Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2003, 12:55 AM   #1
rocker
Welcomed New User

Installed Icewind Dale and HOW on XP. Anytime I try to use either the load or save game feature the game instantly crashes and displays the following message:

An Assertion failed in InfScreenSave.cpp at line number 1644

Any ideas. I have re-installed it and situation remains same. I have not applied any patches and XP is Home version.

Thanks in advance
rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 09:05 AM   #2
SomeGuy
Unicorn

I had the same problem for IWD2. I never found a solution. Try downlaoding the latest patch.That might help. If not you might have to delete the corupted game and start a new one.
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 10:33 AM   #3
Wumpspawner
Manshoon

I had that same problem with IWD/HOW. It was indeed a corrupted game file. I had to delete it and start all over again, which pissed me off majorly. Needless to say, I got nothing even remotely constructive done over the next few days as I got my new party back up to where my old party was. There might be a way to fix it... Unfortunately I can't tell you what that may be.
Old 01-13-2003, 07:51 AM   #4
rocker
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the responses. The problem can't be associated with a corrupt game as I have not been able to save any. I create the party and then tried to save the game and it crashes with the message. I then just tried to do a load to see what happened and it crashed also - it crashes as soons as you depress the load button - it doesn't even get to the screen where you indicate what game you want to load.

I will have to check into the patch issue because I thought I had seen one post that stated if you hae installed HOW then you should not be applying any patches to the game.

Thanks again ..
rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 11:00 AM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Your info on the patches is incorrect. Unless you are planning to install Trials of the Luremaster, you should apply the v1.41 patch to HOW. The original IWD patch does NOT need to be applied if you are patching HOW. TolM is in fact v1.42 and applies all of the prior patches.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 11:56 AM   #6
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

Probably a problem with XP compatibility. I playd through twice in win 98, no issues at all.
Old 01-19-2003, 08:40 AM   #7
Maz
Welcomed New User

I downloaded Tales of the Luremaster yesterday and now my computer keeps crashing in the middle of fights. It's fine when I'm doing anything else. Does anyone have any idea as to what might be the problem?
Old 01-19-2003, 09:09 AM   #8
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sounds like a problem with the drivers. Make sure you have the proper drivers installed for your video and sound cards. There are some known issues with the ATI Radeon cards and the drivers for those, check out the Interplay forums for more details.

Just to make sure, you should also make sure that you have the most recent patch installed. Once again, the correct order for installation and patching is as follows:

IWD
IWD patch v1.06
HOW v1.40
HOW patch v1.41
Trials of the Luremaster (Requires HOW installation) v1.42

If you are installing IWD, HOW and TOL you can skip the intermediate IWD and HOW patches as the TOLM expansion will provide all of the corrections applied in previous patches/

PS: Trying listing your system specs when reporting problems. Basic stuff like OS, which patch(es) are installed, video card, sound card, CPU, memory, game resolution you are running the game under, any error messages that you get (BE DETAILED), the exact area where the game is crashing, etc. are EXTREMELY useful when trying to trouble shoot.

[ 01-19-2003, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 05:34 PM   #9
Maz
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the help. It seems to have sorted itself out now.
Old 01-22-2003, 06:01 PM   #10
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

It could well be a graphics card driver problem. Does anyone remember whether you get any sounds on clicking the buttons or on a loading screen? For some reason, the problem seems to be a 'C' load failure. If there are associated sounds with the load/save function (sorry gang as its been a while since I've played) you may need to sort out any sound card you have.