Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2001, 12:17 PM   #41
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Wow man, that's nice of ya, I wish I could accept but the server isn't mine now (it's a new one) and they only allow people to 'upgrade' their HD amount 2 times starts at 500mb, and $50 for each extra block of 500MB. (total 1.5gig). Now my old friend that I used as my server IS back up and online, but I dunno how his financial situation is, if it IS ok, I'll go back to him, and then I could install the 40gig'er and not worry about ANY posts! I HATE not being able to mess with the server.. I could drive over and install stuff, and do work on it and what-not.. I'll ask him this weekend!!

Ok, well, let me know. I'm very serious about the hard drive. I've got it to spare (advantage of working for a hard drive company), and I love these boards. So, if it will help to ease any pain, it's yours. Let's hope that your friend is able to host again!!!

------------------

Protector and Defender of Nature
All bow and cower before the Triumvirate!!!
Old 06-14-2001, 01:09 PM   #42
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeeke75:
Ok, well, let me know. I'm very serious about the hard drive. I've got it to spare (advantage of working for a hard drive company), and I love these boards. So, if it will help to ease any pain, it's yours. Let's hope that your friend is able to host again!!!

Zeeke, I would be very interested in knowing what prices those drives are. I have a 20g drive for my music and it's always running out. How much are the 40g ones? They didn't exist as an option when I bought the 20g drive.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 06-14-2001, 01:46 PM   #43
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Zeeke, I would be very interested in knowing what prices those drives are. I have a 20g drive for my music and it's always running out. How much are the 40g ones? They didn't exist as an option when I bought the 20g drive.

Well, unfortunately, I can't offer any discounts, but you can either purchase a drive directly from us, from our online store. Or you can call TS and take advantage of our Trade Up program to get yourself a new drive (unfortunately, both for residents of the US only....outside of the US, feel free to email me, and I'll see if I can make other arrangements ).

Our online store (and now you know what company I work for ):

http://www.westerndigital.com

------------------

Old 06-14-2001, 01:48 PM   #44
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Oh yeah, and Ziroc, just to clarify, the drive I'm offering to you is strictly a donation...my treat.

------------------

Old 06-14-2001, 01:56 PM   #45
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Look, I told you guys to cut down on these kind of posts, they ARE spam IMO.
Okey dokey and fair enough. Al I would ask is that you give me and anyone else who is not 100% sure what constitutes

I have seen threads whre people openly admit to spamming for ranks and others where a reply has consisted of a smiley, no text and a sig!

Perhaps it might be an idea to put up a general announcement on this topic to avoid further confusion. I am happy to play by the rules, just give me a better idea of what they are

(Just noticed - possibly here is your partial answer http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/No...L/001820.html)

I also think now might be a good opportunity to invite a frank and open discussion of how the regulars feel this board is developing.

It may just be me, but I seem to sense a fragmentation of what had been until recently a fairly united community

I used to post a lot on the old Diablo Forum a few years ago and saw it ripped apart by factionalism caused by intolerance and dogmatism. I would hate to see anything like that happen here.

And finally, on a personal note,I may not agree with everything Ziroc does, but I respect his right to moderate on this Forum as he sees fit. It would be a sad day if he decided that we were not worth his time and effort any more.

------------------
Regards

Mouse

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 06-14-2001).]