Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2001, 08:12 PM   #1
Alira
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am about to enter Brimloch Roon. I can get back to Ishad N'Ha by falling off the ledge but is there any way to get back to Brimloch other than going through Dragonspire again. I currently have a portal in the Mavin sword room so I can go back and forth but I am sure that will soon need to change. At the lowest point of the ledge I stacked a couple of chests and I still can't get up there. Everyone has an athletics skill of around 10 but if there is some special way to climb I don't know how it is done.

Alira
Alira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 08:14 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

You should be fine. Get your Athletics skill up 2 more levels, and you won't even need the chests.

------------------
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 08:38 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Besides athletics - learn Create Portal, Teleport and Call of Home.

Create yourself a Portal outside the East Gate of Brimloch Roon. When you are finished with Ishad N'ah, just Teleport and you'll skip the Spire!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 10:48 PM   #4
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I have wondered about that
thanks

adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 02:01 PM   #5
Alira
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wyvern: I do have the 3 teleport spells. My concern is to get to this area once I want to move the portal spell for the dungeons on the other side of Brimloch. I have not done all my role ascensions so I know I will need to go back to do the samurai and ninja quest. Getting there is fine, I just don't want to have to do the long trek thru Dargonspire to return.

Nanobyte: My athletics is up to 12 now and one character has an agility of 21 who I have in the lead. I still cannot climb the mountain. Is there a special way of doing it?

If I can't manage to climb it, I guess I will have to leave my portal on the east side of Brimloch Roon until all ascension quests are done.

Alira
Old 03-06-2001, 03:41 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You should be able to keep a Portal on the east side of Brimloch Roon and still make another on the West side.

I always just made a new one if I was going back to Ishad N'ha again. Not really that much need to return after you have tidied up the last few quests for there.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 08:08 PM   #7
Alira
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wyvern: Wow , you mean you can have two portals at the same time. That would be great I just figured that it was not a possibility. I have more than one person with all 3 teleport spells so I will use a different one just to be on the safe side. So how many portals are you allowed to have and how do you control where you teleport to with more than one portal?

Alira
Old 03-07-2001, 05:27 AM   #8
carg
The Magister

I'm pretty sure you can only have one portal on the overland map. Otherwise I'm interested what restraints there are: I can e.g. teleport from the east side of Brimloch Roon to the west side.
But every dungeon can have a separate one as well, to which you can only teleport while you're in that dungeon.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 09:09 AM   #9
Elara
The Magister

To climb the Dragonspire ridge, be sure you set the game option to easy first. (Set it back to your preference afterward).

I usually have my best climber (human female warlock) do the climbing. My whiskah samarai for some reason (also at level 12 athletics) doesn't climb as well. We start at the high ground nearly under Erathsmedor's passageway above, look up high, pressing Shift and the 0 key on the numpad. Usually just before the tree line, the party'll pop up onto the ramp.

Very curious about the teleport spell. We can cast it successfully in a dungeon? Thought I'd read somewhere that it was only usable on the overland map. This is great! And have more than one Create Portal designation? How does this work? How would the teleport spell differentiate between portals?
Elara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 10:28 AM   #10
Cathy
Welcomed New User

Another thing you could do is just drop off the ledge onto the Ishad'Na side of Dragon Spire. I did it and it isn't a long drop (only lost a couple of points each). I got more hurt falling from those damn ladders! I left the portal on the Brimloch Roon side to teleport back to.

Happy gaming!
Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote