Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2003, 09:26 AM   #1
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Heres the deal. I have a friend who has romanced her on my computer, and it worked flawlessly. now that im trying to romance her, she didnt even do that "where to now fearless leader" conversation. I was Half-orc than, but then i remembered that half-orcs cant romance, so i downloaded the Ease of Use mod, which is supposed to let any race romance, among other things, right? well, she didnt start romancing, so i changed him to human via shadow keeper. not doing anything now either. WHAT GIVES?! or is it really just that Jaheira is a completely bugged NPC?

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 09:49 AM   #2
Grojlach
Zartan

I think the romance possibility settings are set at the start of the game, so if you install an Ease of Use mod or decide to switch a character's race during the game, it won't have any effect. Or at least, that's my theory, but I could be wrong, of course.
Old 01-25-2003, 10:00 AM   #3
Seraph
Quintesson

The game only checks race when you first meet the person. So when you were Half-Orc, and talked to Jaheria in the starting dungeon, the game ended all chance of romance right there.

If you could find someone who knew which global variables to set, then you could probably fix the problem. I don't know what the values are supposed to be off the top of my head however.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 02:23 PM   #4
Vedran
Lord Soth

I can't find it, though, so just guessing. Can't guess if it is global or local, either.

Try
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JAHEIRAMATCH","GLOBAL",1)
which should make her like you.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 05:02 PM   #5
Raistlin Majere
Ra

from the posts ive read, viccy can only be romanced with human or half-elf. i played full elf swashbuckler, no romance. switched him to half-elf, romance started. so it couldnt really be that. doesnt matter much, since i had to format the hard-drive and re-install everything, so im playing archer now. plan on making the excact same party(i wasnt that far, just beat maevar), though im not sure if i want two rangers. the plan for the party THIS time around is

Ephesos(i actually made up that name before stumbling upon the greecian god of hunting, or whatever, named artemis ephesos. damn copycats, those greecks [img]smile.gif[/img] ) as the Ranger Archer
Keldorn as the main "tank of faith"
Jaheira as my nature loving caster
Anomen as my healing tank of stupidity
Jan Jansen as my spell casting "half-bard"(because of his humor, really lightens the mood in the party, kinda like the bards song [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Imoen as my very own spell casting sister

the reason i chose archer instead of barbarian is that i found myself using the bow more often than the halberd, so i decided to use the bow properly then

[ 01-25-2003, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Raistlin Majere ]

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote