Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2002, 04:38 PM   #1
Zidane
Manshoon

OK this may sound lame. I have started my game four or five times now (just to get the feel of it you understand..... obviously exporting my experience).

What is the best thing to do, accept all the quests I come to and keep them in my quest log or just wander and accept a few here and there, ignoring some people and coming back and accepting some more later on.

I am worried I will forget some or miss some because I am one of those thorough gals who has got to do everything and find everything etc etc.

So what do I do, collect as many as possible and do the ones that moan at me? Is it safe to leave a few for later even though they have been in my quest log for ages?

Also

I am playing on an Apple Mac, and as yet have not got any patches for this game - does anyone know of any out yet? That is why I haven't been playing for as long as everyone else, it took em so long to bring it out on a Mac. I don't get my Neverwinter Nights until the end of Feb and I have got to wait for the original Icewind Dale until the middle of this year. I am miles behind.
Anyway I am going off on a tangent - QUESTS, what, where, how many etc.
Old 01-30-2002, 04:54 PM   #2
Eledenil
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just from personal experience, it's best to finish all the quests you have in one area if you can before moving on to another, otherwise you'll start accumulating them and it's pretty annoying. However it doesn't usually matter if you move on and leave them for later, but it's best to complete as many as you can before accepting more. See ya.
Eledenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 07:41 PM   #3
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

I also try to complete all quests I accept as soon as possible. OK, I am through the first 5 chapters now several times, thus I know most of the quests and try not to start those at the beginning, when I plan to do them later in the game. The journal is much better now then in BG1, but anyway, it helps to keep a kind of overview.
Chris77Se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 02:22 AM   #4
Ike YarakZ
Dungeon Master

use a walkthrough!!! do all the quests in chapter 2!!!
Old 01-31-2002, 04:28 PM   #5
Nifft the Nimble

quote:
Originally posted by Zidane:
What is the best thing to do, accept all the quests I come to and keep them in my quest log or just wander and accept a few here and there, ignoring some people and coming back and accepting some more later on.

Hi Zidane!

This really depends on how much you want Imoen to be a weight-bearing member of your party. Do you want her at all? Do you want her to be near your level? If so, set out to rescue her ASAP. She'll be barely 11th level when you get to her (400,000 XP).

If you do all quests before setting off, she'll be lower level than you and unable to catch up.

All quests in chapter 2 can be done in chapter 6. None have a time limit. Some NPCs have time limits, though: if you take Nalia into your party, she'll ditch you if you don't go help free her keep within a few days.

Enjoy!

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 04:43 PM   #6
ULockit I Stealit
The Magister

Welcome To the Forum Zidane!!!

[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Like the Nimble one said, in most cases all unfinished quests from Chapter 2 can be finished in Chapter 6. I have a policy of accepting most quests and only doing the ones I want. At least that gives me the opportunity and I don't have to try and remember who I have to speak to the get offered the quest.

Good Luck and Happy Slaughter and Mayhem,

[img]graemlins/starwars.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2002, 12:22 AM   #7
Vassili_Zaitsev
Dungeon Master

indeeeeeeed
D-Loc to Johnny Richter\'s like ping to pong,<br />Ain\'t nothing wrong don\'t fix shit if it ain\'t broke,<br />We ain\'t no jokes, <br />you know the kings by the size of our tokes, <br />motherfuckers!<br /><br />Blaze All Day, Every Day,<br />Each Way, The Right Way,<br />My Way, Greenhay, We High,<br />Been There, Done That,<br />Big Blunts, Fat Sacks,<br />Hit It Fast, Make It Last,<br />First Class, We Blaze...<br /><br />Well yup I\'m still drunk with the humps in the trunk,<br />You hear the Kottonmouth Kings yellin\' out BUMP! BUMP!<br />I flew through a yellow then I ran a red,<br />Grabbed a bev saw a cop then hit the clutch and breath,<br />Knew I had to slow down so I smoked a bowl,<br />Picked up D-Loc and told him start to roll,<br />Freeway was packed so I paid the toll,<br />Four joints later my bus was fishbowled,
Vassili_Zaitsev is offline   Reply With Quote