Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2001, 10:13 AM   #11
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Charean:
Heck you got me rhapsodizing about why I love my job. I love the travel, plain and simple. There is just you, a truck and an open road - and your thoughts.

That there is. Drove around Ireland and parts of Scotland recently. Very mind clearing. Sifted through all sorts of stuff from waaaaay back. Very healing.

Saw such beauty as well - beauty that is natural, and some that's man made.

However, you don't have to freak out everytime you pay to fill you truck because you're getting paid to do this right?! AND you're not using Aussie dollars. (Worthless pieces of s*** that they are )

Bah

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 06-02-2001, 10:13 AM   #12
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

still trying to wake up....
Old 06-02-2001, 10:14 AM   #13
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Aw I'm being a bit harsh.... it's only compared to the pound and the USD that the AUD is not very good. It's o.k. against the Euro.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 06-02-2001, 11:27 AM   #14
Charean
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
That there is. Drove around Ireland and parts of Scotland recently. Very mind clearing. Sifted through all sorts of stuff from waaaaay back. Very healing.

Saw such beauty as well - beauty that is natural, and some that's man made.

However, you don't have to freak out everytime you pay to fill you truck because you're getting paid to do this right?! AND you're not using Aussie dollars. (Worthless pieces of s*** that they are )

Bah

Yes...true... that is why working for a company is better than being an owner/operator - I don't have to pay for any of it...

And you are very right about the mind clearing aspect - it is my favorite way of dealing with problems.

Funny how we complain about gas prices being $2.00 a gallon when the rest of the world is paying well over quadruple that...

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
Looking for lost brain - I left it only for a moment....and there it goes... rolling under the table!!
Noticing that the Light has gotten further down a Dark Tunnel than expected... Time to get the Lantern... Knowing sooner or later - I will get to the End of this Tunnel to the Open Air once again...
Old 06-02-2001, 02:35 PM   #15
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

I do understand some of what you are talking about Charean & Yorick. I drive a tremendous amount for my job, tho in a limited area - all of north central Minnesota. Driving is one of my favorite parts of this job! Especially once the snow & ice leave. Give me a clear road and I'm off!! Yorick, you're right, very therapeutic.

You're right Charean about the gas prices too. Most U.S. citizens don't know how cheap gas truly is here. Even Canadians pay several dollars more per gallon, (actually they pay per LITRE) even considering the exchange rate.

I'll look forward to your postings on your adventures Charean!

------------------

Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.
Old 06-02-2001, 04:14 PM   #16
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake:
I havn't been on for over a week because I'v been studding for final exams. well I final get A chance to be online but noooooooo, no one else is here and I have to leave again in just a few mins. so I get to see no one. hmm just bad luck...go figur.

Same here - I'm meant to be studying but I spend a lot time here too. I catch people on off sometimes: just a case of luck.

PS:

IF I FAIL MY EXAMS I'M BLAMING IRONWORKS!!!

------------------

Greetings Mortals. My Name Is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Old 06-02-2001, 05:37 PM   #17
Moiraine
Anubis

Charean, good thing is, you will be able to meet many Ironworks guys, the U.S. ones and maybe the Canadian ones, during your travels !

We will create a Sojourner thread just for you.

Lucky people - I pay the oil for my car 7,50 FF (around 1 USD) per litre. But I don't complain : this is an incentive to make companies build cars that save oil, thus lowering the pollution level.

------------------

The world is my oyster !
And now I have the knives to open it ...

[This message has been edited by Moiraine (edited 06-02-2001).]
Old 06-03-2001, 09:23 AM   #18
Charean
Hathor

I am hoping to meet the Ironworks folk!! I will have to make a list of where people live and email when I am in the area... Sheese.. sounds like homework!! LOL

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
Looking for lost brain - I left it only for a moment....and there it goes... rolling under the table!!
Noticing that the Light has gotten further down a Dark Tunnel than expected... Time to get the Lantern... Knowing sooner or later - I will get to the End of this Tunnel to the Open Air once again...
Old 06-03-2001, 09:49 AM   #19
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I am on man. I been on since I got off work and stayed up all night and its now 6:50 am I am king of insomnia biscuits!!! these funny pics have kept me up all night http://www.somethingawful.com/cliff/...ou/page-72.htm
Old 06-03-2001, 04:50 PM   #20
Drake
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Wah:
Same here - I'm meant to be studying but I spend a lot time here too. I catch people on off sometimes: just a case of luck.

PS:

IF I FAIL MY EXAMS I'M BLAMING IRONWORKS!!!

Ditto, (even though I haven't been on...)
you hear that Ziroc if I fail you'll be hearing from my attorney!!!

------------------

Drake A.K.A. bocaj