Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2001, 01:06 PM   #41
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Z! No worries!
Oh and smooch for me!

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 06-15-2001, 02:18 PM   #42
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Sorry you feel that way, but you have no idea how hard it is to run a forum. Until then, you shouldn't judge me. I've been running this forum the same way for years now, and have yet to poison anything , I have been strick on spam since the new forum too, this is nothing new. It's sad that you few guys think so lowly of me, I though I was doing a good job? Ah well.. can't please everyone..
Ziroc,
I hope you don't think I am one that thinks lowly of you, for starting this thread I think only the best of this forum and you. I apologize if I made it seem that I was down-talking you or the great job you do here. I was merely curious and a little bit confused about 'rules and regulations'! Yes I am the type of person that has to know all the rules and regulations (it helps me know how far I can bend them without breaking them ) I love this site and think that you and the moderators do a wonderful job. Anybody that does something like this for passion rather than pay is admired in my book!

------------------

Ever wonder if illiterate people get the full effect from alphabet soup?
Old 06-15-2001, 05:11 PM   #43
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Just one thing I'm going to say and have done with it.

For all the little "whiners" who don't like Ziroc's SPAM policy...try this experiment. Pledge not to visit Ironworks for 48 hours. For that 48 hours, go log onto the USENET on news:comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg through whatever client you use for your newsreader. Deal with THEM for 48 hours. Then come back here, and tell US what you think!

A) You ain't payin' for this forum!
B) Ziroc IS.

Get this picture?

ASIDE: Ziroc, you just keep doing what you do best. You're doing a GREAT job, and yes, we love you.

Old 06-15-2001, 07:40 PM   #44
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Sorry you feel that way, but you have no idea how hard it is to run a forum. Until then, you shouldn't judge me. I've been running this forum the same way for years now, and have yet to poison anything , I have been strick on spam since the new forum too, this is nothing new. It's sad that you few guys think so lowly of me, I though I was doing a good job? Ah well.. can't please everyone..

Sorry, obviously my last post got across in a way entirely differentway from the one intended: 1) yes, I don't know a thing about running a board like that, but I imagine alone the one aspect concerned here, trying to balance the diverting and conflicting interests of all the members to be very difficult. 2) No, I have never visited another forum, I was lucky enough to stumble directly onto this one, a great one, so I had never any reason to go to another. But I have read countless reports from other members, who had been elsewhere before, that the atmosphere on other forums was much less friendly, accepting and relaxed. And I won't doubt it even for a minute that Ziroc's lenient but committed way of policing this site can be largely credited for that. So, of course, I don't think lowly of you, Ziroc, quite to the contrary, I think you have been doing an outstanding job. And, like most others here, I have told you so and thanked you for it on many occassions - and I meant it.

My post was motivated by the wish to preserve that great quality of the board.
And to avoid any further misunderstanding: the second paragraph of my earlier post was not directed at Ziroc but at any regular poster who should first try to apply his own judgement in order to avoid unnecessary and problematic posts, but secondly also, as the first is certain to fail at times, muster the tolerance to live with the inevitable amount of such posts that will always get posted.
------------------
So long !

R³ - new, much improved signature under construction !

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 06-15-2001).]
Old 06-15-2001, 07:45 PM   #45
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Just one thing I'm going to say and have done with it.

For all the little "whiners" who don't like Ziroc's SPAM policy...try this experiment. Pledge not to visit Ironworks for 48 hours. For that 48 hours, go log onto the USENET on news:comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg through whatever client you use for your newsreader. Deal with THEM for 48 hours. Then come back here, and tell US what you think!

A) You ain't payin' for this forum!
B) Ziroc IS.

Get this picture?

ASIDE: Ziroc, you just keep doing what you do best. You're doing a GREAT job, and yes, we love you.

Sazerac, who are they true whiners, the ones posting their discontent or concern here and at least doing it openly or those who have apparently made a habit out of flooding Ziroc with emails at the first or second glimpse of anything that they might find objectable ? Does that behavior make his job any easier or it is a sign of greater respect for Ziroc's autonomy to decide or of trust in his judgement ?

------------------
So long !

R³ - new, much improved signature under construction !