Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2005, 10:10 PM   #1
cav_again
Manshoon

Well, I got nothing in the other forum, so I moved it here. anyway, here's my questions:

#1 (and the most important one), I intend to be a Jedi, and I know its a long, hard road, but I'm up for it. I intend to use a one handed lightsaber. So, starting the game, should I be be a brawler, and then eventually a Fencer? or will those skills not matter once I become a Jedi? Cause if the skills I get up until I become a Jedi won't really matter once I become one, I'm probably just going to try and become a Squad Leader or Pilot early on. I'm downloading the patches tonight, and starting early tommorrow morning, so any advice asap would be best.

#2, what's the general opinion about this game? i haven't been on the internet in about 6-8 months, so I'm curious. what about it is good, and what about it is bad?

thanks

p.s. What would be a good place to get help with this game? When I played FFXI, Allakazam was an easy place to find info, but all of Allakazam's info on SWG seems to be very outdated.
cav_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 03:55 AM   #2
cav_again
Manshoon

This is the first time I've posted a message on Ironworks, and didn't get a reply within the first 6 hours...

should I read into this as some sorta opinion on the game?
Old 02-02-2005, 06:25 AM   #3
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

lol, I havnt seen many threads on this game, so maybe there just arn't many people who play/like this gaem (though I have heard it is good, though we didnt get it here in Australia ...I dont think)
Don't fret though, im sure someone will reply
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 01:22 PM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I don't know if they've changed anything lately, but originally you had to max out in all classes to become a jedi. They're also seriously underpowered, so you might want to reconsider.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 01:27 PM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I didn't play it, but I always wanted to try it eventually.

I've heard people mostly complain about this game, but people rarely talk about what they like, it's way easier to complain...
Old 02-02-2005, 10:25 PM   #6
Niadh
Elminster

Jedi are over rated and most people will have anti-jedi builds. The game is decent, but most people do things other than Jedi. I loved the non-combat classes more.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />
Niadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 05:54 AM   #7
Cienden
Manshoon

Heh, I just happened to stop by here after like a year on absence. Lucky you [img]smile.gif[/img]

#1 You will have to slowly give up your old skills to be replaced by Jedi skills. I was formerly a Master Brawler/Master Swordsman/Master Teras Kasai, but I only kept the Master Teras Kasai skills (plus some medic) with my Jedi for the defences while I'm a low level padawan and still have plenty of skillpoints to spare.

Also you mentioned Pilot...it takes zero skillpoints, so you have plenty of room to play with your template. So you could probably do both Squad Leader and Fencer if you really wanted.

#2 Well...lots of opinions there and many valid.

The game has been buggy and lots of stuff ignored by the development team but recently the staff size was multplied several times over with new hiring and lots of changes wanted and need are coming down the pipeline.

Fixes are being pushed to Live much faster than before. Still lots of problems, but it's being worked on. I still enjoy the game.

Now the other players...ugh. Some people seriously need to take a break.

If you ever need any help, drop me a message:

/tell Flurry.Venya insert message here
Old 02-03-2005, 10:52 PM   #8
cav_again
Manshoon

Well, I've been playing for about 2 days, and I must say I should've taken the lack of replies as a warning. (Be prepared for a little ranting too... although its my fault, for ignoring that and still playing. . . .)

One of the main complaints I heard about this game was that it is over complicated in most aspects of the game, and that is definately true (two health bars for every one health bar? An original touch, but original isn't cool if its pointless).

One thing that really irks

nvm.

funk it.

that's how frustrating this game is.

Aegin Trejtiak. Ahazi Server. Marksman 0012 / Brawler 0200 / Alliance Pilot 0000
Old 02-04-2005, 07:39 AM   #9
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I tried it for a week and pretty found it awful sorry
Old 02-07-2005, 12:47 PM   #10
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I agree, great premise but the game itself fails. Anyway for a jedi, I belive you have to be a bit of everything. Check gamefaqs and PC gamer for information about it.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote