Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2001, 11:44 PM   #1
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

RAAAAAAGH!!! NO! well, i suppose you might be wondering why i am so angry. well, im pissed off! im at the Final Battle, and ive run into a bit of a snag. you see, i have a party of 4 spellcasters, and i CANT REST! I CANT EVEN RETURN TO ANY PLACE TO REST, AND IM ALL OUT OF STONESKIN SPELLS! also, my warriors have nearly exhausted their special abilities. this is obviously a problem, as the battle is only getting harder, and doubly so with the facts that i CANT REST AND CANT EVEN RESTORE MY SPELLS AND SPECIAL ABILITIES!!! any help you can give is needed; i may have to return to my final save, but its just a small price of FINALLY BEATING THE GAME THAT I TRIED SO LONG TO BEAT!

------------------
Proud member of the HADB. And remember, when you're thinking of giant heads, why not think of the Big Giant Head?
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 12:43 AM   #2
Greadius
The Magister

I just spent the last 6 hours on the final sequence. Just the battle, reload, retrying, and retesting...

The ending was so amazing I have almost forgotten the pure frustration I sat through wondering why the game designers made every inch of the battle so amazingly hard.

My advice... stock up on scrolls/wands/potions before you go in, and use everything except for spells first. Amatterfact, the time I did get all the way through I kept my spellcasters out of combat until the last two fights.... of course I only had 2 and a half.
Summing creatures helps alot, especially the magic eating ones (can't spell name). Don't forget to trap areas since you know where they are coming... and you can quicksave between fights at least.

I'll play TOB again, but now that I've done it legitely I don't think I have the patience to try and go through that again... good luck.
Greadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 05:33 AM   #3
Contain

This event will concern me too... as my party consists of six sorcerers. After reading that the pocket plane is destroyed following challenge number five, *conveniently* before the final battle, I feared that resting would be a problem. I guess the only thing we can do is follow Greadius' advice and stock up on scrolls, wands, etc. Also, all the mages/sorcerers should sequence as many spells as possible, using all three of the sequence spells prior to the final rest. And both contingency spells too.

Ugh... the thought of conserving like that just makes me cringe. Oh well, nothing will stop the Rainbow Magi! Not even a lack of spells... ok, maybe that would. Well, you get my point

Good luck!
Old 06-25-2001, 05:46 AM   #4
Fulant
Dungeon Master

I see your problem
#1 Do you have any old saves?
#2 Did you go to options and decrease the difficulty
#3 Put the game on auto pause after round end
#4 Keep at it over and over. See what works
#5 Next time only have one mage and one cleric

good luck
Fulant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 12:05 PM   #5
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

You're gonna have to reload to before you left the Pocket Plane. Then, Memorize a Wish spell or two. You can make a wish to restore the entire party as if they had slept a full night. It may take a couple of tries to have the right wording to come up, but you can do it.

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."
Xod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 12:54 PM   #6
Greadius
The Magister

Xod's shot of brilliance... I didn't get the Wish spell so I didn't know it could do that. It should fix your memorization problems.

I also had a thought that tensers transformation could be very useful if you have it... since it'll allow you to have a few temporary warriors and only take up one 6th level slot.

I'm not a spellcasting expert, but you'll also want to see how you can maximize your lower level spells... like 1st level ones (forget identify) and 2nd level that would be effective despite the low level of them.
Greadius is offline   Reply With Quote