covered. As we speak, a team of russian nuclear scientists is creating our latest installment: The Matrix Reloaded. Since its the sequal to a blockbuster movie, the need of a storyline is made redundant. All we need are SFX, and we got plenty of that. Hell, we made five whole action scenes!"

Larry:"Thats amazing Andy! Just one thing: why is the title of this artistically great motion picture so utterly lame? I mean, "[insert title first movie]+Reloaded" ? Couldn't the creative people come up with something better than that?"

Andy:"They probably would if we hired them in the first place. We had to discharge them from duty because we were all out of money!"

Larry:"How on earth did that happen? We were loaded!"

Andy:"We were, until Carry-Anne-Moss demanded an additional 245 million US dollars for having to fake an orgasm AND to have several close encounters with Keanu Reeves! Don't worry though, if the people are as dimwitted as I expect them to be, we'll be REloaded in no time ........ [insert evil laughter]"

Old 09-20-2003, 04:14 PM   #18
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE]*We Quantum-Leap several years into the future*

*Andy & Larry chillin' in a penthouse on Mallorca drinking singapore slings with mescal on the side*

Larry:"Andy! People seem to have forgotten our cash-cow The Matrix! I thought that was impossible? The story line was 2 notches above terrible but the SFX were off the scale! Are these humans not as gullible as we once thought they were?"

Andy:"Chill Larry... Have some more mescaline. I got our butts covered. As we speak, a team of russian nuclear scientists is creating our latest installment: The Matrix Reloaded. Since its the sequal to a blockbuster movie, the need of a storyline is made redundant. All we need are SFX, and we got plenty of that. Hell, we made five whole action scenes!"

Larry:"Thats amazing Andy! Just one thing: why is the title of this artistically great motion picture so utterly lame? I mean, "[insert title first movie]+Reloaded" ? Couldn't the creative people come up with something better than that?"

Andy:"They probably would if we hired them in the first place. We had to discharge them from duty because we were all out of money!"

Larry:"How on earth did that happen? We were loaded!"

Andy:"We were, until Carry-Anne-Moss demanded an additional 245 million US dollars for having to fake an orgasm AND to have several close encounters with Keanu Reeves! Don't worry though, if the people are as dimwitted as I expect them to be, we'll be REloaded in no time ........ [insert evil laughter]"

[/QUOTE]HAHAHA Heyooooooooo

ROFL, good stuff [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2003, 04:37 PM   #19
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

The origional matrix was pretty good in my opinion, it had a sort of realistic "grit" about it, but Reloaded was really poorly done, well it did have special effects which were good but they were overused. If you look closely half the scenes of Keanu Reeves are computer generated, and that scene with all the agent clone thinngys swarming over him is crap, I mean looks good if you squint... I guess it's good but they didn't spend a lot of time on it nor money on extras which don't even look slightly the same, and the rest of them were also CG.
At least you get to see the worst of our "beautiful" Sydney
Old 09-20-2003, 06:34 PM   #20
IAmThumper
Dungeon Master

Word to the wise. Don't set this image as your desktop background.
I don't think there are any black dots. Where two lines intersect there is a square which consists of black and white dots. This square seems to be in the middle of a white circle and the white tricks your eyes into only seeing white when you look directly at it. That's my theory anyway but I don't understand why the rest of the squares are grey and black however.
Mind twisting weird!