Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2002, 01:52 PM   #21
fable
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

I actually agreed with him on most of those, and you are full of bull about his being a puppet to Israel (your anti-semitic roots are showing)

Magik, I take considerable offense at your flame. First, I'm entitled to my opinion, and as you asked for people to give theirs, I did; you're welcome to disagree, but if you don't like to hear what people think, stop posting.

Second, it's intolerable that you should accuse another poster about being anti-Semitic. I call you on this, and demand a retraction. I lost half my family (which was Jewish) in the Soviet when Hitler's f***** troops overran the Ukraine, and one of my second cousins was carted off to slave labor, you jerk! How DARE you even suggest something like this without being in possession of a single fact. Apparently being anti-Sharon and anti-US' Israeli policy means I'm anti-Semitic. If that's what you think, you don't know the meaning of the word. But hey, who cares, as long as you hurt somebody you disagree with, right?

Well, if that's what you wanted to do, you succeeded. Congratulations. You've won. Enjoy the trophy.

[ 03-07-2002: Message edited by: fable ]

Old 03-07-2002, 03:21 PM   #22
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

you are full of bull about his being a puppet to Israel (your anti-semitic roots are showing)

Oh well you have the right to your opinion but I had hoped..I had thought you could deal with facts and not just brainless babbeling about him being a puppet or spewing leftist propaganda.

I know you are not brainless but you manage to make me wonder some times.

Sweetheart, there's no need to make personal insults... [img]graemlins/stunned.gif[/img]

Cerek, thank you for explaining that time difference thingy [img]smile.gif[/img] ~huggles~

Fable, check ur pm sometime babe [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2002, 04:44 PM   #23
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
thank you magic.you said it better than i could.but i wasn't aware that daschle was up for reelection.he's in deep doo doo then after the dumb things he's done in the last several months.

Actually I don't know if Daschell himself is up but he is hoping to keep the economy in the gutter so that in this off year election he can hope for a historical result...historicly in off season elections the party not represented by the pres gains seats..UNLESS the economy is good....which is why he quashed the vote on the stimulus package that he knew his own party wanted.

Old 03-07-2002, 04:55 PM   #24
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by fable:

Magik, I take considerable offense at your flame. First, I'm entitled to my opinion, and as you asked for people to give theirs, I did; you're welcome to disagree, but if you don't like to hear what people think, stop posting.

Second, it's intolerable that you should accuse another poster about being anti-Semitic. I call you on this, and demand a retraction. I lost half my family (which was Jewish) in the Soviet when Hitler's f***** troops overran the Ukraine, and one of my second cousins was carted off to slave labor, you jerk! How DARE you even suggest something like this without being in possession of a single fact. Apparently being anti-Sharon and anti-US' Israeli policy means I'm anti-Semitic. If that's what you think, you don't know the meaning of the word. But hey, who cares, as long as you hurt somebody you disagree with, right?

Well, if that's what you wanted to do, you succeeded. Congratulations. You've won. Enjoy the trophy.

[ 03-07-2002: Message edited by: fable ]

I guess Ill start at the top.
1st I did say you had the right to your opinion and that I disagreed with you. So quit whining about your opinion.

2nd You get no points with me on the comment about Helmut Kole. Since you are twisting the intent of the comment for one thing and for a second My ancestors were in Poland in 1939 so forget trying to play for sympathy from me on that account. The SOVIETS are well known for their lame complaint that they "lost 20 million people" in the "Great Patriotic War" what they keep glossing over is that Hitlers Germany was only responsible for roughly 4 - 5 million of them..Stalin did his own people in to the tune of roughly 15 million.

But none of that is germaine since what I said was Blaming Bush for things the last administration did was AKIN to blaming Helmut Kole for what Hitler did. As in its stupid, ignorant and just plain assinine.

Man Im totaly loosing all the respect I had for you...our discussions with Garnet and in a PM I think, had me thinking you quite a scholar and I was impressed with how well versed you were....

The comment about anti-semitic sentiments were well placed and on target for what I used it for.

So you get no retraction, no apology and no sympathy from me.
Though I will offer some advice...if you are really feeling as much grief as you apparently do for something that happened more than 50 years ago....Id suggest seeking a therapist. Holding anger, and hate and angst for 5 decades is just not healthy.

Old 03-07-2002, 05:25 PM   #25
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
I would like to interject a comment about "The Election" here.

I've become good friends with one of our members that lives in northern Florida. When we started e-mailing each other, I discovered that he actually lives in the next time zone over from me. In other words, when it is 8:00 o'clock here, it is only 7:00 o'clock there.

He said that this little known fact was part of what sparked all the controversy to begin with. Peter Jennings was gleefully announcing that Al Gore had "WON" the Florida electoral votes, when the panhandle part of the state still had 1 hour left to finish voting....and that portion of the state overwhemingly voted for Bush.

If the national TV media could have been just a "tad" more patient, there may have never been a controversy to start with.

Hey Cerek [img]smile.gif[/img] that fact was actually pointed out several times during the next day...and having lived in the Pan Handle of Florida I experienced the announcements of someone winning a florida election before the polls were closed on 6 different occasions [img]smile.gif[/img] I personally believe that any reportingon outcomes should be held untill ALL the polls are closed..even Hawaii.

Old 03-07-2002, 05:29 PM   #26
MagiK

For all of you who think you have better ideas for the economic prosperity of the nation, Im curious....how many of you actualy own and run a business? I know Garnet runs a business and knowing her Im inclined to think she does manage it quite well. I was a Consultant for several years, and while I was successful for a while My own lack of interest in the "schmoozing" side of the prospect drove me back to working for a company.

Old 03-07-2002, 05:59 PM   #27
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

The scariest thing is the fact that he wasn't actually voted in and is the most powerful man on earth right now!

Oh no, not this again...lol

You don't have to win the popular vote to win the Electoral College, which is actually the way the election is ultimately decided. It's hard to do, but Bush wasn't the first. John Quincey Adams, Rutherford B. Hayes, and Benjamin Harrison all did it before Bush Jr did.

All the votes weren't counted, or all the votes weren't counted the way each party wanted? Let's not forget that while the Democrats were trying to get recounts in Florida's heavily democratic voting areas, they were trying to stop the counting of Absentee Votes.

For those who don't like Bush Jr., the odds are he won't be around for a second term. No one else elected by the Electoral College, without the popular vote, has been re-elected.

Of course, I'm voting on his breaking that trend!

[ 03-07-2002: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]

Old 03-07-2002, 06:26 PM   #28
Moni

Good Googly Moogly People!
Stop fighting!
Bush is an idiot!
I know it, you know it and the only people standing up for him are the ones whose wallets are getting fatter for it!
No one from any newspaper has been asking any questions about opinion around here and papers and networks CAN AND DO publish results that promote thier own opinion.
I know all about the electoral college. I also know that a state run by Dubyah's brother with an election result being determined by a bootlicker for a place in the Senate made the final call, along with Supreme Court judges appointed by Republicans.
You're personal arguements with me will get you nowhere.
Bush is as laughable as he is scary.
That's my opinion and I am sticking to it. On all counts.
Have a nice day! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2002, 06:43 PM   #29
skywalker
Banned User

quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Good Googly Moogly People!
Stop fighting!
Bush is an idiot!
I know it, you know it and the only people standing up for him are the ones whose wallets are getting fatter for it!
No one from any newspaper has been asking any questions about opinion around here and papers and networks CAN AND DO publish results that promote thier own opinion.
I know all about the electoral college. I also know that a state run by Dubyah's brother with an election result being determined by a bootlicker for a place in the Senate made the final call, along with Supreme Court judges appointed by Republicans.
You're personal arguements with me will get you nowhere.
Bush is as laughable as he is scary.
That's my opinion and I am sticking to it. On all counts.
Have a nice day! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I stand with Moni! Well said!

Mark
Old 03-07-2002, 07:01 PM   #30
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Your opinion is just fine. Everyone has one.

So the fact that Democrats, after saying "every vote should count" tried to block the counting of absentee votes doesn't matter? Was it just ok that they did it, or was it especially ok because a Bush was the state's governor?