Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2000, 08:59 AM   #1
Gretch

OK, I am finally in Chapter 5, and my party is: Branawen, Imowen, jaheira, Khalid and now Yelsick (spelling on that name?), and my character Shayle a theif...however, I now have tons of scrolls, and cant use a damn one of them. Who should I ditch from my party, and who should I add?

thanks!!!
Old 11-10-2000, 09:52 AM   #2
dragonslayer
Manshoon

I would suggest adding Edwin, if you are evil, or Dynaheir if you are good. Edwin is found in Nashkel and Dynaheir in the Gnoll Stronghold I believe it's called.
dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2000, 04:42 PM   #3
Adhrael

Well, I think using 2 thiefs and 2 clerics isn´t very good.. just personal opinion. I would throw out Imoen and Branwen and add Edwin and Shar-Teel if you´re evil and Dynaheir and Kivan or Minsc if you´re good. Shar-Teel is in the desert east of Beregost Temple, Kivan is in High Edge and Minsc in Nashkell.
Old 11-15-2000, 09:50 PM   #4
fool

Imoen I dualed to a mage around 5th or 6th level . In BG2 she has dualed anyway so it's going to happen regardless. I just kept putting her thieving points into Find Traps so she could still be of use in that area. Having 2 thieves is wasting a character slot , you can only guide 1 around snooping at at time usually ,and her high Int made it seem like a good idea. (Lucky guess on my part
Old 11-18-2000, 10:40 AM   #5
mir_ror
Welcomed New User

Find traps is useful in its own right, but I would rather combine it with Stealth - ie. having a thief find traps while in 'stealth' mode. This way, you can both scout for both enemies and traps at the same time.

As for dual-classing Imoen, investing in Stealth up till lvl 5 will theoretically allow her to drop fireballs/stinking cloud/web right on top on enemies while cloaked in a minor Globe of Invulnerability and in 'stealth' mode... Rebounding lightning bolts off walls will also be a nice experiment to try on those beasties...
mir_ror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2000, 06:41 PM   #6
winglesfiend

My ultimate party was:myself,yeslick,coran,kivan,minsc,dynaheir.You don't need any other characters in my opinion.If you use this party wich is really the best party I MEAN IT,I recommend you play as a mage type character.fighter?mage perhaps?Dynaheir:casting Yeslick:summoning,healing,fighting,casting minsc:shooting,fighting coran:shooting,fighting kivan:shooting,fighting