Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2001, 12:24 PM   #31
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by H. Sedai:
Once again, I would like to bump this thread so every Tom, Dick, and Dragonmage may view it's contents. Let me also take this opportunity to apologize to Kaz for thinking of a minotaur every time I type her nickname. I am one of many who were fans of the Dragonlance series of books and games. I was quite enamored with the idea of the Solamnic knights and loved to slay the Sivaks, Kapaks, and Bozaks. I've noticed that I am mostly invisible on this forum, and its okay? Why? "Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggonit, people like me."

Each of you are still welcome to read the story and comment positively upon it. To ignore it would be the wrong thing to do. We all want to do the right thing in this matter. We should support all of the aspiring authors. They have a gift that the rest of us covet. Think back when R.A. Salvatore first started. He probably wrote a short story about an elf dude who was misunderstood and only his kitty liked him. Did his thread fall to page 4? I don't think so.
Awww...you aren't 'invisible'! I see you! *peeks through fingers at H. Sedai* And while we're on it - have YOU anything to post for us to read?

Kaz is doing a great job with this and I'm eager to see what Silver Cheetah suggests for her. HEY! SC - what's up with this? Have you finished yet?

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-11-2001, 08:46 AM   #32
H. Sedai

Let me tell you about my grandfather. He used to smoke cigars and watch the Phillies game. I would sit on the floor next to him while he would tap the cigar ashes on my head sometimes. He meant well. "Popop" would also have that little earphone thing in his ear so he could listen to another game. He was a born multitasker. I found that nothing short of jumping up and down in front of the tv while yelling "Go Phillies" would really get his attention. He taught me most of the expletives that I use today. He was well versed in stringing together the noun expletives so that they would become adjectives or adverbs. The grammer and syntax wasn't always correct but the meaning was always clear. He also taught me that disparaging remarks about the other person's lineage was also an effective way to irritate the other person. He used to lovingly call me the "little wop" because of my father's Italian heritage. I knew Popop wanted a beer when I heard "hey stupid dago". Good times, then. He could do a little trick thing with his elbow because he used to be a tailgunner in WWII.

I miss him sometimes.

Oh, BTW...this is a bump. hehe

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

Old 10-11-2001, 09:15 AM   #33
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

LOL!! You are toooo much! (or not enough!)

The cussing part sounds like my Dad...then he had the audacity to get mad at me when I would use my new vocabulary. Fancy that!

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-11-2001, 10:34 AM   #34
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I must admit, I have been so involved with planning and writing the Story I am involved in with Spree, Mistral, Deiter, and you that I have not made much time for anything else. By the way, when are you coming back to our story? At the moment, I have you washing dishes...

Anyway, this piece you have on the first page is very good. I tell you! With You, Mistral and K. Spree working on one project, we are sure to have a masterpiece! By the way...how's our story copy/paste job coming? Have you seen some of the stuff we have produced so far??? Pretty dramatic, eh? How are you tying in the two branches?(meaning Avatar's side vs. K. Spree and Mistral's side)

------------------

3rd Member of the Ancient OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position & Ambassador)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Old 10-11-2001, 05:54 PM   #35
H. Sedai

I don't mean to interupt Sigfest 2001, but I noticed this thread on page two.

Let me know if you want me to share more sordid details of the mediocrity that is my life. I just have the urge to bump. Its like the urge to pop the bubbles on the bubble wrap. You know that urge. The most fun is when you put it on the floor and then stomp to your heart's content. The looks on your co-workers faces are worth it. I do feel bad for the individual who was planning on using the bubble wrap for actual wrapping.

Like my sig?

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Supreme Commander of nothing in particular
  • Justicar of the unguilded few
  • The tattooed freak your mother warned you about[/list]

Old 10-11-2001, 05:57 PM   #36
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

By the way...how's our story copy/paste job coming? Have you seen some of the stuff we have produced so far??? Pretty dramatic, eh? How are you tying in the two branches?(meaning Avatar's side vs. K. Spree and Mistral's side)

Is the One-Eyed-Wolf story and the Avatar vs. Neb story going to be combined into one story? Or are you talking about something completely different?
Old 10-12-2001, 11:42 AM   #37
H. Sedai

bump

Ha!! I fooled ya!! You thought I was just going to type the word "bump" and then go away happy that I bumped the thread. But, no. That would be boring. Since this is an AD&D sort of forum, let me share my first tabletop AD&D game I ever had. I was 14 years old and Andy was the DM (Dungeon Master). He let us start out at level 20!! It took me an hour to write down all the spells my cleric had. I had named him "Testosterone", the furry cleric of Tyr. Andy wanted us to enter into a castle and as we walked up to the castle, I tried to sneak around the back. He reminded me that when you wear full platemail, you don't sneak, you clank loudly. I tried it anyway. He put a fence in my way and I climbed it. He put a moat in the back. "Damn you Andy!!" I yelled. I searched through my spells and found a spell called "lower water" I then calculated that I could lower the amount of water that Andy had blocked me with. I then walked through what had been water and now was mud. 20 rolls against my dexterity later, I made it to the back of the castle to find that there was no back door. I then walked around to the front and found my party again. They had been fighting and needed my healing spells. "Where were you, bonehead?" Ray yelled at me. He was the surly dwarf. Unfortunately, Ray would roleplay to the hilt and made him the flatulant dwarf. Our eyes watered as Ray guffawed and broke wind repeatedly. Meanwhile, Paul was casting fireballs randomly and with much abandon. Andy was kind enough to let me kick his character to interupt his spellcasting.

I miss them.

------------------
-Robert McCloskey

• Supreme Commander of nothing in particular
  • Justicar of the unguilded few
  • The tattooed freak your mother warned you about[/list]

Old 10-15-2001, 12:30 PM   #38
H. Sedai

Here I am bumping right after my toddler thread. Think about it. Remember when the most magical thing you could find was in your diaper? Think back and remember that tempting white wall in your bedroom. Brown smiley faces would adorn that wall when I was finished. I was the Salvatore Dali of fecal painting back in the day. It was much more water based when I found and consumed the contents of a vaseline jar. The volume of my mother's voice was increased considerably as she did NOT admire my artwork. I would offer some of the paint to her as a peace gift if you will. After the inevitable verbal castigation and cleaning, I was placed in my play pen. I found that I could wedge my enormous head in the floor of the play pen and look very closely at the rug underneath. Unfortunately, I would hear a screeching siren from out there somewhere and I would be plucked from my play pen paradise. More verbal castigation from my red faced mother and then I would be told to "be a good boy". I've tried since then to be "a good boy". Really.

Oh, by the way...this is a bump.

------------------
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac[/list]

Old 10-15-2001, 12:40 PM   #39
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

You know - I worry about you, Hiram...I really do.

------------------

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-15-2001, 05:54 PM   #40
H. Sedai

Growing up in Philadelphia was always full of adventure. We would hold our neighborhood olympics. We lived in row houses, so we had a long concrete road behind our houses. I was Italy because of my big nose. (Magnus Nasus) We had events like run around the block and shoot the basketball. I wasn't a fan of the kick the Italian looking kid game though. The winner of most of the games was Cathy Lynn. She was the one who taught me how to play baseball, basketball, hockey, chess, checkers, stratego, and how to lie down and let her beat me up. Cathy Lynn taught me that when you play chess, you should never ever take the queen because she is a female. Cathy won the first thousand games we played. I learned at the age of 7 and would regularly beat her brother, Georgie. Cathy was and probably still is a year older than me. She taught me alot about life. I was saddened to hear that her father had died when she was in 10th grade and she dropped out of school. She is now an auto mechanic and I sincerely hope she is happy.

Oh, this is a bump.

------------------
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac[/list]