Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2001, 10:48 AM   #11
Moni

Larry,
Well since Sazerac interrpreted your dream on a psychological level for you I decided I would pull out my Encyclopedia & Dictionary of Dreams (Zolar) since when I use it as I have for the last sixteen years, it has been pretty accurate.

I am going to break down the aspects of your dream and list their meanings here so that you can see what I mean if you want to scan through this:

Big buildings~Will have changes in present life
(or tall buildings~will have much success)

Running~Good Fortune

Being involved with magic events~progress in enterprises

A woman being abducted~Very important and beneficial event to come

Others being in pain~be wary of making mistakes

Being attacked but not harmed~will soon have good fortune

Winning out over enemies~success

Of a door~Money will soon come to you

A doorway~Fortune is near at hand

A broken door~Will recieve good news from far away

The death of a young woman~will have a big happy family event

Being a failure~Will realize high ambitions

Attacking someone with a daggger~Own plans will be realized

An enemy being dead~Good news; news of a birth

Killing an enemy~Great joy and pleasures in life

Now, you can let this dream continue to haunt you or you can take it as the portents listed here~much happiness and good fortune in your future...just be careful of making mistakes.

For sixteen years I have used this as reference to dreams that I remember in detail which stick with me throughout the course of my morning...I have found it to be pretty on the money.

So I say, don't let it scare you but look forward to good times ahead.

Hugs Larry!

Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 06-13-2001).]

Old 06-13-2001, 10:56 AM   #12
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

it is painful... i feel the pain... i am good at these type of things... no wonder i think i am full of wisdom but more are still to be discovered... the dream...

there are like lots of possibilities... it can be a premonition, or as Saerzac said, a part of you, or your greatest fear as you said... i believe it has a message... though you might not like it...

there are some things in life, that we just cannot do a nay about... and that is the most painful thing-helplesness...

i doubt it will ever happen to you, but then YOU are the only one who can really know... we dont, you know YOU. when the time comes for something similar or whatever, you know what to do...

and the said above about helplesness, forget that crap. we ALL have a shot at something that is happening... we only falter or succeed... you choose, or someone will choose it for you...

------------------

You know what happened. We are ONE, WE ARE, ahh.. er... I AM 'S favorite pet pea-cock...teehee and... Stay ahead of the Avalanche or risk being buried...
Old 06-13-2001, 11:24 AM   #13
Ziroc

Wow! That is scary!

Can you control your dreams? I can SOMETIMES.. like when I am being chased, I will somehow say 'I have a gun' or 'I can fly' and kill them or get away.. I usually have dreams where I fall, and BAM, jump in my sleep, I REALLY hate those...

I have even started dreams that I WANTED to have.. its VERY hard to do, but what you do (it may sound odd), but say you wanted to dream about your home town you lived at as a child. get out OLD photos, look and touch them, bring up old memories, and if you can, get a SMELL that reminds you of that place.. then lay down for bed, laying on your belly (NOT BACK--frontal lobe of brain initiates dreams faster with more bloodflow), not documented, but I know this by trial and error .

I usually never have a dream if I sleep on my back. anyway, while laying on belly, keep your head straight in the pillow-- you can still breathe if you tilt up a bit.. then think only about where you want to be.. imagine yourself where ever you want to be..

It may sound whacked out, but it works.. I won't even go into how I can sense peoples emotions sometimes! anyone else do that too??

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 06-13-2001, 11:36 AM   #14
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Can you control your dreams? I can SOMETIMES.. like when I am being chased, I will somehow say 'I have a gun' or 'I can fly' and kill them or get away.. I usually have dreams where I fall, and BAM, jump in my sleep, I REALLY hate those...
Ziroc, what you are talking about is lucid dreaming. It happens to me quite frequently, you get into a state where you KNOW you are dreaming and can control your actions in the dream. I can't control my environment, but I can control where I move, what I do, etc. And they don't always abide by laws of physics! I dream almost every night. Sometimes I feel like I've lived an entire lifetime in my dreams.

I've also had dreams which continue over a period of days or even weeks - I dream, wake up, go to sleep the next night, and the dream continues. I had one where I moved to the US and started a totally new life there - of course time seemed exaggerated but it was definitely a continuing story, like a serial. I've even dreamt that I was in Faerun and that I met Drizzt, believe it or not! It used to freak me out but now I look forward to it.

I really should write down my dreams in the morning, because they flee my consciousness soon after awakening, lost forever. And they have such stories to tell!

------------------
Old 06-13-2001, 11:48 AM   #15
Charean
Hathor

I do lucid dreaming, but usually in the morning... where you are dreaming and then are slightly awake. That is when I take the dream where I want to go. (It kinda feels like cheating, in a way )

I have fears, but have spent years dealing with them. Sometimes when I meditate my spirit guide becomes a demon, and then there are demons around me. (I really hate when this happens, btw) I have learned, finally - to face the demon and look him in the eye and tell him that I won't let him have power over me. I face him down - eventually he will leave or melt or whatever. I know as long as I can look my fear in the eye, I can handle it... when they are not defined, or not in form, I have a much tougher time.

That is what I do, anyway... take it for what it is worth.

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
Looking for lost brain - I left it only for a moment....and there it goes... rolling under the table!!
Renunciate in Training
Trucker Punkin Fluffy
Old 06-13-2001, 11:49 AM   #16
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I won't even go into how I can sense peoples emotions sometimes! anyone else do that too??

Ziroc,
That is cool! A method I will have to try out sometime!

As far as sensing people's emotions...is that in your dreams or in RL 'cause I do it in RL all the time...even across the internet sometimes...there are certain people that used to like to Instant Message me a while back...a couple of them were really weird and the vibes I would pick up were so intensly crazy that I eventually could not handle IM'ing with them anymore!

Moni

------------------

Old 06-13-2001, 01:32 PM   #17
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
RudeDawg,

One of the hardest things in the world is the ability to forgive oneself. The saddest thing is we cripple ourselves and our ability to do any other good in the world from our fear from past actions or inactions. I beg of you, seek someone who can help you with this. Counseling is NOT a stigma anymore, and there are many competent people who are adept at helping with such a problem.
I can only hope that you can find some peace and resolution.

Hugs,

Thank you, my wise friend.

The best part of counselers is that they listen without judging. (At least, not openly ) After the first year, I had a mental/emotional breakdown. I visited with a pro, and it did help. I admit, I should probably still talk to someone, but I am back to a functional level.

I told y'all I was crazy.

------------------
Old 06-13-2001, 01:40 PM   #18
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
Thank you, my wise friend.

The best part of counselers is that they listen without judging. (At least, not openly ) After the first year, I had a mental/emotional breakdown. I visited with a pro, and it did help. I admit, I should probably still talk to someone, but I am back to a functional level.

I told y'all I was crazy.
You are NOT crazy. Your heart may be broken, and your spirit may be wounded, but you are NOT crazy.

Sometimes, friends and yourself aren't enough. That's when it's time to seek help elsewhere. You did take that step, and I applaud and honor you, my friend. Please, do follow up if you can on that. It really does help.

Anyone who sanctimoniously says that "God never gives us anything we can't handle" obviously has never visited a mental health clinic or a counseling session.

On another note: Ziroc, yes, I've dreamed interactively before. It's really interesting. Especially if the dream is recurrent, and I can remember it's outcome...if I don't like it, I can reprogram it in mid-dream.

Old 06-13-2001, 02:26 PM   #19
Neb
Account deleted by Request

For some reason I've almost completely stopped having nightmares, I used to have them every second time I fell asleep or something, but now, I don't actually have them anymore, and strangely enough, I kinda WANT to have nightmares again, I don't really know why, I've also almost completely stopped dreaming.
Old 06-13-2001, 03:14 PM   #20
Epona
Zartan

Larry, your nightmares sound truly awful. My own view of dreams like that is that they reflect your fears rather than your reality - and like you say, it seems as though you fear letting your family down - quite a normal fear, but it manifests itself in your horrible dreams.

I myself suffer from Night Terrors. These aren't dreams, because you are not truly asleep when they happen, and it is a medical condition - cause unknown, but possibly due to abnormal activity in the temporal lobes of the brain. They don't occur during REM sleep, as normal dreams do, but in the period just after you have first fallen asleep. In dreams, although it may seem to you as if you are in a panic, your heartrate only rises slightly - in night terrors the adrenalin rush is real and sends your heart pounding at abnormally high rates as if your body really were running for its life. They are not uncommon in children up to about 7 years, but most people grow out of them as their brain develops - less than 1 percent of adults suffer from them. It is possible to injure yourself and others when these panics occur, because sufferers often leap out of bed and run around screaming. There have been cases of sufferers running through plate glass windows or attacking their partners, thinking that they are intruders. Other people suffer what is called sleep paralysis, where they cannot move or speak, they are awake, but can do nothing, just hallucinations and a feeling of terror but not able to react to it.

Most people do not remember these incidents in the morning - my bf reminds me the next day, at which point I can remember parts of what happened. Usually it is objects flying at my head or insects falling on me. Sometimes it is malevolent faces in the ceiling, staring at me. These are not just dreams, they are full blown hallucinations, accompanied by noises and sensations and you are awake. If it is insects, I often leap out of bed, screaming "get them off me" at the top of my voice, and scraping off the insects (which I can see as clearly as if they were real). They only last a couple of minutes at the most, but it can be difficult to calm down afterwards, especially knowing that another one may occur when you go back to sleep.

Fortunately, my bf is now well trained in what to do when I have one of these attacks, because the worst thing you can do is grab someone (this causes more panic) and he tells me over and over in a soft voice that it is not real, and just go back to sleep. This seems to work. I am fortunate in that I can go months without an attack - some people have them several times a week.

As I said before, these are not uncommon in young children - if any of you have youngsters that have behaved oddly like this, they are not attention seeking, and they feel worse than if they had been dreaming. But don't try to hold a child having one of these, just speak to them gently to calm them and stay with them until they are back to sleep. Chances are they won't remember anything in the morning, and will in all probability grow out of it.

I do dream normally too, of course, including nice dreams and nightmares, which for me often involve large haunted houses that I cannot find a way out of!

And now you all will think I'm crazy....

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas