Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2004, 04:01 AM   #11
Target
Red Dragon

Thats good to know. Does putting points into leadership have much affect, if so is there a maximum number you can put in or does it stop having an effect after so many?

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 07:24 AM   #12
bsftcs
Red Dragon

According to the manual leadership should improve the character's ability to inspire the other party members to better performance. I have no statistics proving the effects of this. If anyone has it would be Radek.

In any case you cannot improve the skill beyond 12 unless you have the enlightenment trait in which case you can increase it to 14.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:35 AM   #13
Target
Red Dragon

Cool.
I'm guessing the best way to get money is go out of town and do some hunting, but once I have that should I spend it on training in the guilds to improve my stats etc or buying better weponds and armor?

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Old 02-25-2004, 09:37 AM   #14
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I generally spend my money on training. You can always find weapons and armor, and you won't be able to buy W&A that are so much better than what you have that it's a no-brainer.

I train spell schools for magic users, weapons skills for fighters, and abilities for everything else.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 10:03 AM   #15
Target
Red Dragon

Hope this is not another daft question, can say my Warrior join the wizards clan to improve his intelligence?

Old 02-25-2004, 10:03 AM   #16
So So
Zhentarim Guard

I agree with Bungleau's strategy...weapons can always be dropped by monsters, skills that need to be trained in such as spells, blessing, sword, etc. and characteristics? (I'm not sure if they are characteristics or traits...) but they are things like Gallantry, Tiger Strike, etc. are much more valuable in my opinion, because no matter what item you buy, you are going to do much better if you are more skilled ...Just my two sense...
Old 02-25-2004, 10:06 AM   #17
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Yes he can...tho it might take some doing...First you have to change his class into a spell using class such as warlock, etc. Hmmm...You might want to change his class into a paladin first, get into the priest guild, get the stats for warlock and then get into the wizards guild...Tho it's been awhile since I've done class changes, but I think that's the way I did it the first time in order to get into all the guilds...
Old 02-25-2004, 11:55 AM   #18
WillowIX
Apophis

I believe there's a list of which classes are permitted into which guilds in the best tip thread. Perhaps I'm wrong but Saz did a great deal of work to supply such information. [img]smile.gif[/img]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 03:13 PM   #19
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Using the guild-hopping trick, you don't actually have to change to a new class to join the guild. You just have to undertake the promotion quest, at which point you can join the other guild. Then you can cancel the promotion quest and keep your status.

I believe Willow is right about the list of classes in Best Tips. Basically, if you can be promoted to something in a guild, you can join that guild if you are (or are questing) for that something. Have your warrior look at being a samurai and he or she should get in.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 03:50 PM   #20
bsftcs
Red Dragon

I just might add that the guild-hopping trick can only be used if you are playing the unpatched version of the game. [img]smile.gif[/img]

But it is very useful - although it is cheating...