Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2002, 09:27 PM   #1
Tiamat
Banned User

This is a neo-fantasy style rpg on IW! Eg. the fire skill Ironworks Hammer is a higher lvl version of Magic Hammer (goes like Magic Hammer- Forge Hammer- IW Hammer) There are some schools of distinct arcana that are more unique than your average elemental magics like fire wall and cold storm. Here they are: Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Light and Dark. Gwhanosian is the magic which anyone can start with, but its creepy and hard to use. Mods and Z start at lvl 5. The average player starts at lvl 1. Since im the 'dm' or game master, i begin at lvl 50. (this is a lord chynus called Qazah (a chytnus is a refree kinda char that has really powerful items and stuff (though no god, these fierce warriors of broad shulders and uniquely shaded armors of various elements) I will only use Qazah for keeping things equal and stuff. Think of Qazah as a moderator or Ziroc. Hes not there to make u feel pathetic, hes there for game balance. I have made this rpg completly flexible, and thus, have included certain races that other rpg dont like Demon. So wit out further ado...... here are ure races!

Demon ( i got monster manual for the tiefling we use that and my rules)
Elf
Human
Orc
Dwarf
Drow

Heres where most rpgs dont allow u to be these things.. from here on in, the races that follow this message are the "not in a million year" races that companies like blizzard and black isle will never put in.
Undead
This is a general class.... .but if u like sunshine and dont wanna miss out on Light Magic, u'd not choose this...... (dark magic and undead classes only) This is so that we cant have an undead cleric that can heal living (undead can only heal undead)

Salamander- This is a salamander from dnd..... not a red lizard. They are fire based (unless u want a cold salamander) and are serpent like on the torso-down. If mage or want to lern some magical abilities, the fire salamander cant lern cold skills and vice versa for the cold salamander.

Illithid/MindFlayer- Lemme tell u sumtin.... u do NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GET ANYMORE STRENGTH THAN 5! I do this so a flayer cant use a huge axe and still eat brain and be psionic. For all psion powers, concerning strength, i let u go on it as u only get 5 strength as this class/race. If u find a + to strength item that makes it like 55, Qazah will come down and turn it into a potion that gives psionic abilities/gives u a boost. This is to compensate for the low strength. Basically the greater the strength +, the more points... so if u found like a plus 1000000000, Qazah will either take it for himself, or he will simply give u an ultra potion of the variety above.

Genie- Memsy will have fun with this one....... u get to be a basic genie that can use enhancement and warding spells. You can also grant wishes... though no 2 genies can stack their spells..... 1 must either make the current spell more powerful (as in make the 1st one the best it can be instead of 2 of the same spell) or the genie can use a self spell where only he/she is protected......
You can also learn dark magic for the illusionary spells and some summons from each skool (darks ultimate is summon Mephistoleles..... cool)

TIP: Make sure you know sum dark magic or Gwhanosian (good look finding the use in that wildcard school that is powerful but sucks at the start) as Illusions are a dark magic, so you would be smart and put ure casters on atleast lvl 10 dark magics so u can use basic illusions and tricks (like cloning a monster thats on your side...... thats a hefty skill and needs to be 'maxed')

So I will create my character........ a genie (cause their soo cool) and have him specialize in Wards and Summons (the summons are more powerful if a mage or lich casts them the genies or others that try to summon the summons have half the hps) and has a few Fire and Earth spells ( he can only have like 1/4 of em, as he spent his 2 main specializations on summons and wards) And yes, in Earth you can petrify and only a stone reversal spell gets rid of it.
If the statue is broken, that char must be ressurected with full gear but only some gold...

So Gargish is ready in the Tavern Of Hird! Join Meh!
Tiamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 09:23 AM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I would like to try out your game, but I am a bit confused on a few things that prevent me from just jumping in.

I would like your advice on what you would like to see me begin as, and what my directive would be.
Thanks.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 10:52 AM   #3
Tiamat
Banned User

You would prolly be neutral, and you wuld be a Genie like Gargish...... anything else u need me to cookie-cutter?
Old 02-20-2002, 09:20 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah...Set my limits for me.
I do not want to ruin our game by over playing.
If I had the limits set as to what I can do or cannot, I would fel safe.
Also, since you're the DM, what is the world in which I travel?
Old 02-20-2002, 10:23 PM   #5
Tiamat
Banned User

No 1 genie can cast 2 of the same ward, but a duet of genies can make the current spell/ward more powerful.... eg. so you cant have overlaping castings of the "Spell of Infinite Death Ward" you must wait like 5-10 seconds to cast the same ward again.... kinda like the casting times of the spells in bg2. You can speed up the time though, as theres items out there! At the max (this counts for all summons and ward-like spells (like curses)) you may only have at a maximum of 20 summons at any given time. Ultimate summons like Mephistoleles (Mephisto from Diablo 2 with a longer name) count as 10 smaller monsters. You can only have 2 global wards (that affect party members..... protect bars etc) going at 1 time. Curses on the other hand.... allow only 1-2 individual curses (like make the thing's skin explode into bubbles of blood) and 1 area affect curse -per cluster of monsters ( if theres 5 orcs infront and 5 orcs on the rite and left sides, you may only cast 1 curse on each) Since im a genie rite now, ill do the genie rules first.