Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2003, 06:54 PM   #1
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I was busily shopping in one of the few worlds that i persistantly play, when i got an invite to join a party. Seeing as how there were only the two of us on the server, and a lot of the areas are really hard for legit chars, i accepted. After several minutes of shopping, i went to the portal to return from whence i had come, and presto, i am being attacked, in a no pvp area, by a party member. My attempts at self defense failed, due to pvp settings,lol, so how did he manage to exploit them to attack me? I ran, and got back to the portal with enough time to jump, and the attacker did not follow, into a full pvp area, where the odds would have been a little more even. As much as i hate to ask, how is this done? I would like to hand any other PK'er his butt on a plate the next time it happens. This particular server is a server vault too, so, how is it done? I'm not wanting to be PK'ing on every server i got to, if at all, not my style, but i have no desire to be a lamb led to slaughter by the server's pvp settings. A duel is one thing, nothing against that, if both chars are willing, but not that malicious attack, where the attacker knows the victim cannot defend him/herself.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 09:27 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The only way I can figure he did that is to hack into the server as a DM! In that case, he could conceivably attack you with impunity. Not sure how you defend against THAT type of griefer.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 10:52 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

He was probably the DM, as Micah said. And that's not PKing, that's griefing as he said as well. Write it up as a bad experience and move on.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 02:50 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Welcome to the Gamespy experience. Teeming with issue-ridden punk-assed kids.
Old 07-21-2003, 04:30 PM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

As i said, he didn't succeed, i know how to build chars, monk speed, + boots of speed equals really fast runner, but i know the dm, quested with him once, for about three hours one night, and i can't see it being him. Besides, what do they gain? All i have to do is respawn, i can stand xp and gold loss with that char anyway. Is there some kind of PK hall of fame or something?
Old 07-21-2003, 06:52 PM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah it's a type of reject-bully room. You know, those kids who weren't tough enough to bully people in real life so try to exercse their feelings of anger and social inadequecy online. Really, the MPer world is *full* of haters.
Old 07-22-2003, 06:24 AM   #7
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

glad to say i've managed to find a lot of places where it doesn't happen, and just move on. Plenty of pleasant people to run around with anyways.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:16 AM   #8
Micah Foehammer

Robertthebard,

I wasn't suggesting that your buddy the DM was the "griefer" but rather that someone ELSE had hacked in and assumed the role of DM. It CAN be done on some servers.

BTW, since you apparently are familiar with playing bards - a question for you. What are the armor restrictions for a bard? Do spell casting penalties for wearing light or medium armor apply to a Bard?

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 07-22-2003, 12:16 PM   #9
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Armor penalties apply to all arcane spell casters, including bards. Padded armor or mage robes are the best bets. I don't actually play alot of bards, i am a bard, but when i do, i'm looking at things like Arcane Archer, where I don't really have to get close to enemies, I have tanks for that. Don't remember off the top of my head, but i think that bards have light and med armor and can get the heavy armor feat, i wouldn't waste that feat on that though, as the penalties for the spell casting way outweigh the benefits of the armor.
Old 07-22-2003, 01:22 PM   #10
Micah Foehammer

I would never have dreamed of putting a set of heavy plate on Deekin. lol He would have fallen down and kept screaming "Help! I've fallen ... and I can't get up!"