Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2002, 01:26 PM   #1
Thaddeus Mass
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm getting old and the memory is not what it used to be. I may have forgotten something obvious but he last time I did some walls and backgrounds I had no problem but now the walls and bds aren't matching. Did something change in the program or what?

I tried using:

eob_stonewall-torch01
DC_Backdrop-stonefloor-greenmoss01

and the green from the stonewall shows up.

I'm pretty sure I didn't have to do anything to the pics with a paint program before (like change the green behind the walls to black) before I could use them.

I could work on it but then I'd only get frustrated and stop working. And we wouldn't want that, would we.

Thanks,

Thaddeus Mass
Old 01-31-2002, 09:24 AM   #2
CocoaSpud
Zhentarim Guard

Using the editor, you can test the transparency of the image under Global->Test Art Transparency. Select your image and it will be displayed using transparency. If it doesn't look correct, then the pixel color at 0,0 doesn't exactly match the pixels that are mistakenly displayed.
Old 01-31-2002, 01:58 PM   #3
Thaddeus Mass
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I presume the problem happened when I converted the .bmps to .jpgs. It certainly didn't copy them exactly if they're no long transparent.

So, now I'll work on that problem. Thanks.

Thaddeus Mass
Old 01-31-2002, 03:54 PM   #4
Thaddeus Mass
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Here's some free advice to everyone: Don't convert your downloaded .bmps to .jpgs.

Or, in other words, back to the beginning again we go.

Thaddeus Mass