Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2001, 10:56 PM   #1
Charean
Hathor

The man had to give his cat a shower... taking bets on how many scratches... I say 4..... anyone?

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
And so, in the way of life, one must perservere in the face of adversity (or in this case, the face of a fluffy) and continue on the quest so bring truth, justice and the feng shui way to the world (or at least, make my truck look nice!)
And if you are still reading, I am taking suggestions for my next installment...
Old 06-14-2001, 11:08 PM   #2
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Well id say one **** of a lot. But id give him better odds than myself when I have to wash my dads fully grown great dane

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

"I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go. For all this theres only one thing you should know....."
Old 06-14-2001, 11:18 PM   #3
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

I am totally clueless as to what this is about... What is it about?

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?
Old 06-14-2001, 11:21 PM   #4
Charean
Hathor

Apparently his cat needed a flea spray... and now is rubbing it everywhere in the house... which means he is washing it off said cat. I am wondering at the extent of his injuries to his person in the resulting action.

------------------

Defender for the Light -
And so, in the way of life, one must perservere in the face of adversity (or in this case, the face of a fluffy) and continue on the quest so bring truth, justice and the feng shui way to the world (or at least, make my truck look nice!)
And if you are still reading, I am taking suggestions for my next installment...
Old 06-14-2001, 11:27 PM   #5
DawnChaser
Zhentarim Guard

Anyone who knows me and my hardship dealing with this monst.. err, cat, would have their jaw dragging the floor if they could have seen what I just witnessed...

I waited patiently for Kimba to settle herself in on the living room floor. I think she was suspicious because I had mentioned the word "shower" in a conversation with Charean. I could tell she was antsy.

After she settled, and I went about pretending that she didn't exist "which is exactly how she wants to be treated, unless she wants something from me) she calmed enough to focus her attention on the sounds coming in from the patio.

I walked by, ostensibly on my way past, in the direction of the sofa. As I passed, I reached down and scooped her up, carefully cradling her so that she need not fear being dropped ( I think she fears being dropped, but who can tell.)

I scratched her behind the ears and talked soothingly to her, all the while making my way upstairs to the bathroom. As we entered and I closed the door (wet cats are worse than greased pigs, as the pigs don't even consider ripping through your jugular, or other exposed, sensitive areas) and her mood changed for the worse.

I placed her in the tub, petting her with one hand while turning on the water in the shower with the other. Expecting her to bolt at any sign of my own lack of attention, I didn't notice at first a change in the program, so to speak.

I continued to rub and scratch her with one hand, and slowly let her adjust to the sound of the running water. After a minute I brought the shower head toward her, barely allowing the water to get on her. No hysterical reaction. No extreme measures to get away and out of the tub. She was concentrating on my hand scratching her and didn't really appear bothered by the water.

I began wetting her and rubbing the water into her coat in earnest, and she leaned into my hand when I rubbed, but did not try to get away. I stopped rubbing her to get the top off of the flea shampoo, and she actually stood there watching, but having no adverse reaction whatsoever. The Twilight Zone music gently wafted through the background of my mind. This was not happening!

I shampooed her thoroughly, and other than to shake her head vigorously when the water got in her face or ears, she ALMOST seemed to be enjoying it, or at least she was resigned to the fact that it was necessary.

I finished up the shower with a complete rinse, and she stood still while I wiped as much water out of her fur as I could, something she never stood for before.

She even stayed where she was while I grabbed her towel. No movement at all. I wrapped the towel around her and picked her up, towelling her off and talking to her about how good she had been in the shower. At this point she began talking back (well, Meow was all she could muster) and because she would hold off until I was finished speaking, it seemed like she was answering me or commenting on what I had said.

That was a first. I don't know whether it falls under repetition (Pavlov's Dog), or some other phenomena, but she has NEVER reacted that way to receiving a shower.

"She didn't want Charean to be right! Chalk it up to feline vanity. Another woman MUST be proven unreliable, is all."

------------------

[This message has been edited by DawnChaser (edited 06-14-2001).]
Old 06-14-2001, 11:32 PM   #6
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

Dawn Chaser I have some bad news for you. If you wash off most flea powder you don't kill the eggs off, and they hatch out. Check the bottle to be sure. I found flea collars were much better for my cat who HATED flea powder and I was allergic to it anyway!

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk
Old 06-14-2001, 11:33 PM   #7
Charean
Hathor

Oh goodness... she let you get away with it??? I have never been charmed like that with cats and water!!! You must be a enchanter of some sort!!!

I am SOOOO Impressed...

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Old 06-14-2001, 11:36 PM   #8
DawnChaser
Zhentarim Guard

kiwidoc, as I intimated, this has become a sort of ritual by now... She is a house cat, but loves to get out on occasion. The ritual will be repeated in 3 days. She will be purged, believe it.

"Purged? Does that mean we are gonna flush her? Can I?!"

------------------
Old 06-14-2001, 11:38 PM   #9
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

See ! Cats are always much smarter than we think they are !

------------------
So long !

R³ - new, much improved signature under construction !

Old 06-14-2001, 11:38 PM   #10
Keryvian
The Magister

Well, if he has as much fun as the last time I had to bathe one of my cats, it could be a lot more than 4.

Mine decided to jump into an open container of paint. Lots of fun. Not only did I get to bathe the cat, but also got to clean lots of cat footprints.

------------------
Nid yw'r hoff o lyfr yn fyr o gyfaill.