Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2001, 06:16 PM   #61
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Stealthy:
Rambones, you dare?

Only fools go to battle thinking war is sophisticated and elegant. We Scottish barons know that it is brutal and bloody. The only way to win a war is through sweat, tears and bloodshed and not being a pompous fool. Try watching the film Rob Roy to see how well a skilled fencer fares against scottish brute force. I can assure you that Ladylicious prefers a man and not a boy playing at soldiers.

Ex-Bomber, this goes to show how little you have even begun to understand the ways of true noblemen: War is a mess we leave to mercenaries and peasant soldiers, so that we can concern us with pursuits much more suitable for us.
A duel over a lady is an age-old ritual governed by rules well beyond your grasp: it is not at all about winning but about living up to the highest standards of class and style even in the face of death. It is about grace, elegance, maintaing your posture and composure. Anyone can slain an opponent,
but fighting like a true nobleman is an art, is like dancing the ballet of death.

And I rest assured that LadyWendy knows true class when she sees it.

"Rob Roy", no thanks, I will stay with Erroll Flynn.

(Night everybody, never thought that acting like a presumptuous noble snob was so exhausting, and then acting like three of them ... )

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 03-04-2001).]
Old 03-04-2001, 06:36 PM   #62
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

You're leaving too Ramon? "sob". Ladyzekke is all alone here now! "sobsob"

Well, guess I'll have to find something else to do now. Oh well, at least it has been a fine spam day. I think I've had my daily fix!!

------------------
Old 03-04-2001, 07:26 PM   #63
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Sorry to let you down, my fair lady, but your two suitors are bloody Europeans and in my case that means that it is already past 1 a.m. here and tomorrow is, oh no, Monday.

How about creating that househunting thread ("LadyWendy's way into the White House") you have been thinking about. I do not know, either, how to transfer your previous posts on that topic into it, but maybe you could just start it off with a short summary of the events up to now. And who knows ? Doing so might just turn out to have a therapeutic effect on you, sort of a frustration-reliever. Well, just an idea.

See you soon !

------------------
So long !

Old 03-04-2001, 07:28 PM   #64
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

There´ll be one green bottle,
standing on the wall...

I guess that´d be me then if you´ve departed Ladyzekke.

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-04-2001, 07:49 PM   #65
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hate to mention this too ya, Ramon, but Ladywendy does have a habit for chewing up and spitting out Pretty Boy Noblemen and Spitting 'em out. Maybe she is looking for a Man who isn't so "gentle"

Just a thought. Not trying to dissuade you. Rather, trying to give you more incentive.

BK
________
Vaporizer Affiliate Program

Last edited by Black Knight; 03-21-2011 at 04:45 AM.
Old 03-04-2001, 07:50 PM   #66
Ladyzekke

Thanks Ramon. Maybe I'll do that. Seems a bit boring though for the others. ?

Yorick - two green bottles here!

------------------
Old 03-04-2001, 08:00 PM   #67
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Yay! Sorry if I take a while to reply. I get to see that new replies are posted but can´t read them. Problem hasn´t solved, I´m just grumbling less
Old 03-04-2001, 08:23 PM   #68
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
If an edict is passed to use Dubya tenses and grammar I shudder to think of the outcry

We´ve had our share of nob ends in Oz too Bilqis, Epona. I pity you guys though

*sigh* That's small comfort Yorick, but I'm so glad you & Moiraine understand our pain. It's a frustrating situation, having a man one doesn't respect in the highest office in the land.

Moiraine: Dubya has already begun a process similar to your head of state. Not nuclear testing, but he is loading all decision making committees with his cronies - overbalancing them all in the direction of the conservatives - to railroad his own policies through.

I'm with LadyZ - I feel ill every time I see him on TV or hear him on the radio.

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm just surprised we haven't heard from the 'other' side!

Stealthy & Ramon: Sorry to interrupt your fine dueling. Carry on.

(oh I'm having way too much fun with these smilies!)

------------------

Having abandoned my search for truth, I am now looking for a good Fantasy.
Old 03-04-2001, 08:29 PM   #69
Ladyzekke

Yorick - I understand. So many posts, so little time! I ran into a few lockups myself today. OOOO, you're 1 post away from Magister you "sly dog"! Oops, nevermind, looks like as I'm typing this you have graduated already! Is this board rocking or what?! I don't think I've ever spent so much time onboard as I have today I must say. Getting a crick in my neck! HEHE

------------------
Old 03-04-2001, 08:34 PM   #70
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Good news: I specialize in Backrubs and neck Message

Bad news: you are 200 miles away.

BK
________
Is just begging to get her ■■■■■ stuffed

Last edited by Black Knight; 03-21-2011 at 04:46 AM.