Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2001, 10:46 PM   #31
Moni

And my real name is Monique.
Good to have you as someone I can call my friend, John!

Hugs!
Moni

Old 06-12-2001, 11:55 PM   #32
DawnChaser
Zhentarim Guard

Moni, I am saddened by your personal trials, and angered at your treatment by both friends and "the establishment."

You have suffured much more than most, yet you remain emminently approachable and helpful to others.

I applaud your accomplishments, both in your recovery, and in being a wellspring of concern, compassion and love, directed outward to everyone you meet.

I am honored to know you, though it be only through this medium.

"I dub thee a treasure, for tis what thou art, to all who knowest thee!"

------------------
Old 06-13-2001, 12:10 AM   #33
Moni

The curtains ironed and the laundry started, I had to come back while I still have a few minutes before I need to get some sleep.

DawnChaser,
I am glad I did.
I would not want you to remained saddened or angered by my trials without me having the chance tonight to tell you not to be.

For as bad as it all was, it was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. I learned to cherish every minute of life that I have, to love and respect the world around me and to forgive those who are blind to anything good, to send good feelings in their direction in hopes that they too may witness the glory in actually living that I have.

Things have sinced changed, thanks to Bill Clinton, and "the establisment" cannot, for the most part, treat people the way I and others were treated.

Everything got better.

It gets better every day, esp when through this medium, I can meet someone as wonderful as I think you are.

Who knows, I may be in CA one day or you may be in TX...it could happen and if it ever does, I would make it a point to seek you out in person so that I could give you the hug that I would like to be able to give you right now and tell you to your face, as I mean it right now, "Thank you for becoming one of the good things in my life. I will cherish it for as long as I live."

Provided I don't become a victim of Alzheimers and forget everything, you, I will always remember.

Counterpoint, that goes for you too, ::sniff:: ::sniff:: you articulate little bastard! I can't match that if I tried LOL!

Goodnight and Sweet Dreams, My Friend.

Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 06-13-2001).]

Old 06-13-2001, 12:34 AM   #34
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Just like Sazerac's post that I just read today, I just read this one today as well. I only wanted to let you know that I have read it. I cannot say anything. I am not very good at expressing myself, sometimes. Thank you for sharing that. You are becoming one of my favorite people on this forum.

------------------

Loyal guardian of the OHF
Devoted member of the Ironworks
Only member of the Elite Bodyguard to Rikard (the fool that takes the bullet)
Ertai's back-up
Memnoch's chief look-out
Member of the Ancients club
Witness of the 4,000th post by Cloudposter
Old 06-13-2001, 02:19 AM   #35
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
WOW!

Thats amazing..I wish I was one of those people who recived miracales cause i have been in plenty conidtions to need them,and yes I belive deeply in god. Well then again i wouldnt want to have my whole insides wrecked. Hehe "And to this day no one knows where my spleen is" hehe, good to have some comdey in such a tale

------------------

Hunter, Scout, Warrior, Woodsmen, Archer
Old 06-13-2001, 08:48 AM   #36
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Moni, you do INDEED have a strong will to survive! knowing me, i probably would have let myself get thrown out the windshield, thinking 'i can take it, no challene for one such as me!', which would surely have been bad. and your 'friend', doenst seem like much of a friend, Mrs. Glowing Lady! i didnt really understand the last few lines of your story, ive been up too long, but the rest was truly inspiring!

------------------
I'll kidnap ya fer 100, reprogram ya fer 300, and kill ya fer 500! Oh come one! I'll throw in the killin' fer 250!
Old 06-13-2001, 10:02 AM   #37
Moni

Larry,
Thank you and Bless You, My Friend!

Love You!

Moni

------------------

Old 06-13-2001, 10:09 AM   #38
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
WOW!

Thats amazing..I wish I was one of those people who recived miracales cause i have been in plenty conidtions to need them,and yes I belive deeply in god. Well then again i wouldnt want to have my whole insides wrecked. Hehe "And to this day no one knows where my spleen is" hehe, good to have some comdey in such a tale
Well I would bet though that you keep your faith a bit closer to your heart than I did prior to that wreck...it was truly a kick in the pants to remind me that a self righteous attitude is not one to live with and that there is a fine line between faith and expectation.
I am glad you haven't had your whole insides wrecked!
Thank you too for enjoying the comedic aspect of my writing...it is easy to laugh at now, mainly because without having that happen to me, I would probably still be the miserable wretch I grew up as. Life is beautiful.

Hugs!

Moni

------------------

Old 06-13-2001, 10:15 AM   #39
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
Moni, you do INDEED have a strong will to survive! knowing me, i probably would have let myself get thrown out the windshield, thinking 'i can take it, no challene for one such as me!', which would surely have been bad. and your 'friend', doenst seem like much of a friend, Mrs. Glowing Lady! i didnt really understand the last few lines of your story, ive been up too long, but the rest was truly inspiring!
SSJ4Sephiroth,
Thank you!
True, my "friend" as I thought he was turned out to be not much of a friend at all. That happens sometimes and it would have been better to know prior to all that happening lol but, c'est la vie...it all needed to happen.
And that's Ms. Glowing Lady Thank You!
Don't wiorry about not understanding the last part of it...if you re-read it after you've rested you may and if you want to quote it and ask me about it, I'll do my best to explain...or you can just fugedaboutit and let it come to you in its own time.

I am glad you and everyone who has read it and taken the time to respond to it has enjoyed it or been inspired by it. That alone makes its happening to me worth all that much more!

Hugs!

Moni

------------------

Old 06-13-2001, 03:38 PM   #40
Conan

It must have refreshed your thoughts alot to write about this! I am thankful to be able to have heard about this part of your life. It has touched me also. I sometimes wish that I could express myself better in writeing. So I could truly let everyone know in the right words how I feel. I dont have them here..Your a wonderful person and thank you for building up my personal faith. Between you, Ziroc, and Saz reading these post's in the last couple of days have given me alot of "experience points" in life! Some day I will make an attempt to tell you all mine..
Conan

------------------