Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2003, 11:53 AM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I saw a guy steal a pack of ciggs today from a drug store clerk, and it made me think about other similar instances I've seen. Last year (at this same drug store btw) I saw a guy tossing in bunches of shampoo into a large duffle bag, then he just ran out. It really was odd because why steal so much SHAMPOO? LOL. Strange. I also remember when I was in high school it was well known that this one guy would steal meat from the grocery store quite a lot. At parties he would always show up with big giant steaks under his leather jacket. BUT, the weirdest stealing moment I think I have ever known about was a guy who stole a Goldfish. Yep, a goldfish. LOL, he just got himself a little fish tank, and wanted a goldfish, so he went into Woolworths and took a baggie, put water from a tank in it, put fish in it, all without being noticed apparently by anyone, and he Put The Goldfish In His Pants until he got out of the store. Far as I know, goldfish have never cost more than a few cents, totally ridiculous!

So, do anyone have any "stealing stories" you'd like to share?

Reality Show Recaps
Old 09-03-2003, 12:00 PM   #2
Donut
Jack Burton

I was in a grocey shop last week and a bloke walked in, looked around, and started to stuff large gammon hams into his coat. He must have got 7 or 8 of them.

Drug addict.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 09-03-2003, 01:03 PM   #3
Jorath Calar
Harper

Not very proud of it but when I was 16 I got busted for shoplifting, me and 2 friends did it a lot in the local supermarket and after I got busted I never done it since... I think I mostly did it for the thrill... this adrenaline rush I got after I got out hoping I wouldn't be caught... [img]smile.gif[/img]

When I worked in a Convenience store some years ago I caught one kid stealing cigarettes, he was only 14 or so, he was so scared I almost just let him go but my job was to call the police, who just took him home... he must have been in heaps of trouble.
Old 09-03-2003, 01:07 PM   #4
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

ever heard that joke about stealing from the company?

anyhow it goes something like this
The company has had this employee for a long time, and they suspected him of stealing.
So they had security every day check his truck as he was leaving for anything that he might be stealing.
So every day for years hed leave with a large empty barrel, they checked it to see that it was empty, and let him go.
So eventually i forget what happened, but they found out the guy had stolen an empty barrel every day for the last number of years and had an enormous stockpile of them at home!

As for stealing rl...
Well, theres the stupid things the boss tries to do to curb employee stealing of chicken where i work. He put these little plastic choke things (i forget the name, you pull one end through a hole and it locks it) so when you need to get more chicken you have to first use a scissor or something to break that and then get it. Its so incredably easy to steal them even after that tho since you could just as well replace the plastic thing after youve stolen your chicken.
I dont think there is really a way to actually find out whom is stealing without a camera or some other highly technological device, after all, for every way of protecting against stealing theres a way of avoiding getting caught anyway. Which of course eventually leads to the protection costing more to run than what your protecting.
Really the only way to stop it is to hire more trustworthy employees.
Old 09-03-2003, 01:23 PM   #5
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

one time is was in this sports shop and this druggie walked in, stole a leather jacket some socks and some other stuff and ran out. They caught him though so it was ok.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:03 PM   #6
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Nope None. But here's a tip if your short of cash. Go into a shop wearing a kind of hood or jacket. Cover your face with a hat or something, and PRETEND to stuff things under your jacket. Look as suspicious as possible and then hastily pretend to look around and walk to the exit. If they search you and find nothing demand something for free to compensate for the hassle and mental torment they put you through

By the way don't blame me if you try this and get in trouble [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 09-03-2003, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Beaumanoir ]
Old 09-03-2003, 02:08 PM   #7
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

well i usally go to the store outside my school and get a coke for free...
Old 09-03-2003, 03:12 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
A couple of weeks ago, i saw this guy stealing steaks in the local supermarket, and he noticed that i had seen him stuff it in his gymbag. He walked up to me and told me there was going to be trouble if i told anyone of the personel about it.

Now, i normally don't care if someone's shoplifting, i always pretend i didn't see anything, but this guy pissed me off with his attitude, so i shouted "THIEF" really loud a couple of times. 5 minutes later he was taken to the policestation which is only a couple of yards down the road. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2003, 03:22 PM   #9
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Good work Johnny

I didn't actually see the robbery, but it happened about 40 yards from my house. I came home after school one day, and after about an hour, I saw police cars parked around a dumpster with some officers looking into it. Now, at the time, I watched a lot of Court TV so naturally I thought there was somebody in it. Just to make sure, I went outside and talked to them about it and there was a robbery at the bank near me.

Thats all I heard, but when my mom went to check it out, it seems that someone wanted a little bit of Christmas money and stole over 10 grand, but he didn't run or anything, he walked away [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

He is yet to be found today
Old 09-03-2003, 03:27 PM   #10
Melusine
Dracolisk

Wendy, theft isn't always people stealing stuff they need. Kleptomaniacs just need to steal, have a pathological urge they can't repress. They often steal stuff they don't need at all or could easily afford. Maybe that was the case with the goldfish guy too? (snicker)
I liked this little anecdote from a literary theorist which my boyfriend used in an essay:
"Years ago, in Naples, I watched a deft pickpocket lifting a camera from a tourist’s shoulder-bag and replacing it instantaneously with a rock of equal weight. The thief spotted me watching but did not run away – instead he winked, and I was frozen in mute complicity."
I thought that was interesting - the complicity thing. Smart move of that thief, I think the writer wouldn't be the only person to be flabbergasted by that wink.
I've never witnessed any shoplifting myself, anyway. Haven't ever done it myself either.