Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2002, 05:02 AM   #1
fung
Dungeon Master

As a secondary sweapon for the Faerie Ninja to complement the CoC, rod of spirtes is highly regarded as the best for the off-hand.

Rod of Sprites: 6-18 +2To/hit +5ini 50% hex

Winterwand: 4-8 +1To/hit +5 ini 15% Paralyse

I recently found the Rod of Sprites, but what was surprsing was that when I switched to it I actually saw a decrease in the FN's performance as oppose to winterwand.

Damage wise...the rod beats winterwand...obviously.

But I am finding that 15% paralyse is better than 50% hex.

To me paralyse and unconsious is the second best ailment besides instant death. once the monsters are paralysed, they are as good as dead.

The effect of hex is not really that noticeable in melee. It does however allow spells to suceed more often...but since a FN relies on melee for dmg...hexing one monster at a time is not that useful.

To me Hex is only useful if u hex a group of enemies with the spell and then follow with instant death or big damage spells. As a ailemtn on a weapon, hex is one of the more useless special property.

Comments discussion welcomed.
fung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 09:09 AM   #2
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

I would agree that paralyzation or any effect that renders the enemy immobile and unable to attack is better than Hex. I would also think fear and blind are better than hex because it makes some of the opponents run away thereby allowing you to concentrate on remainder. I would defintely not worry about the extra damage of the Rod of Sprites since if you successfully paralyze you will be doing double damage anyway.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 06:42 PM   #3
Niob
The Magister

Well, you're right, but 15 % Paralyze is not that much. If you fight low monsters, you can kill them with CoC and rod of sprites easily. It doesn't matter if you take RoS or Winterwand because CoC would do enough.
But if you fight hard monsters paralyze would not work on them and therefore I prefer Rod of Sprites because of the higher damage. You're right about Hex, it's really not that important, I like freeze all much more than hex.
Niob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 04:05 AM   #4
Oruboris

Ah, but if there are also offensive spell casters in the party, a hexed beast will be taking more damage, and is more likely to be insta-killed.

Though I never tracked the stats, I liked the rod better-- if I ever play a FN again, will have to pay more attention.

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote