Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2001, 11:39 PM   #11
Charean
Hathor

Like any cat would let you get them NEAR the toilet...

Although there are some rarities that watch... weird... *shaking head in confusion*

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
And so, in the way of life, one must perservere in the face of adversity (or in this case, the face of a fluffy) and continue on the quest so bring truth, justice and the feng shui way to the world (or at least, make my truck look nice!)
And if you are still reading, I am taking suggestions for my next installment...
Old 06-15-2001, 12:24 AM   #12
Moni

Wow! That was way too easy!
Yes! Chalk it up to cats making liars out of us! They have to!

Our cats wear flea collars or get frontline treatments...I still have to spray the house and its one area rug on a regular basis but with ten cats that go in and out as they please, it is a lucky month (and we have quite a few!) where no humans get flea bitten! I would never try bathing any one of them! I have scars on my arms just from them "playing"!

Today was a rough day for owning kitties in my house...Bubba de-feathered a dead bird in the front room, Mr. Snuggles knocked down a small planter that had belonged to Rex's late grandmother and broke it, and then Captain Marmalade decided the plums in a basket (that I had so Suzie Homemaker-like placed in the center of the dining room table) made for the perfect hockey pucks and she got all three of her brothers involved in "the game"! Of course when I went into the dining room and saw the boys and the plums on the floor and Lil Ms. Marmie, up on the table sitting perfectly still and looking like she was all innocence and charm, I knew who the culprit was right away!

Maybe I ought to give them all a bath and teach them a lesson!!!!

Moni

------------------

Old 06-15-2001, 12:25 AM   #13
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Charean:
Like any cat would let you get them NEAR the toilet...

Although there are some rarities that watch... weird... *shaking head in confusion*

LOL I have two that are just fascinated to watch it flush! Sweety Pie will even sit in the bathroom and call you to come flush it just so he can watch!

Moni

------------------

Old 06-15-2001, 12:41 AM   #14
Charean
Hathor

I have heard about cats like that... odd... I even knew of one who liked water and would SWIM!!! Fer cryin out loud!! That is like a traitorous action!

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
And so, in the way of life, one must perservere in the face of adversity (or in this case, the face of a fluffy) and continue on the quest so bring truth, justice and the feng shui way to the world (or at least, make my truck look nice!)
And if you are still reading, I am taking suggestions for my next installment...
Old 06-15-2001, 01:00 AM   #15
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

My GinnyPuss used to sit on the side of the bath and play with the water when I bathed. She hated the shower though. And I kid you not, if she got accidentallly locked in and my flat mate had left the toilet lid up she owuld use the toilet! Cool cat huh?

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk
Old 06-15-2001, 09:11 AM   #16
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by DawnChaser:
Anyone who knows me and my hardship dealing with this monst.. err, cat, would have their jaw dragging the floor if they could have seen what I just witnessed...

I waited patiently for Kimba to settle herself in on the living room floor. I think she was suspicious because I had mentioned the word "shower" in a conversation with Charean. I could tell she was antsy.

After she settled, and I went about pretending that she didn't exist "which is exactly how she wants to be treated, unless she wants something from me) she calmed enough to focus her attention on the sounds coming in from the patio.

I walked by, ostensibly on my way past, in the direction of the sofa. As I passed, I reached down and scooped her up, carefully cradling her so that she need not fear being dropped ( I think she fears being dropped, but who can tell.)

I scratched her behind the ears and talked soothingly to her, all the while making my way upstairs to the bathroom. As we entered and I closed the door (wet cats are worse than greased pigs, as the pigs don't even consider ripping through your jugular, or other exposed, sensitive areas) and her mood changed for the worse.

I placed her in the tub, petting her with one hand while turning on the water in the shower with the other. Expecting her to bolt at any sign of my own lack of attention, I didn't notice at first a change in the program, so to speak.

I continued to rub and scratch her with one hand, and slowly let her adjust to the sound of the running water. After a minute I brought the shower head toward her, barely allowing the water to get on her. No hysterical reaction. No extreme measures to get away and out of the tub. She was concentrating on my hand scratching her and didn't really appear bothered by the water.

My previous cat Charly, (died at 17 in 1997) also didn't mind baths. He stood in the sink, and I washed him with the shower sprayer. He seemed to like being fresh. I've even used some conditioner and it made his hair SO silky!!! (Cat conditioner) never use human shampoo or con... it can clog their pours.

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks