Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2003, 10:03 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Half-blind Kangaroo saves man.

MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) -- A partially blind kangaroo has been hailed a hero after helping rescue a farmer who suffered serious head injuries when he was hit by a falling branch.

The pet kangaroo banged on the door of the family's house in Morwell in Gippsland, southeast Australia, after discovering the farmer lying unconscious in a field, Rural Ambulance Victoria paramedic Eddie Wright told radio station 3AW.

Wright said the man, whose identity was not released, was checking his property for damage following a severe storm when he was struck by a falling branch and knocked unconscious Sunday.

The kangaroo had been adopted by the family about 10 years ago, after authorities let them care for the wild animal because it was blind in one eye, Wright said.

Wright said the farmer could have died if he had not been found so soon.

"The kangaroo alerted them (the family) to where he was and went and sat down next to him and that's how they found him," he said.

"The farmer's wife followed the kangaroo because he was acting out of character."

[ 09-21-2003, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 09-22-2003, 01:07 AM   #2
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Half-blind Kangaroo saves man.

"The farmer's wife followed the kangaroo because he was acting out of character."
LMAO [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Why is the soundtrack from "skippy" sudenly playing in my head. For those of you too young to know or old enough to forget, "Skippy, the bush kangaroo" was our TV version of "lassie the wonder dog" [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 09-22-2003, 01:13 AM   #3
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

wow.. amazing ..

Catch me if you can..
Old 09-22-2003, 03:17 AM   #4
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

didn't you know all australians have pet kangaroos, we also live in the bush and have no civilised cities or so i have been asked many a time.
Old 09-22-2003, 04:07 AM   #5
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid:
didn't you know all australians have pet kangaroos, we also live in the bush and have no civilised cities or so i have been asked many a time.
LOL! I remember some relatives of my wife coming over to see us in Sydney, when they saw the train station at EMU PLANES they wanted to get off and check out the emu's [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

The "no civilised city's" should have a subtitle, outside of Sydney [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-22-2003, 04:10 AM   #6
Link
Jack Burton

WOW! Amazing story! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] I wish our dog would do the same for me, but she would probably stay asleep
Old 09-22-2003, 04:31 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

The more amazing thing is that Lulu (the roo) actually lives in the wild and visits every day apparently, and on this visit noticed that her friend (the bloke who got hurt) was lying unconscious and so raised the alarm. Lulu was apparently raised from being a little joey when her mother was hit by a car. Not a bad investment in love and care, eh. If you do a good deed you will be rewarded down the track. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-22-2003, 07:30 AM   #8
Donut
Jack Burton

Oh no! They've killed Skippy!

Australian axes to death 'killer' kangaroo

An Australian man has axed a kangaroo to death after it turned on him and his wife while they were on holiday in Queensland.

John Crouch, from New South Wales, said the two-metre animal pounced on him outside his caravan in the town of Monto, 400km north-west of Brisbane.

Mr Crouch said the kangaroo scratched his wife Helen on her face, back, and groin and kicked her in the stomach, before he pulled the animal off her.

He suffered a badly sprained hand, scratches and bruising.

"It was killed or be killed," Mr Crouch told the Bundaberg News-Mail.

"I'm absolutely sure it would have killed us if it could... It was completely crazy and became enraged without provocation," he was quoted as saying.

Local authorities said the offending animal may have been the same one that attacked a local motel owner and his wife in Monto last month.

Doug and Pauline Lawson were slightly hurt after a kangaroo knocked them to the ground for no apparent reason.

[ 09-22-2003, 07:33 AM: Message edited by: Donut ]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 09-22-2003, 07:42 AM   #9
wellard
Dracolisk

LMAO Donut

They breed them tough down here [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] And if the roos and the spiders dont get ya, the snakes and the crocs will [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]