Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2004, 08:57 PM   #61
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I'm going to the Outer Banks, North Carolina at the end of August. Hopefully there won't be any hurricanes *crosses fingers*. We'll be way out there too in the 4wheel drive area only, so there are no paved roads, just sand. Supposedly this area is where all the wild horses are at, so can't wait to see if this is indeed true. Hopefully nobody will be eaten by a shark (Memnoch's thread!). Only thing that sucks is there doesn't seem to be any convenient way to rent any ATVs. I think an ATV would be so great for that particular area, as it is not populated so plenty of areas to just ride around in, little dunes and stuff, would be so fun! Ah well, can't have everything I guess, just sayin.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-12-2004, 09:02 PM   #62
Jorath Calar
Harper

Won't take a vacation... but I'm planning on going to London or Scotland sometime this fall... if I my pockets allow that is... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2004, 10:35 PM   #63
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Don't get lost in the sand dunes, LZ!

London and Scotland sound sufficiently exotic to be a vacation to me, Jorath!
Old 07-12-2004, 10:41 PM   #64
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Spent last week in Gulf Shores, Alabama. In the words of my mother, there is no hell... but there is Alabama in the summer [img]smile.gif[/img]

Had fun swimming in pools, the Gulf, seeing dolphins, swimming, going to a waterpark, swimming, seeing family, swimming, sleeping, swimming... can you guess where my wife and kids wanted to spend most of it?

No real downsides other than the heat. And the drive home -- we did it in one day instead of two, just because we-- okay, I was getting to the end of it. Seventeen hours of driving, with the occasional stop to fill the gas tank and empty the potty tank.

The kids enjoyed themselves, and I got to sleep in. So it was a success [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:32 PM   #65
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Like those water themed places, I see, Bungleau! Or your wife and kids did, anyway!

Oh yes, this was the major road trip! How'd the kids do? Any 'my butt hurts, let's stop'chorus?
Old 07-12-2004, 11:46 PM   #66
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Outer banks are great, ladyzekke...just watch out for those doggone jellyfish...they stug me three times while I was there...not that they really hurt that much, it's just annoying!

These twelve hour shifts are killing me...but, hey, a student needs certain things! No vacation for me! lol

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 07-12-2004, 11:49 PM   #67
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
going to Florida! Can't wait!! Be out of the factory and on the sunny beach. Just over a week away. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2004, 12:13 AM   #68
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
And as for partying, give Downunda a few American beers and a big leather couch and he's the first one to pass out
OI! I was tired 'right [img]tongue.gif[/img] you and Em fully wore me out [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img] [/QUOTE] {cough} SOFT! {/cough} [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

EDIT: wow, cough has its own font colour o.0

[ 07-13-2004, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: Glorfindel ]
Old 07-13-2004, 12:35 AM   #69
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Like those water themed places, I see, Bungleau! Or your wife and kids did, anyway!

Oh yes, this was the major road trip! How'd the kids do? Any 'my butt hurts, let's stop'chorus?
Midway through Indiana on the way back, we started having *ahem* butt problems. Put the kids pillows under them, and plowed on.

And for me, I can take or leave the water. I enjoy it, but unlike some people I'm married to, I can't seem to find a way to just sit out in the sun at the beach. I have to be doing something... anything...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:14 AM   #70
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Sunny? In Florida? Only every 15 minutes.

Anyways what am I doing for vacation? Well, I already had mine technically. It's called the summer Youth camp. Only it wasn't such a vacation this year since I went as a counselor. Being in charge of room checks was fun though. First two days I was nice and they never got in there rooms till just before midnight, curfew was supposed to be 11pm in your rooms and 11:30 lights out. Well third day I got tired of it and went all drill sergent on them. I had the hallway clear by 11:05 and by 11:10 you could hear a pin drop on carpet. Anyways as I stated awhile back the large group photo is on stealthy's from the camp trip. Now I'm just waiting on the GED results by mail. Beuraucracy is our most inefficient attempt at making things more efficient. As soon as I get the paper that says I passed the test I can start looking for jobs with reasonable hope of not being completely passed over.

[ 07-13-2004, 02:16 AM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com