Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2001, 06:15 PM   #41
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Conan:
It must have refreshed your thoughts alot to write about this! I am thankful to be able to have heard about this part of your life. It has touched me also. I sometimes wish that I could express myself better in writeing. So I could truly let everyone know in the right words how I feel. I dont have them here..Your a wonderful person and thank you for building up my personal faith. Between you, Ziroc, and Saz reading these post's in the last couple of days have given me alot of "experience points" in life! Some day I will make an attempt to tell you all mine..
Conan
It certainly did!
I had actually written it out about a month or so prior to copying it here, but to go back so many years and feel the anger and the elation all over again was certainly a trip!
I am glad it touched you as well and don't worry that you don't have the "right words"...when you need them, they will come to you.
You are more than welcome, my friend!

Glad you kept the portal sig! I think its awesome!

Moni

------------------

Old 06-14-2001, 07:59 AM   #42
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Moni
I read your story yesterday at lunch, but had no time to reply. I was so engrossed by it that I was almost late back to work and didn't get to read much more that a few replies. I doubt I would have the courage to post it. Gawd Bless you hun. It's wonderful to have met you and been allowed this glimpse into your life.
Take Care.
------------------------------------------------------------------

[This message has been edited by Wulfere (edited 06-14-2001).]
Old 06-14-2001, 11:48 PM   #43
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Geez Moni, I had no idea you went through all this, just to be where you are today. You shouldn't post stuff like this with people like me around. We cry. Thank goodness I read Caleb's post before my eyes started watering. It's stories like your's that make me afraid to drink, or drive.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 06-15-2001, 12:01 AM   #44
Moni

Wulfere,
Thank you for your kind words! The priveledge of us meeting has been all mine.

Bless You!

Moni

Redblueflare,
I am sorry if I upset you by posting what happened to me. I did not mean this to be a source of sorrow, but rather a source for the celebration of life.
I'll wipe away those tears if only you would smile once again!

Don't ever drink and drive! It is the easiest way to harm yourself, or even worse, others! So many people say "Oh I have just had a few, I'll be OK...not always so!" I am one of the lucky ones in that I survived. Too many people don't. It is their loss that we should mourn if we are going to be sad about anything.

Hugs,
Moni

------------------

Old 06-15-2001, 12:24 AM   #45
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

Redblueflare,
I am sorry if I upset you by posting what happened to me. I did not mean this to be a source of sorrow, but rather a source for the celebration of life.
I'll wipe away those tears if only you would smile once again!

Don't ever drink and drive! It is the easiest way to harm yourself, or even worse, others! So many people say "Oh I have just had a few, I'll be OK...not always so!" I am one of the lucky ones in that I survived. Too many people don't. It is their loss that we should mourn if we are going to be sad about anything.

Hugs,
Moni

[/B]
Understood. I'm glad that you made it through all that and are still with us today! I don't know if I could've gone through all that! I would *never* drink and drive at the same time. I think all alcohol tastes terrible. My friends think i'm strange, but that's just the way i feel. With my driving skill I won't be driving until i'm 35. I'll heed your advice anyway.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 06-15-2001, 12:30 AM   #46
Moni

Redblueflare,
Good to hear that!
Don't let your friends drink and drive either!
I don't drink anymore...that damaged kidney ended those days.
I am the designated driver and I enjoy knowing that my friends would get home safe with me behind the wheel. (I am an excellent driver too...I've missed being in many an accident that would have been the other guy's fault by mere fractions of an inch because I pay attention and don't panic easily)

Moni

------------------

Old 06-15-2001, 01:56 AM   #47
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Interesting that, Moni! I no longer drink either, since I no longer have a gallbladder and the pancreatitis and liver problems I had as complications from the gallbladder made it unsafe for me to really ever drink again.

Do you know, I've never missed it yet.

Hugs,

Old 06-15-2001, 09:49 AM   #48
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Interesting that, Moni! I no longer drink either, since I no longer have a gallbladder and the pancreatitis and liver problems I had as complications from the gallbladder made it unsafe for me to really ever drink again.

Do you know, I've never missed it yet.

Hugs,

Wish I could say that! I started drinking 7 years prior to the accident and although it was not a daily thing, Jack and I or Jose' and I made for a very cute couple! I may be little but I could drink any man under the table and hold my liquor! I was a happy drunk! Believe me, there were times throughout the recovery years that I would have loved to (and tried getting) faced but the kidney said "Uh, 'scuse me?! I don't think so!" It would feel like it was on ire. I eventually quit trying.

Now, sober for over a decade, I don't miss it. I don't even remember what it was like.

Moni

------------------